PDA

View Full Version : Massive Silver Withdrawals From The Comex

gottago
9th January 2011, 19:51
Massive Silver Withdrawals From The Comex

It will be interesting to see how the CFTC, the Obama Administration and the Comex deal with this situation with silver, including massive paper short positions.

Harvery Organ's commentary:

"And now for the big silver report.

We witnessed a massive withdrawal of silver unprecedented in the history of the comex. First there was a smallish 6507 oz of silver deposited to two customers, one being 497 oz and the other 6010 oz). But just look at the huge withdrawals:

Four customers (not dealers) withdrew a total of 1,019,310 oz from the comex vaults. This is real silver leaving from 4 registered vaults. The individual withdrawals are: 579,081, 30,380, 399,994 and 9855 oz.

The dealer (our bankers) also were involved in the withdrawal of silver to the tune of 769,941 oz (there were 2 dealers involved removing 102,866 and 667,875 ozs). When you see this massive drain of silver, the fire is raging. The total silver withdrawal by both dealer and customer totalled an astronomical 1,789,251. The Brink's trucks must have been very busy yesterday.

The comex folk notified us that an amazing 85 notices were sent down for servicing for a total of 425,000 oz of silver. The total number of silver notices sent down so far total 323 or 1,615,000 oz. To obtain what is left to be served, I take the open interest for January at 153 and subtract 85 deliveries leaving a total of 68 notices or 340,000 oz left to be serviced.

Thus the total number of silver ounces standing in this non delivery month of January is as follows:

1,615,000 oz + 340,000 = 1,955,000 oz (Thursday total = 1,625,000). As promised to you, this number is rising and will continue to rise until the end of the month as our banker cartel scrambles to get any morsel of silver to satisfy the massive demand for this metal. Our bankers are stunned to see such a huge amount of silver options in a traditionally slow month.

I hope everyone caught the Eric Sprott story on Kingworld news that he is having trouble locating silver."

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

http://www.marketoracle.co.uk/Article25465.html

What is Truth?
9th January 2011, 19:54
Thanks for the article and link.

ccjoe
9th January 2011, 20:14
One of these huge occurrences is going to spike silver to 40 in a couple days. Just watch.
It is going to happen as surely as the Red Sox FINALLY won the pennant.

GrizzlyBearBob
9th January 2011, 20:30
That is interesting. Thank you for the information. ....Bob

ccjoe
9th January 2011, 20:48
http://www.kitco.com/market/
Like I said one of these days parabolic!
Like I say all day long "Thank you God"

silverstriker62
9th January 2011, 22:56
So this tells me silver is about to take off? WTH is roger gonna do?

gollumthegreat
9th January 2011, 23:12
When that happens Roger will be frantic, but outwardly, he will keep the proverbial tight upper lip and cool exterior of his fellow muppet and idol, Ben Bernanke.

valerb
10th January 2011, 06:17
Massive Silver Withdrawals From The Comex

It will be interesting to see how the CFTC, the Obama Administration and the Comex deal with this situation with silver, including massive paper short positions.

Harvery Organ's commentary:

"And now for the big silver report.

We witnessed a massive withdrawal of silver unprecedented in the history of the comex. First there was a smallish 6507 oz of silver deposited to two customers, one being 497 oz and the other 6010 oz). But just look at the huge withdrawals:

Four customers (not dealers) withdrew a total of 1,019,310 oz from the comex vaults. This is real silver leaving from 4 registered vaults. The individual withdrawals are: 579,081, 30,380, 399,994 and 9855 oz.

The dealer (our bankers) also were involved in the withdrawal of silver to the tune of 769,941 oz (there were 2 dealers involved removing 102,866 and 667,875 ozs). When you see this massive drain of silver, the fire is raging. The total silver withdrawal by both dealer and customer totalled an astronomical 1,789,251. The Brink's trucks must have been very busy yesterday.

The comex folk notified us that an amazing 85 notices were sent down for servicing for a total of 425,000 oz of silver. The total number of silver notices sent down so far total 323 or 1,615,000 oz. To obtain what is left to be served, I take the open interest for January at 153 and subtract 85 deliveries leaving a total of 68 notices or 340,000 oz left to be serviced.

Thus the total number of silver ounces standing in this non delivery month of January is as follows:

1,615,000 oz + 340,000 = 1,955,000 oz (Thursday total = 1,625,000). As promised to you, this number is rising and will continue to rise until the end of the month as our banker cartel scrambles to get any morsel of silver to satisfy the massive demand for this metal. Our bankers are stunned to see such a huge amount of silver options in a traditionally slow month.

I hope everyone caught the Eric Sprott story on Kingworld news that he is having trouble locating silver."

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

http://www.marketoracle.co.uk/Article25465.html

The only thing massive is the amount of bullshit Harvey slings.

Does Harvey jump up and down and shout from the roof tops when 2 million ounces are added to COMEX inventories??

This "MASSIVE" amount is a whopping 1.67% of the COMEX inventory.

If 1.67% represents a "MASSIVE" anything, then we must have had a catastrophic loss in the value of Silver this past week.

Actually, Harvey used the words "HUGE", "MASSIVE" and "ASTRONOMICAL"

If there is ever 15 or 20 million ounces withdrawn in a single day, then Harvey can say they had a massive withdrawal.

Does anyone know exactly how long the dealers have been scraping the bottom of the barrel to fill COMEX orders. They just keep coming up with enough to meet the demand, no matter how much it is!!! Delivery month or not.

I read all this crap about Silver finally running out and yet when I look at APMEX and Tulving, I see all the Silver we could ever want. So much for the general public catching on and buying up all the available retail Silver.

If we have all this Retail Silver, then why in the world would we be running out of Wholesale Silver? All I see is the continuation of the hyperbolic bullshit I've been reading for the past 13+ years.

Yes Silver has gone up in price and yes we have probably reduced the amount of available Silver, especially with the ETF's, but are we really scraping the bottom of the barrel? I don't know, no one on the forum knows and none of our Silver Analyst knows and that includes Harvey. We can only "hope"!!!!!!

ccjoe
10th January 2011, 10:25
The only thing massive is the amount of bullshit Harvey slings.

