PDA

View Full Version : 19yrs old, $30,000, what to do

bigdawgfoxx
24th October 2008, 13:54
I dissolved a $30,000 CD to buy some gold and silver, and am wondering what to do. I have a representative at MONEX right now who says I should buy a 1000oz bar of silver and maybe 10oz of gold. How does that sound at this time?

I am in college and might need the money for college, but I could probably just borrow from my mom. I saw silver reached like 8.77 today and my rep called me, what should I do? And is MONEX good?

ascentient
24th October 2008, 14:16
I'd go with 2x1000oz bars of silver and 10oz of gold. I prefer to have about 30% gold/ 70% silver. Silver has more upside potential than gold, gold will likely increase in value first. That's my 2 cents. :)

SkinnerVic
24th October 2008, 14:29
I'll second Ascentient, however I would suggest Tulving.com. Those boys dropped the 1000 oz premium to .69 over spot (a 10 cent drop). They're quite competitive. If you can get lower than 9.26 on spot with that premium, get it.

Tribal Warrior
24th October 2008, 14:42
I'd go with whichever one can deliver quickest. I'm not sure if you can get a Mini Contract off the Comex and take delivery at this point, but that would be the way to go. Then take it to a smelter and have it melted down to 100oz. bars.

mick silver
24th October 2008, 14:44
look at ampex

research24
24th October 2008, 15:11
Since all money markets are now guaranteed,I would put my money there. Keep in mind that precious metals are very risky. Unless you can afford a loss, you'd best stay away.

bigdawgfoxx
24th October 2008, 15:29
Monex's price is listed as $9.22 and you pay 20 cents above that on 1000 oz bars I believe.

Research, Why is it so risky? I would figure with all the money being pumped into the market within the next year prices should be much higher..I guess noone can no for certain, but isnt this what people are talking about? Thanks for the replies so far!

thetackle
24th October 2008, 15:35
I bought in July at $18 and you can see where we are now. If I had to cash out now, which I don't, I would take a gigantic ass beating. If you need your money to be liquid, I agree with research, PMs are not made to be liquid. If you can put it away as an investment and forget about it, then I think PMs are still a great bet. Is it long term or short term, that's the question.

GraysonDave
24th October 2008, 15:39
I think you are wise to consider precious metals as part of your portfolio. However, I would never advise you to put all your eggs in one basket.

You are in a far better position than 99.9% of the folks your age, so you are off to a good start.

bigdawgfoxx
24th October 2008, 15:40
I mean, I can probably spare $10,000 and just borrow the money from my mom if I need it for college...after all she hasn't had to pay for any of it thanks to my granparents..but I've just heard a lot of stuff about how much are dollar is about to inflate/collapse and that silver and gold are the only safe investments...and land. But if it goes from $9 to $18 and I can sell and double my money..thatd be nice too lol, but idk..just looking for advice I guess..

A lot of me just wants to start a Roth IRA, but with the market right now I dont want to put any money into it..not even mutual/index funds..

ascentient
24th October 2008, 15:44
I'd consider avoiding college unless the ROI on your education can be realised quickly. Most degrees are a waste of $30-75k and prepare you for nothing but entry level work for a 5-figure salary which takes years to repay the tuition.

You'd be better off learning how to invest in real estate or becoming an entrepreneur or tradesman rather than waste 4 years at college (where you don't earn much money in that time) and re-emerging with a large debt in a dying economy.

Tribal Warrior
24th October 2008, 15:44
I bought in July at $18 and you can see where we are now. If I had to cash out now, which I don't, I would take a gigantic ass beating. If you need your money to be liquid, I agree with research, PMs are not made to be liquid. If you can put it away as an investment and forget about it, then I think PMs are still a great bet. Is it long term or short term, that's the question.

If you bought a Silver eagle for 18 in july, you can sell it now for $23-$25 where's the ass beating in that?

SkinnerVic
24th October 2008, 15:49
You'll get a balance of opinion here. Research is right about it being not liquid, but you were in a CD - so something tells me you aren't using that for necessities. We all have a varying view of deflation/inflation at this point so the investment you make will be subject to some hefty volatility. I still have months of pure cash sitting around figuring pulling bullion is going to be painful in the short term.

rudy
24th October 2008, 15:51
If you might need the money for college, I think you'd be foolish to invest in anything but yourself. An education is the best investment someone your age can make.

