PDA

View Full Version : ScotiaMocatta Sells Out Of Silver Bars

Ardent Listener
31st December 2010, 16:19
ScotiaMocatta Sells Out Of Silver Bars (http://www.zerohedge.com/article/scotiamocatta-sells-out-silver-bars)

Submitted by Tyler Durden on 12/31/2010 15:22 -0500

And an appropriate story to end 2010 with: ScotiaMocatta, one the world's biggest bullion banks, is now sold out of all silver bars.

http://www.zerohedge.com/article/sco...ut-silver-bars (http://www.zerohedge.com/article/scotiamocatta-sells-out-silver-bars)

Oldster
31st December 2010, 22:46
Thanks for that. It is a further indication that I should be holding strong.

AgShaman
31st December 2010, 23:31
Harvey Organ spoke about these cats in a KWN interview a few months back, probably more. He had his son, I think, go and check out their vaults and see what was there. It was apparently an unimpressive picture of gold and silver housed by a player with Scotia's reputation.

These shenanigans have been going on awhile now....banks charging clients storage fees for metal that is not even stored...as in it's not there. I think Morgan Stanley actually got caught some time in the recent past for these needless charges. Talk about shady characters....I'm surprised it's taken this long following Harvey's "writing on the wall" warnings of the road ahead. If people got square with Scotia....then they dodged a bullet.

2011....yeah, the whole swing has started...like I said before....the exodus to realistic homes like Sprott ETF's....they will steal market share. It portends what has already been recently bandied....in that delivery failures may not be far off. I hope it happens....I wanna see madness...and volatility in all markets.

Crash Silver....Crash Damn You! (wait until tomorrow though)

kvanar
1st January 2011, 00:19
Ag could you post the link to that interview?
Am interested to read.

Tks!

Harvey Organ spoke about these cats in a KWN interview a few months back, probably more. He had his son, I think, go and check out their vaults and see what was there. It was apparently an unimpressive picture of gold and silver housed by a player with Scotia's reputation.

These shenanigans have been going on awhile now....banks charging clients storage fees for metal that is not even stored...as in it's not there. I think Morgan Stanley actually got caught some time in the recent past for these needless charges. Talk about shady characters....I'm surprised it's taken this long following Harvey's "writing on the wall" warnings of the road ahead. If people got square with Scotia....then they dodged a bullet.

2011....yeah, the whole swing has started...like I said before....the exodus to realistic homes like Sprott ETF's....they will steal market share. It portends what has already been recently bandied....in that delivery failures may not be far off. I hope it happens....I wanna see madness...and volatility in all markets.

AgShaman
1st January 2011, 00:56
I'm sorry...I could see it in the KWN archive...but couldn't link it for you. I'm listening to it right now for a 3rd time on my itunes library (thanks for the reminder...it's a good listen)

Tue. April 6th, 2010 "Harvey and Lenny Organ and Adrian Douglas"

maybe you can access this interview...I'll bet you could even find it within this forum...a better link

http://www.kingworldnews.com/kingworldnews/Broadcast/Archive.html

22 minutes and 22 seconds of goodness.....hold tight Canada

Crash Silver...Crash Damn You! (wait until tomorrow though)

AgShaman
3rd January 2011, 00:24
Try this one....if you haven't found yet.

http://www.zerohedge.com/article/latest-gold-fraud-bombshell-canadas-only-bullion-bank-gold-vault-practically-empty

link's at the bottom

kvanar
3rd January 2011, 00:36
Brilliant. Thanks for that.
Happy New Year!

Try this one....if you haven't found yet.

http://www.zerohedge.com/article/latest-gold-fraud-bombshell-canadas-only-bullion-bank-gold-vault-practically-empty

link's at the bottom

SilverHawk
3rd January 2011, 00:46
ScotiaMocatta Sells Out Of Silver Bars (http://www.zerohedge.com/article/scotiamocatta-sells-out-silver-bars)

And an appropriate story to end 2010 with: ScotiaMocatta, one the world's biggest bullion banks, is now sold out of all silver bars.

http://www.zerohedge.com/article/sco...ut-silver-bars (http://www.zerohedge.com/article/scotiamocatta-sells-out-silver-bars)

Looks like Tulving only has 2010 ASE, and no other years. Been like that for a while. Their inventory seems to be dwindling down...