Does Harvey jump up and down and shout from the roof tops when 2 million ounces are added to COMEX inventories??

This "MASSIVE" amount is a whopping 1.67% of the COMEX inventory.

If 1.67% represents a "MASSIVE" anything, then we must have had a catastrophic loss in the value of Silver this past week.

Actually, Harvey used the words "HUGE", "MASSIVE" and "ASTRONOMICAL"

If there is ever 15 or 20 million ounces withdrawn in a single day, then Harvey can say they had a massive withdrawal.

Does anyone know exactly how long the dealers have been scraping the bottom of the barrel to fill COMEX orders. They just keep coming up with enough to meet the demand, no matter how much it is!!! Delivery month or not.

I read all this crap about Silver finally running out and yet when I look at APMEX and Tulving, I see all the Silver we could ever want. So much for the general public catching on and buying up all the available retail Silver.

If we have all this Retail Silver, then why in the world would we be running out of Wholesale Silver? All I see is the continuation of the hyperbolic bullshit I've been reading for the past 13+ years.

Yes Silver has gone up in price and yes we have probably reduced the amount of available Silver, especially with the ETF's, but are we really scraping the bottom of the barrel? I don't know, no one on the forum knows and none of our Silver Analyst knows and that includes Harvey. We can only "hope"!!!!!!

Val- You sound like you need another vaca:)

Jack
10th January 2011, 10:46
OK, so we can look forward to lock limit up tomorrow or Wednesday? If nothing happens by end of week, how do we interpret that?

sohanneedsdough
10th January 2011, 12:42
If facts were facts, you WOULDN'T need to make 9 threads about the same thing : silver shortage. I don't make threads about the sky being blue, because its a fact. Doesn't need to be stated again.

Obviously most of you wait on ASSURANCE from your fellow peers in order to sleep at night knowing you made the right decision. Fact is 90% of the people on this forum aren't gonna know when to get out.

gollumthegreat
10th January 2011, 14:37
I think the real crunch will be a bit further down the road than people imagine.

Especially with the fickleness of some investors.

Do the people crying the shortage hasn't happened yet, not realise 9/10ths of all available above ground Silver ever mined, has been consumed never to return? And, that in the developed world we use 6/10ths of an ounce per person per year.

Get a grip! Think more next decade or one after, instead of right now, or by tomorrow, or next week!

shall
10th January 2011, 14:50
ftr, when I checked on Friday, Apmex was out of stock on more silver products than I've ever seen

orlando_wrx
10th January 2011, 14:52
Fact is 90% of the people on this forum aren't gonna know when to get out.

Wow, two posts so far and one says 90% here don't know anything, the other says 99%. Which is it, and how did you perform your calculations? Head on over to kitco, they're probably more your speed.

valerb
10th January 2011, 19:50
ftr, when I checked on Friday, Apmex was out of stock on more silver products than I've ever seen

I think you had better go back and actually check their inventory. They have far more items in stock than out and many of the out of stock items are odd weight items and old items like 1 and 10 ounce bars and rounds for Engelhard and Johnson Matthey.

Now if you had looked at APMEX inventory a couple months ago, you would be right, but that was then and this is now.

The same goes for Tulving, they were almost out of everything except Maples and ASE's. Now they have everything from 40% to 100 ounce bars. This is the largest selection at Tulving in many months. They even have opened boxes of both 2010 and 2011 ASE's.

There is nowhere near a retail shortage, if anything, people are selling their Silver.

What is Truth?
10th January 2011, 20:21
Sure, higher prices brings more silver on to the market. A lot of it came out of hoards when silver hit $20 again. $50 will bring even more yet. But buyers will be getting a lot less for their money. And those buyers will hold out for even higher prices before they sell.

gottago
10th January 2011, 20:32
I didn't post the article to proclaim that the world was coming unglued and that silver would skyrocket to $500. p/oz...

My take on the article seems to show that more and more people seem to be taking delivery [and large quanties at that], which is what I thought most people on here was hoping for.

Isn't the fact that more and more people taking delivery a sign that the manipulation from JPMorgan is about to come to an end???

What is Truth?
10th January 2011, 20:37
I didn't post the article to proclaim that the world was coming unglued and that silver would skyrocket to $500. p/oz...

My take on the article seems to show that more and more people seem to be taking delivery [and large quanties at that], which is what I thought most people on here was hoping for.

Isn't the fact that more and more people taking delivery a sign that the manipulation from JPMorgan is about to come to an end???

Perhaps, but to me it seems that some big money isn't so sure the Comex can continue to deliever and that they feel that silver isn't likely to drop a lot anytime soon. You don't take that much silver off the shelves if you are expecting a big drop soon.

gottago
10th January 2011, 20:49
Perhaps, but to me it seems that some big money isn't so sure the Comex can continue to deliever and that they feel that silver isn't likely to drop a lot anytime soon. You don't take that much silver off the shelves if you are expecting a big drop soon.

that's kind how I see it...

Anyone who is able to take that kind of quantiy must know something...

AgShaman
10th January 2011, 22:42
Hahahaha....this is a funny thread.

I agree O-wrx...these FNG's have been getting annoying....showing up with their assumptions.

I've not seen any signs of shortage. There's 50k pages of silver to be found on ebay...perhaps not at the price those of us here would like to pay, but still there's silver at the dealers as well.

People misunderstand the workings of these tidbits.
Nothing has changed....there is still a faction that wants to see the Comex "Bust" and fail to settle contracts for physical delivery. It is what it is. It will continue. Maybe the "new" people are hoping you will not make this observation. It matters not....the new target is the March contracts month,,,,we won't have long to see it unfold...then have the facts for ourselves.

Get the popcorn ready....the show will be in view shortly.

Crash Silver...Crash Damn You! (wait until tomorrow though)

valerb
11th January 2011, 00:40
that's kind how I see it...

Anyone who is able to take that kind of quantiy must know something...

I guess people would have to been knowing something for many years now, as removing 1 - 2 million ounces and adding the same amounts is not unusual.