If you don't need the money, use $5k to start a Roth. Don't invest yet if you're not comfortable, but get it started and park the cash there. I'd buy silver eagles with the remainder. I'm a fan of smaller denominations, for use if SHTF or easier to sell to a broader population than 1000 oz bars. All my opinion of course.

bigdawgfoxx
24th October 2008, 15:54
I'd consider avoiding college unless the ROI on your education can be realised quickly. Most degrees are a waste of $30-75k and prepare you for nothing but entry level work for a 5-figure salary which takes years to repay the tuition.

You'd be better off learning how to invest in real estate or becoming an entrepreneur or tradesman rather than waste 4 years at college (where you don't earn much money in that time) and re-emerging with a large debt in a dying economy.

Lol, I actually agree with you. I won't be in debt coming out of college because my grandparents have about $50-60,000 for me to go their. I would love to start my own business and could quickly aquire the skills necessary to do so I believe. I am a fast learner and have a 3.75 as a sophomore in college. I just feel like opening a business is so risky, but I would much rather make lots of money being an entrepreneur than working as an egineer..

bigdawgfoxx
24th October 2008, 15:55
If you might need the money for college, I think you'd be foolish to invest in anything but yourself. An education is the best investment someone your age can make.

If you don't need the money, use $5k to start a Roth. Don't invest yet if you're not comfortable, but get it started and park the cash there. I'd buy silver eagles with the remainder. I'm a fan of smaller denominations, for use if SHTF or easier to sell to a broader population than 1000 oz bars. All my opinion of course.

You just pay so much more for the eagles..hard to justify except the smaller denominations, but you can get it melted into smaller bars cant you? And monex says they buy the silver bars back.

Why would you recommend starting a ROTH if Im not actually going to be putting any money into the market to gain interest...

Tribal Warrior
24th October 2008, 15:57
Don't forget about large Gold & Precious Metals Mutual funds, you could dump say, 5k to open one, then Dollar cost average into it.

What's your major in college going to be? Have to look at the current economy and figure where there are going to be jobs when you get out of college.

bigdawgfoxx
24th October 2008, 16:08
Don't forget about large Gold & Precious Metals Mutual funds, you could dump say, 5k to open one, then Dollar cost average into it.

What's your major in college going to be? Have to look at the current economy and figure where there are going to be jobs when you get out of college.

So if the dollar goes down in value, the gold and silver mutual funds go up in value? IDK just doesnt seem the same as having a big block of silver lol

Mechanical Engineering right now. My friend is thinking about going into something like business engineering where you make businesses run more effecient and can move up fast...sounds fun. This is at Texas A&M University by the way.

skijake
24th October 2008, 16:15
You just pay so much more for the eagles..hard to justify except the smaller denominations, but you can get it melted into smaller bars cant you? And monex says they buy the silver bars back.

Why would you recommend starting a ROTH if Im not actually going to be putting any money into the market to gain interest...

I have read alot of good advice here and you sound like a go getter and I bet you will be fine. I see a huge RED FLAG with the Roth IRA contribution. I started saving for my retirement when I was 16. Max contributions and I'll be rich. 25 + years later the money is there but I'm screwed. Can't get at without a huge hit now. When they will let me at it I feel it's value will be really devalued. Save for your retirement yourself, don't paint yourself into a corner with THEIR helping hand. Oh, and buy some silver and or gold, not the whole wad.;)

bigdawgfoxx
24th October 2008, 17:58
I have read alot of good advice here and you sound like a go getter and I bet you will be fine. I see a huge RED FLAG with the Roth IRA contribution. I started saving for my retirement when I was 16. Max contributions and I'll be rich. 25 + years later the money is there but I'm screwed. Can't get at without a huge hit now. When they will let me at it I feel it's value will be really devalued. Save for your retirement yourself, don't paint yourself into a corner with THEIR helping hand. Oh, and buy some silver and or gold, not the whole wad.;)

Well the best thing about a ROTH is that you're not taxed when you take it out, correct? Thats the only reason I would do it.

Does anyone have any big objections to buying a 1000oz bar from Monex within the next few days?

nuslvrkwen
24th October 2008, 18:16
Sounds like you have things to fall back on! The advice you've received so far has been great. If you think running a business would be more fun than studying engineering right now; do so! The economy is awful, and your situation means you WILL NOT have to put up with small business loans and all the financial rigamarole others trying to start up a business run into. You'll be small enough not to totally kill your finances. And you set your pace.

