PDA

View Full Version : risk capital or lifetime savings?

duneyman jr
14th January 2011, 10:08
I'm 36 and nearly all my savings or extra money goes into silver eagles or whatever mostly eagles. I do have a 401k but I put hardly anything in it, but the company puts 3% in automatically so I can't really lose. My theory is I can always sell some silver if I need money and it usually has some kinda profit where as I get taxed like crazy on 401k and penaltys. I'm curious as people say use risk capital instead of life savings if that's true for most. I feel that over periods of years of hoarding I can have a nice stash and 401k..as long as good health and luck

silverheartbone
14th January 2011, 10:27
I'm 36 and nearly all my savings or extra money goes into silver eagles or whatever mostly eagles. I do have a 401k but I put hardly anything in it, but the company puts 3% in automatically so I can't really lose. My theory is I can always sell some silver if I need money and it usually has some kinda profit where as I get taxed like crazy on 401k and penaltys. I'm curious as people say use risk capital instead of life savings if that's true for most. I feel that over periods of years of hoarding I can have a nice stash and 401k..as long as good health and luck

If you trust the Zionists, then the 401k is just fine.

Personally I think that Bernard Madoff is the tip of their berg.

maplesilverbug
14th January 2011, 19:59
I'm curious as people say use risk capital instead of life savings if that's true for most.

In this day and age, are they not one in the same?
Are you not risking your capital by saving dollars?