If you want unusual, have Harvey or any other analyst explain how 20 - 30 million ounces are delivered in a single month and there is very little movement in the COMEX warehouses totals. When the time comes that we see a 20 million+ ounces decrease at the COMEX warehouses, then we will finally have great hope that the end is near. As long as they are able to maintain their inventory in a set range as they have been, it's just another guess if the end is next month or in ten years.

Jack
11th January 2011, 03:20
Lots of disinfo on this thread. Too many shills. What does it mean?

valerb
11th January 2011, 14:21
Lots of disinfo on this thread. Too many shills. What does it mean?

It means that when someone posts information different than what you want to believe or do believe, it is called disinformation and you label them shills

Since your question is so vague, it's hard to tell where you stand. Are you someone that actually looks at the data or just another follower of the great Silver Analyst and believe whatever they preach?

jimha
11th January 2011, 16:46
I have started my own silver inventory analysis by counting the number of full silver eagle rolls available on ebay. There were 400 as of a few days ago. We shall see how this number develops.

What is Truth?
11th January 2011, 17:18
I have started my own silver inventory analysis by counting the number of full silver eagle rolls available on ebay. There were 400 as of a few days ago. We shall see how this number develops.

That may be interesting to see but it isn't scientific. Higher silver prices will tend to encourage more sellers and fewer buyers. Lower prices just the opposite.

jimha
11th January 2011, 18:52
That may be interesting to see but it isn't scientific. Higher silver prices will tend to encourage more sellers and fewer buyers. Lower prices just the opposite.

Most of listings on there are multiple rolls by large dealers so this inventory should be quite relevant.

ccjoe
11th January 2011, 18:55
Just the opposite as higher prices encourage people to jump on the train before it's too late.

valerb
11th January 2011, 23:06
Just the opposite as higher prices encourage people to jump on the train before it's too late.

I agree with What is Truth, as history has been showing us over the past two years. In 2008 when the price dropped, Silver couldn't be had without a huge premium, with few exceptions and when you could find it. Now with the price over three times higher than the lows of 2008, we can buy all the Silver we want and people "are" selling their Silver. Just look at the available Silver at Tulving. Not only does he have 2010 open boxes of ASE's, but open boxes of 2011 ASE's as well. Plus an ounce of Silver costs three times as much today as it did in 2008. Just who in their right mind would buy brand new 2011 ASE's and turn around and sell them for a loss. People who jumped on the Silver train and jumped right back off as the price turned a little south.

Everyone expects to see the general population jump on the Silver band wagon as the price climbs higher. Just how high does Silver have to climb before that stampede begins?

beach miner
12th January 2011, 00:54
I believe that Stampede you mentioned Val is just starting to move. First of all are the new folks just getting use to owning a few ounces of Silver, we have seen them steadely coming onto this Forum from all over the world, in numbers that I don't remember seeing before. I think within the next few months---SPRING---that we are gonna see an EXPONENTIAL number of new people start to buy physical Silver. Look at our own history--those who have owned Silver for years, if not decades: You can't own this stuff and not tell others, or show your best friends and family what a 10, or 100 oz bar looks like, or drop an uncirculated ASE on them. Only now instead of a few 100,000 of us SilverBugs, the new Spring Hatch is gonna produce Millions of new physical buyers---just at a time when the Stars are lining up in the Paper Market, Production Sector, and Industrial User's; Add to this the ever increasing MEDIA attention our Precious is recieving and I think a Real Shortage in Silver could become a reality--with all the Good that comes with having the largest Stack you can put together. Sorry if this is starting to sound like a Bed Time Story, but it is very possible "we could live happilly everafter," Thanks Val for keeping us rooted in reality with your expertise in the Comex holdings. See You At The Top.

valerb
12th January 2011, 03:07
I believe that Stampede you mentioned Val is just starting to move. First of all are the new folks just getting use to owning a few ounces of Silver, we have seen them steadely coming onto this Forum from all over the world, in numbers that I don't remember seeing before. I think within the next few months---SPRING---that we are gonna see an EXPONENTIAL number of new people start to buy physical Silver. Look at our own history--those who have owned Silver for years, if not decades: You can't own this stuff and not tell others, or show your best friends and family what a 10, or 100 oz bar looks like, or drop an uncirculated ASE on them. Only now instead of a few 100,000 of us SilverBugs, the new Spring Hatch is gonna produce Millions of new physical buyers---just at a time when the Stars are lining up in the Paper Market, Production Sector, and Industrial User's; Add to this the ever increasing MEDIA attention our Precious is recieving and I think a Real Shortage in Silver could become a reality--with all the Good that comes with having the largest Stack you can put together. Sorry if this is starting to sound like a Bed Time Story, but it is very possible "we could live happilly everafter," Thanks Val for keeping us rooted in reality with your expertise in the Comex holdings. See You At The Top.

I assume that COMEX holdings thing was a joke. I have never owned, leased or had a single option on COMEX. I only track the daily activity at COMEX, SLV and the stock markets around the world, along with the activity of the most common world currencies. I also keep a close eye on the availability of Silver at APMEX and Tulving as an indicator of the Retail market in general.

I am one of those holding Silver for a very long time and I've had just about as much success as most others have had in selling the concept of buying and holding Silver as an investment. Just about Zip, as most others have reported over the years. I did finally convince one of my sisters to buy some Silver last year. She bought two rolls of 90% and that's it. One of my brothers was on the fence, but thought Silver was just too expensive. He wished he had listened to me at $4 Silver, but it was just too risky at $7.

As far as the number of active member on this forum, that is, the ones that actually participate, it is way down from what it was back in 2007 and 2008. If it wasn't for The Roger, Dunney, PacMan or whoever he/she is, we would have 1/3rd to 1/2 half fewer threads to view and that's a sad testament to this forum. You've been a member long enough to remember the great debates on this forum, that have been replaced by a hoard of one liners and far too many of those contain the name ROGER.

SilverSeek is a very good source of information, thanks to Chris. However, SilverSeeks forum has become more of a joke than a good source of information. That's why there are so few of our past members that still visit this forum.