The best part is, you have the ability to go to Texas A&M when you WANT. Not in order to get a job. College after you've tried your hand a bit gives you something to base you educational direction on. You can get a degree and never use what you've learned because you didn't need what you've learned to actually do the job you end up doing. My son's an aeronautical engineer. He builds nuclear powered submarines. And he's not in the service. He's been able to develop tracking arrays for the subs that's attached under the nose, and other safety features inside for the crew. His company sent him to school for an MBA. But he really likes the things he does, he's dedicated to design what's best for the crew. Despite what the Navy may ask for in the design. That's the most important thing. The money is going to come and go no matter how much you start out with. Not being stuck in work you don't like is freedom. Good luck!

thetackle
24th October 2008, 19:30
If you bought a Silver eagle for 18 in july, you can sell it now for $23-$25 where's the ass beating in that?

I've seen $17 at best on ebay for about 50% of the auctions. Where are you seeing $23-$25? BTW, I have Maples, not Eagles. Thx.

rudy
24th October 2008, 20:12
I recommended the Roth as a method of diversification. The gains aren't taxed when you withdraw in retirement, unless the government repeals this. Maybe the world won't end and stocks will be much higher 20-30 from now. Also, your contribution amount can be withdrawn at any time, for any reason without penalty.

I also suggested setting up the Roth but not investing because you said you were uncomfortable with the market. This would allow you to move quickly when you're ready.

Remember that you're getting advise from a silver forum and the advice from a stock investment message board will tell you how this is an opportune time to get into the market, especially at 19. I would diversify, but do your own due dilligence. Good luck.

bigdawgfoxx
24th October 2008, 20:23
so buy a 1000oz bar of silver for starters? lol

Tribal Warrior
24th October 2008, 20:27
I've seen $17 at best on ebay for about 50% of the auctions. Where are you seeing $23-$25? BTW, I have Maples, not Eagles. Thx.

I remember seeing last week some $20+ ASE on Ebay. I don't follow Ebay prices daily. I know I can still get $20+ myself.

bigdawgfoxx
25th October 2008, 12:00
My mom just told me about a thing shes been doing for years..its like a group of doctors that loan money from very rich individuals and pay a 20% return and you can take your money out whenever. You have to know the people to get into it but luckily she does. If I put in $20,000 I will get a $4,000 check each year in iterest..can't complain about that. I might do that and get a 1000oz silver bar. Or maybe put $15,000 in the doctors fund and $5,000 in a ROTH..I guess with the market being so low then I can get the benefits when it rises, if it rises.

offgrid
25th October 2008, 12:08
yes, yes!
usury is the answer.

chux03
25th October 2008, 12:18
www.goldmoney.com

You can buy right at spot with a VERY SMALL premium. Your metal is YOURS, in your name and your account. It's safe, secure and VERY LIQUID. While I probably wouldn't put all of it in there, I'd probably dump 2/3 of it in there and keep the rest handy to buy either PM's locally or I may even think about looking at investing in one of the many MAJOR mining companies by buying some stock in one or two of them. They for the most part are at BARGAIN BASEMENT PRICES and if you think that your PM investment will appreciate, then a quality MAJOR mining company will do so even more dramatically.

Goldcorp, Agnico-Eagle, Royal Gold, Australia's Newcrest Mining, Silver Wheaton, Hecla are a few that're off their highs and present decent buying opportunities right now. There are many others as well.

Good luck!!

buff
25th October 2008, 18:13
I dissolved a $30,000 CD to buy some gold and silver, and am wondering what to do. I have a representative at MONEX right now who says I should buy a 1000oz bar of silver and maybe 10oz of gold. How does that sound at this time?

I am in college and might need the money for college, but I could probably just borrow from my mom. I saw silver reached like 8.77 today and my rep called me, what should I do? And is MONEX good?

Here is a clear example of too much money and not enough brains. The reason you so easily parted with your money is because you did not earn it and you still live with your mother.

A good education would have been the perfect spot to put your money. Or, did you beg that from mom too.

bigdawgfoxx
25th October 2008, 19:24
I didn't get any of it from my mom, it was in a trust from my grandparents for education. They are still living its not an inheritance. I didnt "part" with my money..its sitting in my account waiting to be reinvested. I attend Texas A&M University as a Mechanical Engineer, thats what the money is for. Just trying to get some return on it so I will have more for college.

buff
25th October 2008, 20:09
I didn't get any of it from my mom, it was in a trust from my grandparents for education. They are still living its not an inheritance. I didnt "part" with my money..its sitting in my account waiting to be reinvested. I attend Texas A&M University as a Mechanical Engineer, thats what the money is for. Just trying to get some return on it so I will have more for college.

