PDA

View Full Version : "To buy, or not to buy: that is the question:......................................."

Aggie
14th January 2011, 04:14
Whether 'tis nobler in the mind to suffer
The slings and arrows of outrageous Roger the Retard misfortune,
Or to take arms against a sea of baubles,
And by insulting end them? To die: to sleep;
No more; and by a sleep to say we end
The wallet-ache and the thousand natural schmucks
That flesh is heir to, 'tis a consummation
Devoutly to be wish'd. To die, to sleep;
To sleep: perchance to make a killing: ay, there's the rub;
For in that sleep of death what dreams may come
When we have shuffled off this mortal Roger the Retard,
Must give us pause: there's the disrespect
That makes comedy of so long a wasted life;
For who would bear the whips and scorns of time,
The oppressor's wrong, the proud man's contumely,
The pangs of being called a consumate dipshit, the law's delay,
The insolence of orifices and the sperms
That patient merit of the unworthy jackoffs,
When he himself might his flatulence make
With a bare bodkin? who would farts bear,
To grunt and sweat under a weary toilet,
But that the dread of something after mental constipation,
The undiscover'd country from whose bourn
No traveller returns, puzzles the will
And makes us rather bear those Roger the Retards we have
Than fly to others that we know not of?
Thus conscience does make cowards of us all;
And thus the native hue of hyperinflation
Is sicklied o'er with the pale cast of losing one's ass in the stock market,
And enterprises of great pity and fraud
With this regard their diahrrea turn awry,
And lose the name of compaction. - Soft you now!
The fair Roger! Retard, in thy orisons
Be all my sins forgotten.

Agshakespeared

Gene Daniels
14th January 2011, 07:11
Man you have way too much free time ;-)

Aggie
14th January 2011, 10:42
Man you have way too much free time ;-)

Tis' true fellow traveler o'er the silver road. lol

Now back to the question at hand.

ag

PlataTruth
14th January 2011, 11:33
I always said that I would stop buying when it hit $20.00, but I've been at it quite a while. I still stack at this $30.00 level but definitely in smaller quantities, if there is a pull back then jump on. Alas I cannot stop adding to my stack, wealth in silver is definitely better than money in the bank so keep stacking. My question is when to start taking some profit, I am pondering $50.00 at being a safe level to dump a portion of my stack. There is always a correction and it will probably occur at this level IMHO.

wdwexe
14th January 2011, 11:55
Whether 'tis nobler in the mind to suffer
The slings and arrows of outrageous Roger the Retard misfortune,
Or to take arms against a sea of baubles,
And by insulting end them? To die: to sleep;
No more; and by a sleep to say we end
The wallet-ache and the thousand natural schmucks
That flesh is heir to, 'tis a consummation
Devoutly to be wish'd. To die, to sleep;
To sleep: perchance to make a killing: ay, there's the rub;
For in that sleep of death what dreams may come
When we have shuffled off this mortal Roger the Retard,
Must give us pause: there's the disrespect
That makes comedy of so long a wasted life;
For who would bear the whips and scorns of time,
The oppressor's wrong, the proud man's contumely,
The pangs of being called a consumate dipshit, the law's delay,
The insolence of orifices and the sperms
That patient merit of the unworthy jackoffs,
When he himself might his flatulence make
With a bare bodkin? who would farts bear,
To grunt and sweat under a weary toilet,
But that the dread of something after mental constipation,
The undiscover'd country from whose bourn
No traveller returns, puzzles the will
And makes us rather bear those Roger the Retards we have
Than fly to others that we know not of?
Thus conscience does make cowards of us all;
And thus the native hue of hyperinflation
Is sicklied o'er with the pale cast of losing one's ass in the stock market,
And enterprises of great pity and fraud
With this regard their diahrrea turn awry,
And lose the name of compaction. - Soft you now!
The fair Roger! Retard, in thy orisons
Be all my sins forgotten.

Agshakespeared

Aggie. I think I Love you.

valerb
14th January 2011, 12:20
I always said that I would stop buying when it hit $20.00, but I've been at it quite a while. I still stack at this $30.00 level but definitely in smaller quantities, if there is a pull back then jump on. Alas I cannot stop adding to my stack, wealth in silver is definitely better than money in the bank so keep stacking. My question is when to start taking some profit, I am pondering $50.00 at being a safe level to dump a portion of my stack. There is always a correction and it will probably occur at this level IMHO.