You can believe that the Silver train will leave the station with all aboard this spring and maybe it will, but it's a tired old prediction that has been repeated over and over again, year after year. When it happens, I'll believe it. Until then, I'll just keep hoping that Silver increases more than it decreases as it has for so many years. While I keep reading these daily predictions of the trains imminent departure, I can't help but recall the tens of thousands that have preceded them. Sooner or later, it hopefully will come true and everyone will proclaim they were right and no one will stand up and say they were wrong in their first 99 predictions. As always, I hope everyones predictions come true, especially the outrageous ones.

main1event
12th January 2011, 03:29
Valerb, hasnt the Silver train left the station? I mean you and I and a few others invested in Silver nearly 10 years ago or longer. I have a bunch of Silver from $3.00, and most of my silver was bought around $7.00 when I figured that our government had no choice but to print print print. Actually we know what the right choice would have been but not the way this government currently acts. From $7.00 to $30.00 is a pretty substantial Gain. Many people would be happy making 4 times their money in 10 years. However, if you mean silver leaving the station and heading to $100.00 or higher, I believe that is in the works. The price collapse that we had from $20.00 to $8.00 served to shock many investors. We've seen this pattern many times in our lifetime. Oil prices collapsed from $25.00 to $10.00 before heading to $150.00 The Dow collapsed in 1987 from 1000 and then went on to 14000. We see these types of shakeouts before large explosions in price. I believe we'll be seeing $100.00 Silver in the next couple of years if not sooner. The question is, does that mean the dollar collapses?

I have another question, when have so many commodities exploded in price together. Look at Cotton, Cocoa and many commodities. This sort of thing only happens once in 3 generations.

valerb
12th January 2011, 06:10
Valerb, hasnt the Silver train left the station? I mean you and I and a few others invested in Silver nearly 10 years ago or longer. I have a bunch of Silver from $3.00, and most of my silver was bought around $7.00 when I figured that our government had no choice but to print print print. Actually we know what the right choice would have been but not the way this government currently acts. From $7.00 to $30.00 is a pretty substantial Gain. Many people would be happy making 4 times their money in 10 years. However, if you mean silver leaving the station and heading to $100.00 or higher, I believe that is in the works. The price collapse that we had from $20.00 to $8.00 served to shock many investors. We've seen this pattern many times in our lifetime. Oil prices collapsed from $25.00 to $10.00 before heading to $150.00 The Dow collapsed in 1987 from 1000 and then went on to 14000. We see these types of shakeouts before large explosions in price. I believe we'll be seeing $100.00 Silver in the next couple of years if not sooner. The question is, does that mean the dollar collapses?

I have another question, when have so many commodities exploded in price together. Look at Cotton, Cocoa and many commodities. This sort of thing only happens once in 3 generations.

For Christ sakes, talk about reading my mind. I was going to include you and your site as a primary reason for the loss of so many of our members. But I said to myself, that prick has already siphoned off enough members, I'm not going to lead anymore his way. Now here you are and I didn't even mention NorthWest Territorial Mint once!!!!

No, I'm still not an agent for NWTM and yes I accepted your invitation to join your forum as you well know. I just never posted anything, as I figure your invitation was just so you could get your kicks out of banning me.:p:p:p

Actually, the few times I did visit your forum, it was more like the SilverSeek of years gone by. I spent far too much time on this forum back then, so you broke me of that habit and being an active member on your site would put me right back in that same mode again.

As much as I hate to admit it, my arch rival Main1event, did teach me a few things about the inner workings of COMEX. Too bad CCJOE wasn't around back then, as he swears I'm never wrong. Well I was sure a full card carrying member of the believe it or not club for Silver Analyst when I joined this forum and there were enough members that were non believers in that cult to set me straight. They were right, there was no proof that the rocket ship was ready to launch back then, just as there is no proof it's ready to launch today. The higher the price rises, the more favorable it looks, but, for the price of Silver to double or triple in five years is not exactly a get rich quick scheme. It's nice, but far from fantastic. Remember what idiots we were to pour tens of thousands of dollars into a dead end product like Silver when it hadn't moved in 20 years. That was about as dumb as CCJOE buying ten tons of Copper, well, almost as dumb. If copper is selling for $30 a pound in ten years, then it will be as dumb and not dumber. Sorry CC, but I couldn't resist that one. Even though Silver hasn't been a block buster over the past decade, it's almost incomprehensible to think about buying 10,000 ounces of Silver for only $40,000 - $45,000, when it would be over $300,000 today.

If all the rats would have left the sinking ship, it would have sunk and almost did!!

As far as that generation thing and commodities. I was playing with crayons and tinker toys in kindergarten 60 years ago. I knew cocoa was something you drank and my polo shirts were made out of cotton. The other things were not of my world back then.

I sure hope your right about $100 Silver, but only if it's in today's dollar. My target is $50 so I can sell 2,000 ounces for some mad money to piss away while I still can. The bulk of my Silver will have to be re-invested in something else and I haven't a clue what that might be. Today, it would be re-estate, but a year or two from now, who knows and it actually has to take off before I'll ever be faced with those options.

ccjoe
12th January 2011, 06:34
For Christ sakes, talk about reading my mind. I was going to include you and your site as a primary reason for the loss of so many of our members. But I said to myself, that prick has already siphoned off enough members, I'm not going to lead anymore his way. Now here you are and I didn't even mention NorthWest Territorial Mint once!!!!

No, I'm still not an agent for NWTM and yes I accepted your invitation to join your forum as you well know. I just never posted anything, as I figure your invitation was just so you could get your kicks out of banning me.:p:p:p

Actually, the few times I did visit your forum, it was more like the SilverSeek of years gone by. I spent far too much time on this forum back then, so you broke me of that habit and being an active member on your site would put me right back in that same mode again.