I bet your grand parents got a migraine from seeing you cash in your education money in comtemplation of pissing it off on silver. Since silver has fallen in half this year maybe you can pay for half a degree. I'll bet they are at the lawyer's office now changing the will.

offgrid
25th October 2008, 20:33
this late on a saturday night, they must be p'd at bigdawg

skijake
25th October 2008, 20:41
Here is a clear example of too much money and not enough brains. The reason you so easily parted with your money is because you did not earn it and you still live with your mother.

A good education would have been the perfect spot to put your money. Or, did you beg that from mom too.

Buff, for God's sake show some class. The young man asked a reasonable question and doesn't deserve your brow beating. Whatever you are upset about it's best to face it head on. Hurling insult grenades will not make you feel better [ as you probably noticed ] nor make your problem go away. Man-up and spit it out or go to Kitco and talk to a Mr. Jon Nadler. He is an expert in the counsel you desire.:(

buff
25th October 2008, 23:21
If you think running a business would be more fun than studying engineering right now; do so! The economy is awful,

The best part is, you have the ability to go to Texas A&M when you WANT. Not in order to get a job.

What planet are you from?

buff
25th October 2008, 23:24
SKIJAKE......are you a college drop out. Or did you ever drop in.

skijake
25th October 2008, 23:29
SKIJAKE......are you a college drop out. Or did you ever drop in.

Iz did notz evenz funish higgh schols? u two!;)

JesterJay
26th October 2008, 17:29
Jake of the Ski clan,
It should be spelled:
Eyes didn't NOT oddly sand and stain and laquer Upper Level Preparatory Larnin'?!?!?!?! Ewe TWOO!!!
Holy Cow man, get it Ryte!
JesterJay
Thinking buff IS off his rocker AND from another planet, that is why he asked.
...I'm guessing Zeta Reticuli 1 or 2. Not 3, they can't even spell INCORRECTLY.

Iz did notz evenz funish higgh schols? u two!;)

JesterJay
26th October 2008, 17:34
BiggieBowser,
IF I had the $30000, I'd buy one or two 1000 ozzies and stash the rest and whatch what happens in the world in the mean time.
JesterJay

so buy a 1000oz bar of silver for starters? lol

balou2
26th October 2008, 21:57
Jake of the Ski clan,
It should be spelled:
Eyes didn't NOT oddly sand and stain and laquer Upper Level Preparatory Larnin'?!?!?!?! Ewe TWOO!!!
Holy Cow man, get it Ryte!
JesterJay
Thinking buff IS off his rocker AND from another planet, that is why he asked.
...I'm guessing Zeta Reticuli 1 or 2. Not 3, they can't even spell INCORRECTLY.

He's not off his rocker...he's just an asshole.

jmk72
26th October 2008, 22:03
bigdawgfoxx,

You may want to call Peter Schiff's Euro Pacific Capital and see if you like what they have to say.

http://www.europac.net/

bigdawgfoxx
26th October 2008, 22:35
Is it free to call them?

And they dont really know what I'm using it for..these are the main things I was taking into consideration:

1. I would like to make more than 3-4% interest on my money.

2. Silver is down and possibly is going to go back up soon due to the flooding of more money into the system. (thats what I thought, thats why I was asking here)

3. The thought of our dollar crashing, my money would be safe in bars of silver.

So I was trying to earn more money while keeping it safe if the dollar was to crash..thanks for all of yalls help though.

And like my grandparents are worth a couple of million..so if our dollar completely crashes then all of their money that is invested and in the bank and not silver or gold will just be gone??

jmk72
26th October 2008, 22:40
It is a free call. You really need to get some good advice on what to do with your money. I don't recommend dumping it ALL into silver. Their are many options for you to protect your money during this crises. In times like this, sometimes he who loses the least wins. Good luck to you.

bigdawgfoxx
26th October 2008, 22:55
I might just do that doctor thing for 20%..my moms been doing it for years and her friend that represents insurance companies in the U.S. Congress and HOR has for 15 and always got what they were told.

Thanks for your help.