That's my concern also, as $50 has been my target for many years and just as sure as the sun rises, it will hit $49.95 and do a sudden turn around and drop to $40 - $45. Taking profits on the way up, is a smart move as we never know what the top will actually be and you sure don't want to be left holding all your Silver with a major crash, which can happen. It sounds like $50 will be at a minimum of several hundred percent gains for you. I just woudn't recommend selling Silver at $50 for those entering the market at $20 to $30. It's a nice profit, but not the potential it has. I won't predict we will ever reach $100 or above, but I sure as hell hope it does. Selling 2,000 ounces at $50 will provide me with more money than I have invested in Silver it total and I'll still have the bulk of my Silver to hold out for even higher prices. If $50 is the best price I ever get, I'll still be far ahead of the game no matter what I sell the balance for. $100 to $150 will put a lot of our members in the seven figure club. Of course Maple is probably already there if he is still holding all the Silver he once reported having and I'm sure he is not alone. I'm on that border line of buying or not buying. I don't want to buy Silver at these high prices, but may be forced to if the Dollar should start tanking for real or buying one hell of a lot more Swiss Francs. I'm holding out for another major financial fiasco, like the derviatives, which could bring about single digit Silver for a short period of time. If you spend all your money on $30 Silver, how can you really take advantage of single digit prices if they should be repeated. That's not a Roger prediction, just a reality that is possible rather we want to believe it or not. I'm prepared for all kinds of emergencies and single digit Silver is what I call an emergency that I definetly need to be prepared to take advantage of.

Aggie
14th January 2011, 18:03
Aggie. I think I Love you.

"LOVE Is a Many-Splendored Thing."

lol

ag

gollumthegreat
14th January 2011, 21:40
I doubt there will ever be 'single digit Silver'. Even briefly.

In the event of a Fiasco such as derivatives, you'll be lucky if you see any Silver for any price.

If anyone thinks an ounce of my Silver is only worth a single digit, I'll show them two digits.

Maybe early April 1st 2011 you might see 'single digit Silver'. But only before Lunch.

valerb
15th January 2011, 02:02

In the event of a Fiasco such as derivatives, you'll be lucky if you see any Silver for any price.

If anyone thinks an ounce of my Silver is only worth a single digit, I'll show them two digits.

Maybe early April 1st 2011 you might see 'single digit Silver'. But only before Lunch.

You could buy all the Silver you could afford in 2008 when it was in the single digits, what makes 2011 any different if there is a collapse in the markets again. That is, if the price should drop into the single digits again, why would you not be able to buy any?

Aggie
15th January 2011, 02:03

I don't see single digits either unless everything else in the world has gone to hell in a hand basket and we're Mad Max. Then who cares, right? lol

I'm really trying to get a feel on what's the next move by JP Morgie. My gut tells me while they're getting away with murder through position limit latitudes given by the CFTC that the heat from all these people buying into ag these days and getting shafted is gonna waft up to a very stinkable politically unsuitable situation sooner or later. Much less entire countries getting affected by same. I don't think this ends well for somebody in the current path of apparent shady things going on here. There's manipulated markets and then there's outright criminally manipulative in the face of the law markets. I'm not quite sure what we're dealing with at this exact point in time.

ag

http://www.zerohedge.com/article/guest-post-jp-morgan-wins-cftc-position-limits-do-not-apply-them

maplesilverbug
15th January 2011, 08:40
You could buy all the Silver you could afford in 2008 when it was in the single digits...

Yup.
But what you couldn't do was buy silver for single digit dollars -- premiums were outrageous!

Old Duck
15th January 2011, 09:29
When food gets so high in price that you can't buy it with paper money what will you do? Buy it with silver? I doubt it, cause there won't be any available. Buy a plot of land near a river, a gun, and a fishing pole. Then you can hunt, fish and plant for your food.

What is Truth?
15th January 2011, 14:33
Yup.
But what you couldn't do was buy silver for single digit dollars -- premiums were outrageous!