As much as I hate to admit it, my arch rival Main1event, did teach me a few things about the inner workings of COMEX. Too bad CCJOE wasn't around back then, as he swears I'm never wrong. Well I was sure a full card carrying member of the believe it or not club for Silver Analyst when I joined this forum and there were enough members that were non believers in that cult to set me straight. They were right, there was no proof that the rocket ship was ready to launch back then, just as there is no proof it's ready to launch today. The higher the price rises, the more favorable it looks, but, for the price of Silver to double or triple in five years is not exactly a get rich quick scheme. It's nice, but far from fantastic. Remember what idiots we were to pour tens of thousands of dollars into a dead end product like Silver when it hadn't moved in 20 years. That was about as dumb as CCJOE buying ten tons of Copper, well, almost as dumb. If copper is selling for $30 a pound in ten years, then it will be as dumb and not dumber. Sorry CC, but I couldn't resist that one. Even though Silver hasn't been a block buster over the past decade, it's almost incomprehensible to think about buying 10,000 ounces of Silver for only $40,000 - $45,000, when it would be over $300,000 today.

If all the rats would have left the sinking ship, it would have sunk and almost did!!

As far as that generation thing and commodities. I was playing with crayons and tinker toys in kindergarten 60 years ago. I knew cocoa was something you drank and my polo shirts were made out of cotton. The other things were not of my world back then.

I sure hope your right about $100 Silver, but only if it's in today's dollar. My target is $50 so I can sell 2,000 ounces for some mad money to piss away while I still can. The bulk of my Silver will have to be re-invested in something else and I haven't a clue what that might be. Today, it would be re-estate, but a year or two from now, who knows and it actually has to take off before I'll ever be faced with those options.
http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2011-01-12/copper-rises-for-a-second-day-on-efforts-to-contain-european-debt-crisis.html
I couldn't resist either:) Every day records in cu and it all STARTED AFTER I bought.
I know you're not big on God, but how I knew about silver 2 1/2 years ago when few others did, and copper Now when NO ONE knew, has to be attributed to God. I'm not that smart U. Dayton educated or not
I bought 3750 Kilos> 8250 lbs NOT 10 tons
I just think that I hit the best product, real estate, at the best place, Orlando, at the very worst time in history.
Now I've hit the best products silver/copper at the VERY BEST HISTORICAL time in history.
I will NEVER be the same as real estate is my lifetime emotional luggage. Point is that people have that same thing with silver after 1980 and 2008!
I UNDERSTAND but you have to give Main credit for this, fundamentals are fundamentals, luggage or not and silver will be 100 this year and 300 in 2012 and Main has stayed the course.
We have made these gains BEFORE the inflation which no one talks about.
5 fold increase with NO INFLATION!
Just watch 50 is the next stop! I think 2/2 but maybe 7/4 but it is coming soon.

ccjoe
12th January 2011, 06:37
Addendum to val==You were and are WRONG about cu! No one is perfect:)

silverheartbone
12th January 2011, 07:47
You can believe that the Silver train will leave the station with all aboard this spring and maybe it will, but it's a tired old prediction that has been repeated over and over again, year after year. When it happens, I'll believe it. Until then, I'll just keep hoping that Silver increases more than it decreases as it has for so many years. While I keep reading these daily predictions of the trains imminent departure, I can't help but recall the tens of thousands that have preceded them. Sooner or later, it hopefully will come true and everyone will proclaim they were right and no one will stand up and say they were wrong in their first 99 predictions. As always, I hope everyones predictions come true, especially the outrageous ones.

Dude, what station are you waiting at?

ccjoe
12th January 2011, 09:37
Val and his wife are loaded so they can wait till TRAIN # 50 which isn't long of a wait.
After 50 though, people who DON'T take profits are sacrificing their lives for a metal that doesn't much care about the owner.

maplesilverbug
12th January 2011, 09:59
We've seen this pattern many times in our lifetime. Oil prices collapsed from $25.00 to $10.00 before heading to $150.00 The Dow collapsed in 1987 from 1000 and then went on to 14000. We see these types of shakeouts before large explosions in price.

You have to factor that 1987 onward DOW was fueled by and large by gov't/bank fraud and manipulation; $150 oil was a result of pure speculation -- neither stood as solid price points.

My decade-out forecast is for $40 silver, but as a product of (historical) inflation ONLY.
All the freaky/real econ stuff that's going on right now may drive that higher sooner than later, but who knows.

main1event
12th January 2011, 10:22
Valerb, I apologize for my antagonistic approach to you years ago. I just had such strong feelings towards silver and was tired of hearing people like this Duneyman, Roger person beat everyone up. I thought you were that type of person, but now I know that not to be true. I was wrong, and I apologize for it.

BTW, You've taught me a great many things as well.

ccjoe
12th January 2011, 10:23
You and Val can relax Maple, seeing you two are so loaded, but shleppers like me HAVE to have the inexorable 100 silver so I can afford to golf in my own community:)

main1event
12th January 2011, 10:34
The other site you are referring to is not for everyone. I dont have a magical wand that keeps people there. I believe birds of a feather flock together. While thats nice and all, sometimes like mindedness can turn into a good ole boys club. I think its important to keep an open mind, to the potential that we're wrong. Everytime I ask myself could I be wrong, I revert back to rule #1, the government is corrupt, they are printing paper and buying their own bonds. Until that stops, I dont see how this is going to end anytime soon.

gottago
12th January 2011, 12:41
I guess people would have to been knowing something for many years now, as removing 1 - 2 million ounces and adding the same amounts is not unusual.

If you want unusual, have Harvey or any other analyst explain how 20 - 30 million ounces are delivered in a single month and there is very little movement in the COMEX warehouses totals. When the time comes that we see a 20 million+ ounces decrease at the COMEX warehouses, then we will finally have great hope that the end is near. As long as they are able to maintain their inventory in a set range as they have been, it's just another guess if the end is next month or in ten years.

I posted the article because I thought people on here would be interested in reading it..

Nowhere have I ever proclaimed to be an expert on the subject of silver [as evidenced by my post count].