Damn, I just noticed thats the guy thats on Glenn Beck all the time. I like him a lot.

chux03
26th October 2008, 23:17
Wow...GoldMoney is advertising on SilverSeek! You want to buy silver and/or gold at spot?? You can do that at GoldMoney. Check em out!

www.goldmoney.com

I'll second the motion for Euro-Pacific as I also have an account there and I have been completely satisfied with how they do business and what they do business in. And that's trading off those dangerous paper dollars and setting up investments in various other markets worldwide. Besides Canadian energy trust funds, they invested a percentage of my money in countries as diverse as an energy company in Singapore, a utility in Germany, a water utility in Japan, a food company in Hong Kong...you get the picture. True diversification in all aspects. AND EVERYTHING PAYS A DIVIDEND, EVERYONE OF THEM. I was and am impressed!
Their radio broadcast every Wednesday evening is VERY worthwhile. I recently posted a thread about it and again, their website is chocked full of information of interest to almost everyone here, knowing your interest in silver and precious metals. They're of the Austrian economic model of thinking as everyone who's seen Peter Schiff talk on various TV business channels undoubtedly knows. That was probably the single most important thing for me in helping make the decision on what to do with some of my retirement money rollover. That and the fact that I had read his book, Crash Proof, right after it came out about 2 years ago now and had been keeping an eye on him whenever I could catch him on the tube. The guy's been singing the same tune and has been proven pretty much correct, much in the same vein as Ron Paul seems to have been vindicated by recent events. As for a good move on my part, I remain convinced that's one of the smartest things I could've ever done financially speaking with that part of my retirement funds.

www.europac.net

jmk72
27th October 2008, 05:38
Peter Schiff was Ron Paul's economic advisor for those that may not know.

buff
27th October 2008, 15:33
And like my grandparents are worth a couple of million..so if our dollar completely crashes then all of their money that is invested and in the bank and not silver or gold will just be gone??

Have you called up your grandparents and told them about the hair brained scheme you have planned for the money they gave you to complete your education?

bigdawgfoxx
27th October 2008, 17:12
Have you called up your grandparents and told them about the hair brained scheme you have planned for the money they gave you to complete your education?

You need to chill the **** out. I'm trying to invest their money in the most smart way. Thats all I'm trying to do. Most kids my age would go out and buy a new car or something. I just came here for advise. If you don't have anything good to input and just want to sound jealous, don't post.

Anyway, I didn't know that was Ron Paul's economic advisor, thats really good to know as I supported Ron Paul...even had a bumper sticker lol..too bad everyone in the republican debates laughed at him when he said we were headed for an economic crisis.

SkinnerVic
27th October 2008, 17:37
Pay Buff no mind = Don't feed the trolls...

bigdawgfoxx
27th October 2008, 17:48
Pay Buff no mind = Don't feed the trolls...

Good point...lol

Tribal Warrior
27th October 2008, 20:59
Good point...lol

Just think, what if your grandparents had bought up gold eagles for your college savings? WoW! If they had bought say 10 years ago, you'd be able to pay for college and a house by now.

I seriously think, anything you buy in Gold/Silver at this point, within a year you'll at LEAST double your investment.

buff
27th October 2008, 23:37
You need to chill the **** out. I'm trying to invest their money in the most smart way.

You are 19 with no education, no job and you live with your mother. How smart can you be?

If you had followed through with your hair brained silver investment scheme six months ago you would have just enough money left to pay for half a degree.

This time next year you would have about enough left to buy a Hershey bar.

jmk72
27th October 2008, 23:39
Somebody wasn't hugged enough as a child.

bigdawgfoxx
27th October 2008, 23:42
You are 19 with no education, no job and you live with your mother. How smart can you be?

If you had followed through with your hair brained silver investment scheme six months ago you would have just enough money left to pay for half a degree.

I'm in a better college program than you probably ever were, AND I DONT LIVE WITH MY MOM for the second time. I live with 3 roomates in college station.

And I'm getting a job this week..

bigdawgfoxx
27th October 2008, 23:44
Just think, what if your grandparents had bought up gold eagles for your college savings? WoW! If they had bought say 10 years ago, you'd be able to pay for college and a house by now.

I seriously think, anything you buy in Gold/Silver at this point, within a year you'll at LEAST double your investment.

My grandpa did buy lots of silver and gold when gold was around $400 an ounce. He bought thousands of ounces of silver when it was like $7 and sold it at $17.50 so he did pretty good on that

balou2
28th October 2008, 02:05
buff[/I];18593]You are 19 with no education, no job and you live with your mother. How smart can you be?

I love this. While I do not frequent but 2 different "chat" forums such as this, people like you TRULY keep them interesting. Your type of person (in a forum context) keeps the physical facts true. Everybody has an asshole. On this forum, you're the asshole.

I love it. Keep trolling brother. It's nice to see an asshole in public every now and again. Helps keep things in perspective...no matter how tough things get "out there", there's always someone who makes you feel good to be alive. You, my friend, make me glad to be me, and I salute your for that! Perspective is never captured by singular learnings, or individual entities, but your contribution to perspective reminds me that I feel good about how well I treat deserving-folks, and live a relatively constructive life when it comes to respect. Again...thank you for your contribution.