What did you consider outrageous back then? I bought 100 ounce bars (Academy) at $1.50 over spot then. That's a higher premium then I can get them for today but I didn't consider it outrageous.

maplesilverbug
15th January 2011, 17:04
What did you consider outrageous back then? I bought 100 ounce bars (Academy) at $1.50 over spot then. That's a higher premium then I can get them for today but I didn't consider it outrageous.

Your 100oz bars ran you ~16% premium then (based on $9/oz); now I can pick up RCM 100oz bars for a 3% premium.

Using these numbers, single-digit mid/post-crash silver premiums were 433% HIGHER than they are now.
That is what I would call outrageous.

I saw Maples going for 40-50% premiums.
Even I was selling no-name rounds with a 20% prem. (shhh!) ;)

Aggie
16th January 2011, 14:18
"That is what I would call outrageous."

Nothing truly 'outrageous' IMO has happened yet with silver regardless of the current ramp up as commodities as a whole are getting excess money inflation by way of speculators on WS. There's still not quite outrageous public-wide demand even in the face of outrageous short manipulation schemes and other sundry shenanigans. But this will undoubtedly change as long positions eventually overwhelm the current state of affairs. There's a 'masses awakening' occuring. Common people are just starting to wake up about how best to protect their purchasing power in the wake of currency debasement ala the Fed Reserve. It's just starting to dawn on John Q. Public that getting essentially 0% interest in bank account deposits is not going to cut it. The stock market scares the crap out of them. The bond market scares the crap out of them. The real estate market scares the crap out of them. So what's left? PM's.

A JP Morgan can kick this can down the road only so far as an outrageous public demand never materializes and overwhelms their short position. I think they're playing with fire if they take this too far for too long. I think an outrageous level of demand is just around the corner and there's nothing they can really do about it when all's said and done. The market will always win in the long run. If vast numbers of people want something bad enough the politicians will have no choice but to give it to them and that includes an outrageous PM bubble. The JP Morgan's of the world will be right there as well I'm sure to suddenly turn their short positions into accomodating long ones. Such as it ever was. That's the inevitable trend as I see it.

ag

maplesilverbug
16th January 2011, 16:43
'Fear' was the "outrageous" part of premiums two years ago.

Now that the stock market has "recovered" (via QE's), the public is no longer in a manic fearful state.
The fear is most likely still there, but it is not en bloc; thus premiums have dropped (as well as rising spot taking a bite out).

Ardent Listener
16th January 2011, 16:54
Premiums will tend to go up after silver takes a big hit on its spot price. Dealers have to try to recover their costs somewhere. Even with the high premiums of 08 it was a buyer's market. Those were the days.

valerb
16th January 2011, 20:04
Yup.

That was true for the Retail dealers, but NWTM did not take advantage of the retail shortage by jacking up their prices. So they were selling and delivering for single digit numbers. It was only for s short time, but it did happen.

AgShaman
16th January 2011, 20:25
This is true. I received a large shipment of 100 oz. bricks from NWTM at that beat-down price.

Of course I had to wait 4 months for delivery...but it did happen, so they have somewhat of a black eye, but they've weathered the storm. I believe really...in essence, an American proxy for PAAS, a signature of a miner that is a true player and true producer...as in: they are supplying the metal for this private Mint. These Cats are the real deal...you can take your big bars there and convert to 1 ouncers for 90 cents per oz. They also provide a courtesy of not sending small items to melt...as a way to keep up with secondary demand when they've got backed up orders for their signature bullion. Walk in...walk out. Cash N Carry....no paper trail. If you sell big bars outright for cash...that price is not bad either. Any way you look at it...until society unravels...there are players in this busines that will deliver silver.

Until you have a parabola that sends shock waves and breaks down society....there is still a game of cat and mouse to be played. I said in many posts that JPM would get "grandfathered" and therefore...would not be subject to position limits. Stay nimble...and stay focused. Until the rabble rousers force the Comex...and their "Syndicate" masters to deliver...this price discovery war will continue to be waged. Always keep some skin in the game...if you're gambling with a portion of your stack.

Crash Silver...Crash Damn You! (wait until tomorrow though)