PDA

View Full Version : Going to Mexico

Bozo
3rd January 2011, 08:27
Going to Mexico puerto vallarta. Anyone know if there is any deals to be had on silver there?

Matthew Shelley
3rd January 2011, 10:14
Going to Mexico puerto vallarta. Anyone know if there is any deals to be had on silver there?

If you look carefully, you can find lots of silversmiths who produce some very nice jewelry at reasonable prices. But that's not something you should buy to invest in, it's something you would buy because you like it and you think it's pretty.

Matt

Bozo
3rd January 2011, 11:23
Understood Matt I'm aware of the jewllery. I'll be more specific, is anyone aware if bar or coin premiums are less there than Canada / USA?
I've tried to find pricing on libertads purchased in Mexico but can't track any down. I wonder where they are sold locally?

AgShaman
3rd January 2011, 12:05
Some say you can get some pieces at the appliance shop (Elektra)

It's founder is trying to bring silver into the general public's hands and using his business as an avenue to make it happen. Can't say though...as I've not tried it myself. I would think it would be a fun excursion...provided you don't tell the taxi driver why you want him to take you to an appliance store.

http://www.gold-eagle.com/editorials_05/oesterreich080505.html

Be sure to keep is updated if you give it a shot and find a Banco Azteca within the guts of an Elektra

Curiosity will not kill this Cat!

ccjoe
3rd January 2011, 16:30

My wife and I just booked a flight to Venus as we hear there's a lot of silver and copper there.

maplesilverbug
3rd January 2011, 16:49
My wife and I just booked a flight to Venus as we hear there's a lot of silver and copper there.

I hope you booked a night flight (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6AeC5T9Aaoc). ;)

ccjoe
3rd January 2011, 17:22
I hope you booked a night flight (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6AeC5T9Aaoc). ;)

Even rog/dun/boz gump would know enough not to fly there during daylight:)

Silvature
3rd January 2011, 17:46
Typical attention starved topic fracturing. We do not care about personal fantasy laced with insult. Childish, if not primal. Stop wasting our time and share viable information.

oldprole
3rd January 2011, 17:47
Some say you can get some pieces at the appliance shop (Elektra)

You can. Inside every Elektra store (there are hundreds) is a branch of Banco Azteca, owned by the same family (Salinas). Walk in, hand over paper, leave with Libertads. No information recorded, last I knew.

Hugo Salinas is on a crusade to provide banking services to poorer Mexicans (and to make a little profit from it) and to get Libertads into circulation. Not sure if it's the very cheapest deal you can do, but it's easy, safe and hassle-free.

wdwexe
3rd January 2011, 19:48
You can. Inside every Elektra store (there are hundreds) is a branch of Banco Azteca, owned by the same family (Salinas). Walk in, hand over paper, leave with Libertads. No information recorded, last I knew.

Hugo Salinas is on a crusade to provide banking services to poorer Mexicans (and to make a little profit from it) and to get Libertads into circulation. Not sure if it's the very cheapest deal you can do, but it's easy, safe and hassle-free.

My Mexican compadres tell me the banks have silver coins available to Mexican Nationals at all times. A Constitutional right as I understand it. Go figure !

silverheartbone
3rd January 2011, 20:11
A great Mexican tradition if you ask me.

Bozo
4th January 2011, 12:30
Thanks. I'll check it out and let you know.

ccjoe
4th January 2011, 14:52
Thanks. I'll check it out and let you know.

I just bought 226 Mexican Libs while you're making believe you're going to Mexico. Great move Einstein!
Silvature don't read this thread as you'll vent again.
Just copy my moves, as I copy SUCCESSFUL people and what they do. It works.

Aggie
4th January 2011, 16:42

I don't know but take Roger with you. Maybe he'll piss off a cartel lord.

ag

ccjoe
4th January 2011, 18:52
I don't know but take Roger with you. Maybe he'll piss off a cartel lord.

ag

Stop it Aggie!! You're killing me!!! I almost fell off the chair laughing.
We do need Rog/due/bo for comic relief in this serious fiscal fiasco we all find ourselves in.

wdwexe
5th January 2011, 18:48
bite your tongue joe.

ccjoe
5th January 2011, 19:49
tongue so bitten:)

Bozo
22nd January 2011, 22:56
I have returned from vacation. AgShamon you were right. I easily found three Electra stores. The only one I went into did have a Banco Azteca. Libertads 1 oz at 31.25 Canadian (375 pesos) at the moment I bought. I can't precisley tell u the spot price at the time (last wed afternoon).
Easy as 123.
All of the nice .925 jewellery was priced approximatley 2.5 x spot. Never bought any but had a good discussion with a jeweller who buys direct from the mines and sells shot to other jewellers.
I will be talking to my local coin guys Monday, based on Internet prices, I may be able to pay for the next vacation bringing back silver.

AgShaman
22nd January 2011, 23:38
I have returned from vacation. AgShamon you were right. I easily found three Electra stores. The only one I went into did have a Banco Azteca. Libertads 1 oz at 31.25 Canadian (375 pesos) at the moment I bought. I can't precisley tell u the spot price at the time (last wed afternoon).
Easy as 123.
All of the nice .925 jewellery was priced approximatley 2.5 x spot. Never bought any but had a good discussion with a jeweller who buys direct from the mines and sells shot to other jewellers.
I will be talking to my local coin guys Monday, based on Internet prices, I may be able to pay for the next vacation bringing back silver.

Yes...your welcome...I'm glad it worked out. Just remember...concoct your future plans, but don't share them prior to the journey. Recently...I heard of one Cat that modeled his business under those tactics...and drove them back from Mxo...he resold them to North Americanos on ebay. I think he disappeared recently in Mexico. If you start moving...do it wisely...no freelance taxi...only set up through your hotel. Congrats on putting a source contact under your belt...now do the right thing and keep it close to your chest, especially when your south of the border. Loose lips...sink ships...don't become a statistic.

Curiosity will not kill this Cat!