Stay the course buff...you're doing us all a favor.

A big fat brown-eyed salute to you!

http://media.ebaumsworld.com/picture/beachbumpatrick/asshole.jpg

OH...and bigdawgfoxx, forget what any of us say...do what makes you feel good. Forums are nice places to get opinions, and with people like buff, you wouldn't have a reason to challenge your thoughts. Apertures like buff should allow you to see both sides of the resonance that exists in decision making. Just remember...opinions are like assholes. Everyone has one. In this case, buff provides you with both.

buff
28th October 2008, 09:25
I'm in a better college program than you probably ever were, AND I DONT LIVE WITH MY MOM for the second time. I live with 3 roomates in college station.

And I'm getting a job this week..

Let me see if I have it right this time. You have no education, no job and you are only supported by your mother who lets you live with her the four months of the years you are not at A&M.

It is good that you are getting a job soon. You will need it to make up your silver losses. Did you see how much it was down again today?

About that excellent Aggie engeneering program you are in...Did you see in the news today that the University is paying out millions for the deaths from bondfire collapse in 1999? Where were all you Aggie engineers then?

buff
28th October 2008, 09:30
balou2......How much silver profit did you make on its way down
from $22 to$9?

jmk72
28th October 2008, 09:31
Buff, a battle of wits with you sir is a battle with an unarmed opponent.

thetackle
28th October 2008, 09:38
People have predicted the rise of silver and the fall of everything else for awhile. Does not mean they are right or wrong. Only means that the timing of everything in this market is controlled and we are all guessing, hopefully educated guesses. I agree with balou, take all this as opinion, sprinkle in some professional opinions as well, and make your own decision about your portfolio. But, make silver part of a larger portfolio to protect your total investment. I agree with buff also, silver has burned some people lately, so be careful if you think this is a get rich thing. It may turn out that way or you may be screwed. Silver is really to protect your assets. Get lots of advice and opinions, including your Mom's if she is financially vested in this, then make your decisions.

Remember at one time, Amway and junk bonds were great investments.

buff
28th October 2008, 12:24
Silver is not an investment. An investment yields a return. Not daily losses.

thetackle
28th October 2008, 12:31
Silver is not an investment. An investment yields a return. Not daily losses.

An investment yields a return over a period of time. What you are thinking of, buff, is gambling. They don't keep building those casinos in Vegas because the house is getting its ass kicked. With the dawn of internet trading, people are confused as to investment and gambling. Back to my earlier post on this, it is up to the individual if they need return in short term or long term. If it is short, you are just as well served to let it ride on black as get in this market. But long term, invested correctly (not just in the US) is still investing.

bigdawgfoxx
28th October 2008, 15:23
Thanks for all the input guys.

I've been hearing a lot about the dollars complete crash within the next year and that silver and gold is the only way to protect your money, thats what got me started on this venture. Are we talking a complete dollar crash, like everyone invested in government bonds or any U.S. company will loose all of it?

With all the money being pumped into our system inflation HAS to rise, no matter how much the government wants to hide it and say were at like 3% or whatever I believe..so gold and silver should go up..

I just get depressed as a 19 year old who has always tried to expand my horizons..(learning how to build computers at age 12 and working throughout highschool doing so, installing computers and sound systems in cars at 15, etc) and now trying to learn how to invest smartly. If everything was sound, I'd have a ROTH in a good index fund at Vanguard or Fidelity. With all of this going on I just get discouraged and don't really know what to do.

Thanks for everyones advice, and buff no hard feelings man.

buff
29th October 2008, 19:36
An investment yields a return over a period of time. What you are thinking of, buff, is gambling.

What I am thinking of is how many of you buy silver for its high risk and random return. It is the same as Vagas. I went to a casino once. The whole place was packed with suckers who had a system to beat the system. It is the same with this silver forum......packed with suckers, all with a system to beat the house.

buff
29th October 2008, 19:39
I just get depressed as a 19 year old who has always tried to expand my horizons..(learning how to build computers at age 12 and working throughout highschool doing so, installing computers and sound systems in cars at 15, etc) and now trying to learn how to invest smartly. If everything was sound, I'd have a ROTH in a good index fund at Vanguard or Fidelity. With all of this going on I just get discouraged and don't really know what to do.

I did not know we were dealing with the next Bill Gates.

buff
29th October 2008, 19:43
You need to chill the **** out.

Hard Feelings? Why would I have hard feelings? Worry about your grand parents fellings after you piss off the education money they gave you on a hair brained investment scheme.

bigdawgfoxx
29th October 2008, 22:15
I dont really know why you're on this forum..but it's a free country.