I come on here seeking the wisdom from others and freely admit it but if your going to belittle people because they post an article of interest, I'll gladly refrain from doing so in the future...

valerb
12th January 2011, 13:16
Addendum to val==You were and are WRONG about cu! No one is perfect:)

We have a long way to go on that one and I know it was not ten tons, but it sounded so much better!!!

valerb
12th January 2011, 13:24
http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2011-01-12/copper-rises-for-a-second-day-on-efforts-to-contain-european-debt-crisis.html
I couldn't resist either:) Every day records in cu and it all STARTED AFTER I bought.
I know you're not big on God, but how I knew about silver 2 1/2 years ago when few others did, and copper Now when NO ONE knew, has to be attributed to God. I'm not that smart U. Dayton educated or not
I bought 3750 Kilos> 8250 lbs NOT 10 tons
I just think that I hit the best product, real estate, at the best place, Orlando, at the very worst time in history.
Now I've hit the best products silver/copper at the VERY BEST HISTORICAL time in history.
I will NEVER be the same as real estate is my lifetime emotional luggage. Point is that people have that same thing with silver after 1980 and 2008!
I UNDERSTAND but you have to give Main credit for this, fundamentals are fundamentals, luggage or not and silver will be 100 this year and 300 in 2012 and Main has stayed the course.
We have made these gains BEFORE the inflation which no one talks about.
5 fold increase with NO INFLATION!
Just watch 50 is the next stop! I think 2/2 but maybe 7/4 but it is coming soon.

I sure hope that $50 arrives by April, so I can still buy cheap tickets to Europe for late May. Then I can go back to our spring and fall trips each year. There are only so many trips left in this old carcass.

valerb
12th January 2011, 13:30

I'm not waiting at the station, I've been camped out on this god damn train for over 13 years. If it ever leaves the station, believe me, I'll be the first one to known about it. Every once in awhile it makes a head fake by changing platforms, but we are still stuck at the train station!!!!

valerb
12th January 2011, 14:32
You and Val can relax Maple, seeing you two are so loaded, but shleppers like me HAVE to have the inexorable 100 silver so I can afford to golf in my own community:)

I can't speak for Maple, but $50 Silver represents just over a 1,000 percent gain and if that isn't enough incentive to take some profits off the table, what is? I would venture to say that most active members on this forum today, will have to wait until Silver is well over $100 and in some cases over $300 an ounce before they can realize a 1,000% gain in Silver. Yes, I will still own some Silver, if it reaches $300 in my life time, but nowhere near as much. You have to read the tea leaves and take profits on the way up, before you end up with a bag full of Silver that is no longer worth what it "once" was. No matter what price you paid for your Silver, you haven't made a dime unless you sell some of it

valerb
12th January 2011, 15:08
I posted the article because I thought people on here would be interested in reading it..

Nowhere have I ever proclaimed to be an expert on the subject of silver [as evidenced by my post count].

I come on here seeking the wisdom from others and freely admit it but if your going to belittle people because they post an article of interest, I'll gladly refrain from doing so in the future...

What a crock your feeding yourself. You come here seeking the wisdom of others, but your feelings are hurt because you don't like the feed back. That's not seeking information, that's seeking confirmation that you are right or at least Harvey is right. If you wish to believe what these Silver Analyst keep serving up on a platter full of BS, that's your choice. But when you post one of their articles and it gets ripped to shred's, they are attacking the article, not you. So post as often as you like, but this is not a site where everyone is a super perma bull and believes all the crap dished out on a daily basis. If you just set on your ass and let everyone else do the work for you, how are you ever going to learn anything. There is a ton of information posted on a daily basis, that does not support all the wishful thinking posted by these analyst. If you really want to learn, do your own research and stop relying on others to do it for you. Then you can form a better opinion of what is believable and what is pure BS.

ccjoe
12th January 2011, 16:54
What a crock your feeding yourself. You come here seeking the wisdom of others, but your feelings are hurt because you don't like the feed back. That's not seeking information, that's seeking confirmation that you are right or at least Harvey is right. If you wish to believe what these Silver Analyst keep serving up on a platter full of BS, that's your choice. But when you post one of their articles and it gets ripped to shred's, they are attacking the article, not you. So post as often as you like, but this is not a site where everyone is a super perma bull and believes all the crap dished out on a daily basis. If you just set on your ass and let everyone else do the work for you, how are you ever going to learn anything. There is a ton of information posted on a daily basis, that does not support all the wishful thinking posted by these analyst. If you really want to learn, do your own research and stop relying on others to do it for you. Then you can form a better opinion of what is believable and what is pure BS.

You need another vaca Val? Remember you said to take it easy on Zeus with his end of the world countdown last summer? He too, went to the low life site where they kiss each other's asses to agree.
Of course this poster gotta, gets all the profuse "thanks" on that same site that helps to generate that 6 bucks a day revenue, hence the begging for donations.
If Bob was a Christian and a freedom lover, he would make a fortune. Alas, he makes that claim which exacerbates his hypocrisy.

valerb
12th January 2011, 17:33
You need another vaca Val? Remember you said to take it easy on Zeus with his end of the world countdown last summer? He too, went to the low life site where they kiss each other's asses to agree.
Of course this poster gotta, gets all the profuse "thanks" on that same site that helps to generate that 6 bucks a day revenue, hence the begging for donations.
If Bob was a Christian and a freedom lover, he would make a fortune. Alas, he makes that claim which exacerbates his hypocrisy.

Maybe I do need another vacation, I haven't the foggiest idea as to what you are talking about or who. I'm familiar with the name Zeus, but not the thread. I'm assuming your talking about Main's forum, but I guess I haven't been there enough to know what all the ass kissing is about. I really have no idea about donations and I must assume that Bob is Main1event as I know him. You really have me by the gonads on this one. Oh yes, please make $50 happen by April so I can take that vacation to Europe in May and September, thank you!!!

beach miner
12th January 2011, 18:40
Well Tulving is down to 10 Silver listings---I don't count the junk bags listed---from 15 listings starting the first of the year. Scotia Bullion Bank ran out of 1 oz bars and 10 oz bars on Dec. 31, and hasn't gotten any in yet. AMPEX takes too long to assess, so I don't have any info on them, they did get resupplied early in Jan. Not hardly the Train Leaving the Station, not even seeing the train as a dot on the horizen, but I do find it encouraging. Kind of like a recovering addict--one day at a time. I always heard Paris was suppose to be good in springtime. We are getting older, and our Springs are numbered, take the trip even if Silver is at $30.00. See You At The Top, or Italy.