Drying up out there ! ! !

Sure wish Roger would sell his stash, and provide the country with more stock.

DaleFromCalgary
3rd January 2011, 13:59
ScotiaMocatta, one of the world's biggest bullion banks, is now sold out of all silver bars.

Bullion banks are paper banks by and large. Local demand can empty out a vault but there is still supply to be had if not in the size of your choosing. I can't get 1-ounce palladium in Calgary but that doesn't mean there's a national shortage.

After all, if you go into your bank branch and ask for $30,000 in loonies, they won't have that many in stock, but that doesn't mean loonies are scarce.

skijake
3rd January 2011, 14:14
ScotiaMocatta, one of the world's biggest bullion banks, is now sold out of all silver bars.

Bullion banks are paper banks by and large. Local demand can empty out a vault but there is still supply to be had if not in the size of your choosing. I can't get 1-ounce palladium in Calgary but that doesn't mean there's a national shortage.

After all, if you go into your bank branch and ask for $30,000 in loonies, they won't have that many in stock, but that doesn't mean loonies are scarce.

How long would you expect/accept to wait if you put an order in at your local bank for $30,000 loonies?
At what time frame would you think there is a problem?
I like your first comment. "Bullion banks are paper banks by and large"
I think many of us agree with that statement.

Matthew Shelley
3rd January 2011, 14:27

Good Heavens!! One day in a row?? The world must be coming to an end. It's a signal of the Apocalypse for sure.

Matt

Matthew Shelley
3rd January 2011, 14:31
How long would you expect/accept to wait if you put an order in at your local bank for $30,000 loonies?
At what time frame would you think there is a problem?
I like your first comment. "Bullion banks are paper banks by and large"
I think many of us agree with that statement.

Generally, one to two business days is considered reasonable in the financial world. If I really need to, I can have something delivered to Tokyo or Sydney in three days. Assuming I'm willing to pay for priority shipping.

Matt

maplesilverbug
3rd January 2011, 15:08

You could also just hit the clump of six or eight big banks and credit unions in your downtown core to amass the 30K.

Just as no one source produces every single ounce of silver, no one source holds every single ounce of silver.
If ONE source of silver temporarily runs out of stock, move on to the next.

silverheartbone
3rd January 2011, 19:59
I'm thinking that it is big news whenever something calling itself a bullion bank runs out of bars.

Even for a single day in a row.

AgShaman
3rd January 2011, 20:41
Couldn't have said it better SHB

how many banks in existence....out of those, how many are bullion banks?

When a bullion bank fails "egg on face" style in the part of business that has garnered it it's reputation...then people should wonder what is going on there?

skijake
3rd January 2011, 21:04
I'm thinking that it is big news whenever something calling itself a bullion bank runs out of bars.
Even for a single day in a row.

Couldn't have said it better SHB

how many banks in existence....out of those, how many are bullion banks?

When a bullion bank fails "egg on face" style in the part of business that has garnered it it's reputation...then people should wonder what is going on there?

Exactly.
If you went to your local gas station {a fuel bank} and they had no gas,,,
If you went to your local grocery store {a food bank} and they had no milk, cheese or produce,,,,
Its not like Scotia sells chainsaws, generators, silver and ladders and happens to have run out of Silver.
You either see the story unfolding or you don't.

Ardent Listener
3rd January 2011, 21:10
Good Heavens!! One day in a row?? The world must be coming to an end. It's a signal of the Apocalypse for sure.

Matt

No, that's not the end of the world, but you might start to see it from there.

buffalo3
3rd January 2011, 23:41
GOLDMAN SACHS HAS LOTS OF WORTHLESS MORTGAGES FOR SALE. 'BLOOMBERG TV 1/02/2011.

That was from a GS foreigner higher up, although he made it sound like it might be worth something someday.

beach miner
4th January 2011, 15:23
Hey Matt, it's January 4. The Big Bullion Bank of Scotia still does't have any 100, or 10 oz. Silver Bars. Guess that it takes them a while to get them off of ebay. See You At The Top.