LETMYSILVERGO
29th October 2008, 22:22
join the Marines, and do a couple of tours, this will get you a whole new attitude , plus get you head straight. good luck.

Trvlr45
29th October 2008, 23:27

Jesus Christ Buff. Were you born an asshole that just grew bigger or were you molested as a child and just haven't gotten over the pain?

Bigdawg is just asking for opinions from others, most of which are older than he is. That shows that he's got plenty of brains. He was also smart enough to get into Texas A&M.

What is with you anyway? You are the biggest dick I have ever seen post on a forum. I wouldn't put it past you to punch a rape victim in the mouth for running up to you half naked asking for help because you figured her skirt was too short and she brought it on herself!

Trvlr45
29th October 2008, 23:45
I dont really know why you're on this forum..but it's a free country.

Hey Bigdawg,

Don't pay any attention to "Buff". He's a fuckhead (pardon my french everyone. I try not to use off color language on a public forum but this is an extreme case) suffering from an inner tempest of blind hostility probably due to a good hard butt pounding against his will at a young age by the neighborhood child molester. You're smarter than he is that's why he's so jelous. He may have had to sell his ass in the back alley's of some big city to "work" his way through college and can't stand the fact that YOU have financial help. He may have even done time in prison and was passed around as the jailhouse bitch for five or ten years. Or, it could be that his bad habit of moaning the words "Oh Mommy" in bed has kept him a bachelor his whole life. You never know what could cause someone to be so mentally unbalanced. Ignore him. Someone will kick the **** out of him one of these days.

You're doing the right thing in asking for various opinions. Just do yourself a favor. Get the education. THAT is the most important thing. Don't worry about investing now. Spend the money on college. Don't take a risk you don't need to at such a young age. Put that money in the safest investment vehicle you can find and if you lose it, you lose it. I don't think PM's are a wise choice in your situation. The market is rigged 100%.

If you can get your education and come out of college owing NO money, debt free, then that is what you should do. No one pays for your time in todays world, they pay for your knowledge and that is why a college degree is so important.

Illegal aliens have screwed up a lot of businesses that you used to be able to make A LOT of money doing without a college degree. This isn't the same free-market country it used to be.

buff
30th October 2008, 00:00
Illegal aliens have screwed up a lot of businesses that you used to be able to make A LOT of money doing without a college degree.

Are you kidding. Money is still being made off the backs of illegals. And about so much money being made without a college degree. Well, I guess we can all point out that Bill Gates is a Harvard dropout. But, I am thinking he does not hire college dropouts. Nor did he build his business on dropouts and illegal aliens.

About the boy wonder who managed to get into A&M. Let's see if he can get out.

Trvlr45
30th October 2008, 00:18
I did not know we were dealing with the next Bill Gates.

Buff,

Have you been taking your medication?

bigdawgfoxx
30th October 2008, 00:20
Hey Bigdawg,

Don't pay any attention to "Buff". He's a fuckhead (pardon my french everyone. I try not to use off color language on a public forum but this is an extreme case) suffering from an inner tempest of blind hostility probably due to a good hard butt pounding against his will at a young age by the neighborhood child molester. You're smarter than he is that's why he's so jeleous. He may have had to sell his ass in the back alley's of some big city to "work" his way through college and can't stand the fact that YOU have financial help. He may have even done time in prison and was passed around as the jailhouse bitch for five or ten years. Or, it could be that his bad habit of moaning the words "Oh Mommy" in bed has kept him a bachelor his whole life. You never know what could cause someone to be so mentally unbalanced. Ignore him. Someone will kick the **** out of him one of these days.

You're doing the right thing in asking for various opinions. Just do yourself a favor. Get the education. THAT is the most important thing. Don't worry about investing now. Spend the money on college. Don't take a risk you don't need to at such a young age. Put that money in the safest investment vehicle you can find and if you lose it, you lose it. I don't think PM's are a wise choice in your situation. The market is rigged 100%.

If you can get your education and come out of college owing NO money, debt free, then that is what you should do. No one pays for your time in todays world, they pay for your knowledge and that is why a college degree is so important.

Illegal aliens have screwed up a lot of businesses that you used to be able to make A LOT of money doing without a college degree. This isn't the same free-market country it used to be.

One of the best post I've read. Thank you very much. The thing that bugs me is that even the safest investment, CDs, Bonds, Money Markets, etc will be valued at nothing if our government/dollar crashes..right? I mean that sounds radical but might soon be upon us..thats what drew me to PMs in the first place..