ccjoe
12th January 2011, 19:17
Well Tulving is down to 10 Silver listings---I don't count the junk bags listed---from 15 listings starting the first of the year. Scotia Bullion Bank ran out of 1 oz bars and 10 oz bars on Dec. 31, and hasn't gotten any in yet. AMPEX takes too long to assess, so I don't have any info on them, they did get resupplied early in Jan. Not hardly the Train Leaving the Station, not even seeing the train as a dot on the horizen, but I do find it encouraging. Kind of like a recovering addict--one day at a time. I always heard Paris was suppose to be good in springtime. We are getting older, and our Springs are numbered, take the trip even if Silver is at $30.00. See You At The Top, or Italy.
It is frustrating BM.
One of these days Alice! as jackie gleason used to say on the honeymooners.

ccjoe
12th January 2011, 19:18
Maybe I do need another vacation, I haven't the foggiest idea as to what you are talking about or who. I'm familiar with the name Zeus, but not the thread. I'm assuming your talking about Main's forum, but I guess I haven't been there enough to know what all the ass kissing is about. I really have no idea about donations and I must assume that Bob is Main1event as I know him. You really have me by the gonads on this one. Oh yes, please make $50 happen by April so I can take that vacation to Europe in May and September, thank you!!!

No more talk about main. I've said it too often as it is. You just have to read all the threads I guess.

valerb
13th January 2011, 01:43
No more talk about main. I've said it too often as it is. You just have to read all the threads I guess.

That's why I never became an active participant at his site, far too much time spent reading material on this forum in the past. Main actually did me a favor by starting his own forum. I opted not to join in their discussions and stay here, so my time spent on Silver forums was drastically reduced on a daily basis. Yes I miss the lively debates that use to take place on this forum, but not the lost time spent participating in those debates. So while I gained time from Mains departure, our forum suffered a mass exodus of decades worth of experience with so many long time members. It's one thing to have a daily bombardment from our Silver Analyst, but it's a tragic loss of real world knowledge to debate those claims. As I stated in so many words yesterday, Main was a pain in the ass to me, but my number one source of "correct" information regarding the real world workings at COMEX. I'd post something I leaned from Ted Butler or one of the other analyst and Main would say that's close, but it really works like this. Bullshit, that's not what Ted Butler says. I'd jump over to COMEX and dig through a mountain of documentations and find out he was right. Then he'd do it again and off to COMEX I'd go, only to come back with my tail tucked between my legs. He's do it to someone else and I'd do the fact finding, only to find out he was always right. When your right your right and when your wrong your wrong, so I have to give credit where credit is due and Main1event was never wrong when it came to the workings of the COMEX inventories. Now wait, there's more. He also had all these theories and he was wrong 100% of the time, why, because they were only theories, so I proclaim them to be wrong, invalid and bogus. Sorry Main, but I'm not going to let you have your cake and eat it too.

beach miner
13th January 2011, 03:45
Yeah, I remember Kelly writin volumes in debates. And then it was like a new group came in with Suz-e-Q and mickSilver who really got things fired up. I think it was when Chris banned Sun set Cliff for some reason that the real fracture took place. Also Jake kind of brought things down, and then the biggest blow to this site that drove just about everbody out of here is that Turd in Punch Bowl that is still around. I learned alot, and am still learning more, but my bottom line is, that when the Supply of Silver runs short, then the Train Will Leave The Station, no amount of analysis is gonna make that happen, it is just a matter of time, in the meantime I don't want to die waiting for it to happen. I made some decent gains on the $5.00- Silver that was bought around the Y2k period and I plan to sell a few hundred ounces this Spring and Summer to do some of the things that I want and need to do. There will still be lots of the Stack to Board the Train when it comes. It is just time for me to Weigh the Grains in my life's Hour Glass with the Ounces in my Stack. I reached my Stackin Goal in September, and I will continue to add to it when nothing else is going on, But Livin a Happy Life is just as important as Stackin. Thanks for keepin us informed about the Comex inventory Val, keeps us from havin to go to the other site, and wade through all the Bliss that goes on there. Life is also too short to be spent on web sites. Glad that you are still here CC, ya really add a lot this site. See You At The Top.

ccjoe
13th January 2011, 05:38
That's why I never became an active participant at his site, far too much time spent reading material on this forum in the past. Main actually did me a favor by starting his own forum. I opted not to join in their discussions and stay here, so my time spent on Silver forums was drastically reduced on a daily basis. Yes I miss the lively debates that use to take place on this forum, but not the lost time spent participating in those debates. So while I gained time from Mains departure, our forum suffered a mass exodus of decades worth of experience with so many long time members. It's one thing to have a daily bombardment from our Silver Analyst, but it's a tragic loss of real world knowledge to debate those claims. As I stated in so many words yesterday, Main was a pain in the ass to me, but my number one source of "correct" information regarding the real world workings at COMEX. I'd post something I leaned from Ted Butler or one of the other analyst and Main would say that's close, but it really works like this. Bullshit, that's not what Ted Butler says. I'd jump over to COMEX and dig through a mountain of documentations and find out he was right. Then he'd do it again and off to COMEX I'd go, only to come back with my tail tucked between my legs. He's do it to someone else and I'd do the fact finding, only to find out he was always right. When your right your right and when your wrong your wrong, so I have to give credit where credit is due and Main1event was never wrong when it came to the workings of the COMEX inventories. Now wait, there's more. He also had all these theories and he was wrong 100% of the time, why, because they were only theories, so I proclaim them to be wrong, invalid and bogus. Sorry Main, but I'm not going to let you have your cake and eat it too.
All well and good but succinctly put, he's a terrible, hypocritical, human being who cares about NO ONE but himself.
From his narcissistic avatars of HIMSELF with guns, different haircuts, to his thread begging for money, to his mother, his this and his that> classical self obsession.
God judges, I don't, but I have the free will HERE, not on his site, to voice the truth.