Matthew Shelley
4th January 2011, 15:55
Hey Matt, it's January 4. The Big Bullion Bank of Scotia still does't have any 100, or 10 oz. Silver Bars. Guess that it takes them a while to get them off of ebay. See You At The Top.

This must mean it's part of the 'conspiracy'! The market isn't out of Silver, they knew it was going to drop a dollar and they knew people would try to cancel purchases and they wanted to avoid the legal hassles. Any more roundabout logic you'd care to add to this? I think if we work at it we could make up a really cool story and send it out to all of the free press release places on the internet.

Now, the trick is to figure out how to make money off the story.

Matthew C. Shelley
Commodity Broker

As always: Trading in futures and options is very high risk investing. You can lose all or more of the money you invest. Only risk capital should be used.

beach miner
4th January 2011, 16:19
Don't panic Matt. I didn't say nothin about Conspiracy, I just said that in essence it has taken the Great Bullion Bank of Canada longer to obtain Silver Bars, than Matt the Master of Trades and Delivery, to satisfy his clients. Just because there may be Hysteria at times on this Forum, doesn't mean that all Posts are Hysterical, or that all posters that are not Commodities Traders are Conspiritorialists. Personally I am into Real Supply and Real Demand. Right now Tulving has plenty of Silver. APMEX and Provident are experiencing small delays. When a Major Bullion Bank has no product, it is not a Red Flag, but something to make note of---Like how long will it take them to get new inventory. A couple of days,--no big deal. A couple of weeks-- a little concern. A MONTH, and something isn't right. I appreciate your input here, and have learned alot from you. Just because the herd mumbles, does't mean it is ready to stampede. See You At The Top.

beach miner
5th January 2011, 15:31
January 5. Scotia Bullion Bank. No Silver 10 oz., or 100 oz. Bars. Listed as OUT OF STOCK

silverfish
5th January 2011, 15:43
Looks like a long wait for the ASEs I ordered just before New Year....

CUSTOMER NOTICE
SILVER BULLION COINS NEW STOCK SECURED - ARRIVING by Week ending 14th January 2011 - Orders will be dispatched from 17th January 2011

DEMAND OUTSTRIPPED SUPPLY

We have experienced very heavy demand for our products which has caused a gap in purchase / delivery times. We have now secured new stocks of silver bullion coins which will arrive as notified above. Therfore we are advising clients that it will be the w/c 17th January 2011 before we can dispatch any further orders placed from today for MAPLES, EAGLES, PHILHARMONICS & LIBERTADS. However, you are able to order and secure these ready for when they arrive - see listings as usual.

We will of course inform you as usual of the dispatch day as your order leaves us.

Richard Anderson

Director and Principal Dealer

beach miner
18th January 2011, 13:27
They are still out of 1 and 100 oz. bars, and now they are out of 5 oz. bars/rounds.

skijake
18th January 2011, 13:44
They are still out of 1 and 100 oz. bars, and now they are out of 5 oz. bars/rounds.

Matt has all the Silver you could ever want.;)
http://www.anomadslot.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/04/buried-under-paper.jpg

ipt
18th January 2011, 21:34
I contacted Scotiamacotta on Dec. 29/2010, this is what they said:

Thank you for your inquiry.

New stocks of silver will be available in late January or early February 2011. We regret any inconvenience this may cause.

We trust the above information is helpful and thank you for contacting the ScotiaMocatta eStore.

Regards,

ScotiaMocatta eStore Support

DaleFromCalgary
19th January 2011, 12:21
Just out of curiosity, I checked Scotiabank's Website today (January 19, 10h15 Mountain Time) at:
https://www.scotiamocatta-estore.scotiabank.com/stores/scotiamocatta/catalog/catalog.aspx?nst=pprbihlm92sPEsG3SAczPxXStbR43vSOz QZJCMimV30%3d

They are sold out of their own bars and rounds but still have 1-ounce Maple Leafs and kilo bars. It's not a big deal, and as I've said before, a shortage at one dealer doesn't mean the short squeeze is on.