PDA

View Full Version : CNBC: Silver Shortage All Hype?

What is Truth?
30th December 2010, 16:37
http://www.cnbc.com/id/15840232/?video=1714592921&play=1

JesterJay
30th December 2010, 17:08
Amazing.
THAT conversation would never have happened even just a year ago.
Now, MOST of the panel was clued in to the silver surge.
Mr. "Just another bubble" is going to look like a fool, but it's his opinion.
I smell......
The Quickening!!!
JesterJay

http://www.cnbc.com/id/15840232/?video=1714592921&play=1

What is Truth?
30th December 2010, 17:30
Did you notice the title that CNBC used? That's why I used it. It appeared to me that wasn't how the conversation went in general.

oldprole
30th December 2010, 17:52
Did you notice the title that CNBC used? That's why I used it. It appeared to me that wasn't how the conversation went in general.

No, it is not how the conversation generally developed. Interesting how quckly the lone naysayer was corrected by the bull (I don't watch these guys enough to recognize them) who asserted that many investors are "too smart" to believe that the economy is going to recover and the dollar is going to soar. It's beginning to look like that might be true.

Also, remember that even the most bullish of these people are almost certainly not stacking physical and settling in for the looong haul. When they talk about the likelihood of a correction, they assume a world in which everyone would try to time that move and take FeRN profits. That is not what most here would do, I think.

Jack
30th December 2010, 18:00
That CNBC is even talking about a silver shortage is a sign of desperation. I think this is verification that the squeeze is "on."

What is Truth?
30th December 2010, 18:26
No, it is not how the conversation generally developed. Interesting how quckly the lone naysayer was corrected by the bull (I don't watch these guys enough to recognize them) who asserted that many investors are "too smart" to believe that the economy is going to recover and the dollar is going to soar. It's beginning to look like that might be true.

Also, remember that even the most bullish of these people are almost certainly not stacking physical and settling in for the looong haul. When they talk about the likelihood of a correction, they assume a world in which everyone would try to time that move and take FeRN profits. That is not what most here would do, I think.

A lot of those T.V. bulls are looking at silver as just another investment. Their entire world is based on paper. If it hit the fan tomorrow more people here would have more physical silver than them.

Jack
30th December 2010, 18:29
Now millions of sheeple, previously oblivious to silver, know there might be a shortage. "Honey, maybe we should get some." :lol:

What is Truth?
30th December 2010, 18:37
Now millions of sheeple, previously oblivious to silver, know there might be a shortage. "Honey, maybe we should get some." :lol:

"Yes dear, but let's ask our friendly banker first."

Jack
30th December 2010, 18:49
Don't underestimate the power of greed. It transcends Nacho Doritos and beer. I think they just made a big booboo.