PDA

View Full Version : Back and ready for 2011

S1lverBullet
2nd January 2011, 10:32
Back from the holidays and ready to buy up some more silver before the price skyrockets! I read some articles earlier this week about the price of silver and how it has gone up 82% in the past year. Anyone who looks at the charts will also notice that most of this actually happened in the last four months. So lets say another 82% increase in 2011. This would put the price at around 54 dollars, which I honestly think is still not high enough. Wondering what the senior members have for price predictions in 2011?

silverheartbone
2nd January 2011, 10:49
Back from the holidays and ready to buy up some more silver before the price skyrockets! I read some articles earlier this week about the price of silver and how it has gone up 82% in the past year. Anyone who looks at the charts will also notice that most of this actually happened in the last four months. So lets say another 82% increase in 2011. This would put the price at around 54 dollars, which I honestly think is still not high enough. Wondering what the senior members have for price predictions in 2011?

It all depends on how far the almighty Untied States Federal Reserve Note falls, does it not?
If the union is maintained, then the note has to fall.
If the natural implosion occurs, then the note has to fall.
Only if there is a police state imposed can the note maintain its value.
"Your work papers please? Your travel papers please? What is the reason for your being here today? Where did you get the silver?"

SilverHawk
2nd January 2011, 15:22

I say we bust $100 this year, EASY. Maybe over 200.

If you want to know for sure, call up Helicopter Ben

SilverHawk
2nd January 2011, 17:15
Can't you spot a bubble when you see one ?

No, but I can spot a moron when I read his posts

Don't be surprised if silver actually goes DOWN by the end of this year.

I would be in complete SHOCK

SilverHawk
2nd January 2011, 17:17
What usually follows a great year ?

In a bull market, another great year.

Mighty Moose
2nd January 2011, 18:20
Can't you spot a bubble when you see one ? Don't be surprised if silver actually goes DOWN by the end of this year.

Define what you think a bubble is in the first place. Then, prove to us why you think silver fits that criteria - assuming your definition is correct in the first place.

Gene Daniels
2nd January 2011, 19:49
A matching year 75-85% gains would be an easy call, but I think we will see more than that. The simple reason is at some point big money will start flowing into silver and the price gains will accelerate. I think a price doubling in 2011 is not far fetched, that would only be $60. However, I am thinking more like a major gain in the spring targeting $40-50, then a doubling in the fall, putting us at $80-90 by year's end.

Of course I could be just blowing smoke, but for the past 5 years I have been reading everything I can get my hand on about silver, investments and bull markets. The scenario outlined above would not be at all unusual in a major bull market.

Hey Mighty Moose, I would love to get comments on my projections. You seem to have a good handle on looking ahead with silver.

orlando_wrx
2nd January 2011, 20:58
I'm going out on a limb and calling for a compounding of the last 4 month period of 2010...adding nearly 50% every 4 months. This would put us in the $45 area in April, $65-70 by late summer and a year ending near $100. This would be a +200% gain on the year.

gollumthegreat
2nd January 2011, 23:27
Define what you think a bubble is in the first place. Then, prove to us why you think silver fits that criteria - assuming your definition is correct in the first place.

Exactly, define a bubble Roger.

I know you're not in a bubble when everyone around you thinks you're mad for buying any Silver.

Only one person I know has expressed any interest (a year ago) and he has dithered about and missed the boat since then. The rest are content with their Real Estates, Bank Savings and Shares and arse-wipe paper money. They have, nearly all of them, got their heads buried in the sand! But will any of them listen?

When their investments smack them in the face, I won't get any pleasure telling them "I told you so".

I predict Silver to hit 25oz GBP by March, trade sideways again 'til October, and be around 40 GBP this time 2012. And thats without any SHTF senarios. I don't think there will be any major takedowns but I'm hoping there will be. Please Baby Jesus.

kvanar
3rd January 2011, 00:31
The bubble he refers to is the one that he himself is in, insulated from good reason, logic and humility.

Blessed New Year to all where a transference of wealth from the wicked to His righteous is in store.

SilverHawk
3rd January 2011, 00:54
Of course I could be just blowing smoke,

Well, if you do, you better invite me over!
Smoke is good !

:)

AgShaman
3rd January 2011, 01:27
I'll say Silver rides a tiny escalater to 37 for Jan thru Mar

March 24th it pops to 43 and gold breaks Jim Sinclair's 1650 target from awhile back.

April brings wreckage for 1st half and early bird worm hunters plan for a last round of price smashing in an ode to "Sell in May" and go away sappy trip down seasonal memory lane seeking profit takers. It will stink of desperation and silver will perhaps take a week or two off and revisit the mid to high 30's.

Summer brings the fire the bulls were looking for and silver and gold both will not disappoint. This is where the "longs" finally want to stand for delivery and take physical possession of their PM's....Comex will be the frog that cannot get out of the boiling pot. Western Civilizations will be heat hot as well and geopolitical strife will not lend bankers and wall streeters any respite or a vacation. Gold pushes 1900 and Silver charges and takes out 50, setting a new all time high.

Seniors will cancel AARP memberships along with trips. They will, along with the boomer crowd, move whatever capital remains accessible and join the party towards precious metals in the second half of 2011. MSM will continue to lie and mislead the public with propaganda in hopes to allow Shylocks to completely lock down and steal their retirements, 401k's and pensions.

Class warfare will enter the arena of discussion as Municipalities cut back on all services....inflation is rearing it's ugly head and many are at the fork in the road between reality and slumber. Half will 'cop' to denial and choose the wrong path. This will be a perfect time for a stock crash and a banking meltdown all rolled together. Why change now....plenty of affectionate dates to pick from in October...their meeting on Jekyll Island was not just a centennial homecoming....these Shylocks were probably picking the dates and running scenerios while sipping cognac. If your not prepped by fall of 2011....then you have perhaps waited too long. A mad dash to fiat capital could provide one last blow off top opp for you to capitalize on a pullback piggybacked on a banking/currency/stock market festivus....they will flop. Christmas brings threats of martial law....gold pushes back up to 2000 and silver pushes 100. Shylocks will look for profit takers and hope for last minute purchases with their printing presses. Gold and Silver start to hunt for barter trades....currency is falling fast.

There how's that....

http://truthingold.blogspot.com/2010/07/comex-silver-intrigue-builds.html

Crash Silver....Crash Damn You! (wait until tomorrow though)

S1lverBullet
3rd January 2011, 07:30
Thanks for all the replies. I tend to be more conservative so I picked 54 for an 80% increase again in 2011, but I realize that it could be much much much higher as most of you have said. Since it has gone up about 66% in the last four months, I think we could see 66% every four months from here on out. Silver at 100 by years end :) Oh and by the way, it just broke 31 :) :) :) its going to be an awesome year for the silver bugs

wdevogelaere
3rd January 2011, 14:48
Can't you spot a bubble when you see one ? Don't be surprised if silver actually goes DOWN by the end of this year.

I would be very shocked if silver was to go down this year. There is a lot of pressure on the silver industry at the moment, with economies coming back online and its demand increasing around the world.

Where as gold is great for dentistry! and @1400+?