ccjoe
13th January 2011, 05:44
Yeah, I remember Kelly writin volumes in debates. And then it was like a new group came in with Suz-e-Q and mickSilver who really got things fired up. I think it was when Chris banned Sun set Cliff for some reason that the real fracture took place. Also Jake kind of brought things down, and then the biggest blow to this site that drove just about everbody out of here is that Turd in Punch Bowl that is still around. I learned alot, and am still learning more, but my bottom line is, that when the Supply of Silver runs short, then the Train Will Leave The Station, no amount of analysis is gonna make that happen, it is just a matter of time, in the meantime I don't want to die waiting for it to happen. I made some decent gains on the $5.00- Silver that was bought around the Y2k period and I plan to sell a few hundred ounces this Spring and Summer to do some of the things that I want and need to do. There will still be lots of the Stack to Board the Train when it comes. It is just time for me to Weigh the Grains in my life's Hour Glass with the Ounces in my Stack. I reached my Stackin Goal in September, and I will continue to add to it when nothing else is going on, But Livin a Happy Life is just as important as Stackin. Thanks for keepin us informed about the Comex inventory Val, keeps us from havin to go to the other site, and wade through all the Bliss that goes on there. Life is also too short to be spent on web sites. Glad that you are still here CC, ya really add a lot this site. See You At The Top.

Thanks Beach for going through that site history and VAL also.
You are so right that NO AMOUNT of debate will change the truth of supply and demand.
I feel AWFUL that I have LESS silver than a year ago but with my injuries and fam I had to take profits and live and I did, so don't feel bad BM by taking profits NOW as you have done much better than me.
Alaska is so vast, I would DEFINITELY take some hard earned money from your faith in silver, and explore. Of course visit me when I GO to Orlando in the next few years.
Life is tough NOW with si being down in Asia, but silver will hit it's rightful place as the best investment of our lifetime. Copper will be no.2 and if I'm wrong, cu no.1 and ag no.2:)

beach miner
13th January 2011, 06:30
A few years ago I staked out 260 acres of a an old mining claim in the Nome area. The area was worked with an old dredge back around 1920, so they left a lot behind. I need to go up this year and do a detail assessment on it, to see if I will be able to work it myself, or if I would be better off selling it to a real mining operation. I was hoping Silver was gonna do it's Moonshot way back in 2006, so that I could sell the Stack and buy the heavy equipment necessary to move that much ground. So we know the ups and downs since then with Silver, and like you gettin older and health issues could be around the corner. So if I'm gonna make a move, this Summer is the time to do it. I hope I can make it work. Just because I got the ground doesn't make me rich. Like an Old Timer told me once. I took $14,000,000 out of that mountain, but it took me $18,000,000 to do it. So I am not going into this Starry Eyed with Gold Fever. It's hard expensive work. But like all Metals--it's going up. At least your Copper Miine is bought and paid for, a finished product, in a location of your own choosing. These are all hard hurdles to overcome, and you have. I believe that our futures will be Blessed by the decisions we have made now. See you in Orlando in the Summer of 2012, and bring one of those original CC Kilo's, I'd like to trade some of my Nome Gold for it. See You At The Top.

ccjoe
13th January 2011, 06:54
A few years ago I staked out 260 acres of a an old mining claim in the Nome area. The area was worked with an old dredge back around 1920, so they left a lot behind. I need to go up this year and do a detail assessment on it, to see if I will be able to work it myself, or if I would be better off selling it to a real mining operation. I was hoping Silver was gonna do it's Moonshot way back in 2006, so that I could sell the Stack and buy the heavy equipment necessary to move that much ground. So we know the ups and downs since then with Silver, and like you gettin older and health issues could be around the corner. So if I'm gonna make a move, this Summer is the time to do it. I hope I can make it work. Just because I got the ground doesn't make me rich. Like an Old Timer told me once. I took $14,000,000 out of that mountain, but it took me $18,000,000 to do it. So I am not going into this Starry Eyed with Gold Fever. It's hard expensive work. But like all Metals--it's going up. At least your Copper Miine is bought and paid for, a finished product, in a location of your own choosing. These are all hard hurdles to overcome, and you have. I believe that our futures will be Blessed by the decisions we have made now. See you in Orlando in the Summer of 2012, and bring one of those original CC Kilo's, I'd like to trade some of my Nome Gold for it. See You At The Top.

Beach--You truly have made my day so much brighter. Thank you so much. Great story you just told!
FYI My cu is now in Providence as I'm tracking it. My 226 Libs are in today> UPS delayed yesterday (blizzard) and the cu may be in today! Life is good and BM makes it better.
Orlando in 2012 sounds perfect and silver WILL explode before this summer for you BM as God is on your side.

valerb
13th January 2011, 16:22
All well and good but succinctly put, he's a terrible, hypocritical, human being who cares about NO ONE but himself.
From his narcissistic avatars of HIMSELF with guns, different haircuts, to his thread begging for money, to his mother, his this and his that> classical self obsession.
God judges, I don't, but I have the free will HERE, not on his site, to voice the truth.

I've heard that complaint about the lack of free speech and would rather put up with The Roger. I know a number of our members that joined Mains forum were banned. Why, I really don't know. The few times I visited his forum, the threads I read seemed normal. You know me, If I saw the things you are talking about, I'd be jumping all over him as well. I just didn't see that, so I can't complain. The Roger does instigate a lot of problems, but so much of what he posts is accurate. The timing and facts are usually slanted to make his point, but he normally does not post false information. If it wasn't for that damn pointed stick he keeps trying to poke everyone in the eye with!!! Everyone keeps saying The Roger and Dunney are one in the same. If that's true, then Dunney has changed and is more realistic today and his stick is not as sharp.

If The Roger and Dunneyman Jr are one in the same, then I'd say he has a serious bi-polar problem.

valerb
13th January 2011, 16:32
At least your Copper Miine is bought and paid for, a finished product, in a location of your own choosing. .

I just waiting to hear how much it's going to cost him in a law suite for the damages to that secure facility, when that 3' X 3' pallet loaded with ten tons of Copper sinks through the floor!!!