Thanks once again.

Trvlr45
30th October 2008, 00:30
Are you kidding. Money is still being made off the backs of illegals. And about so much money being made without a college degree. Well, I guess we can all point out that Bill Gates is a Harvard dropout. But, I am thinking he does not hire college dropouts. Nor did he build his business on dropouts and illegal aliens.

About the boy wonder who managed to get into A&M. Let's see if he can get out.

Times have changed, Buff. Illegal aliens have made a lot of people a lot of money because the taxpayer has been paying for all their free social programs. This country is headed for financial collapse and the illegal's won't be getting the free handouts and the job market will be drying up.

As for Bill Gates. He started his company in a completely different country than we have now. You won't be seeing many like him emerge in the future. This country is broke and in debt for trillions. Starting up a hot dog stand will be next to impossible in the future considering our debt based economy that will soon not be able to loan out any more money especially when our government will most probably raise taxes on everything and anything in the future.

As far as "Wonder Boy" is concerned. I'm sure he will do just fine at A&M as long as he stays away from people like you. As he goes through life he will have no choice but to deal with people like you and eventually he'll learn how to do that also. A baseball bat is one way.

hiyosilver
30th October 2008, 00:37
join the Marines, and do a couple of tours, this will get you a whole new attitude , plus get you head straight. good luck.

oh sure, tour beautiful Afghanistan and get your head twisted in such a knot, you'll never be the same...that's if one of the "countrymen" doesn't blow it off with an IED, or cut it off with a dull knife....

Trvlr45
30th October 2008, 00:53
One of the best post I've read. Thank you very much. The thing that bugs me is that even the safest investment, CDs, Bonds, Money Markets, etc will be valued at nothing if our government/dollar crashes..right? I mean that sounds radical but might soon be upon us..thats what drew me to PMs in the first place..

Thanks once again.

No problem Bigdawg,

Just saying what I think. I am no professional investor but your education is paramount to your success in life. If our dollar crashes we are all screwed. You may want to think about a swiss bank account to stash your money in.

The swiss franc has been the most stable currency in the world for decades and eventhough THAT may not be completely safe it's a better bet than the dollar. I could be wrong but it is worth checking into. What YOU need to do is find somewhere to put your money where you won't lose it. Forget about getting rich off of it.

That decision is up to you. The last thing I am is an investment advisor. I am probably the LEAST qualified on this forum to give any advice on the subject. I have bought some silver for a LONG TERM investment.

In the past gold has ALWAYS been the ultimate store of wealth but the market is so rigged there is no telling what may happen or I would immediatly recommend a Goldmoney account. It's as safe as can be and from what I understan you can get an ATM card and withdraw money in any currency you wish, whenever you wish. If you decide to put your money in PM's I would say gold not silver, Silver is too volatile. I'm sure many will disagree with me but in YOUR situation you want to KEEP what you have.

You need to store your money, not invest it. Your too young! You NEED that college degree! I would look into a swiss franc bank account if I were in your position. You may lose some of it in a global callapse but you probably won't lose all of it. If I am correct, the swiss franc is the ONLY currency in the world that is backed with gold. You need liquidity and if you have a bunch of silver or gold and you need cash when the price is down below where you bought it, you're screwed.

One other thing I just thought about. Is there any way you can pay in advance for your tuition? If you do that then THEY take the loss. It sounds like your smart enough that you won't drop out or get thrown out so if you could somehow do that then you've already paid. Once that is done it's just Big Macs and rent you have to pay for and you could do that with a part time job.

The degree is paramount though and a masters these days is the minimum.

"Ambition without knowledge is like a boat out of water."

The degree will give you the knowledge to get started. Life experience will seal the deal.

Trvlr45
30th October 2008, 01:09
oh sure, tour beautiful Afghanistan and get your head twisted in such a knot, you'll never be the same...that's if one of the "countrymen" doesn't blow it off with an IED, or cut it off with a dull knife....

I Have to agree Hiyo,

20 or 30 years ago I would have recomended the service to anyone so they can get out and see the world as well as possibly get some financial help for college.

I have a friend of mine that just made Lt. Commander in the Navy and he and his wife are doing absolutely fantastic. But he joined 20 years ago and his wife is REALLY good at investing. France a couple of times a year and Cabo once in a while isn't a problem for them.

He has a master's degree in mechanical engineering thanks to the Navy and when he finally retires a job in excess of six digits will be easy. But these days, with communists and fascists running our country into the ground for personal gain I wouldn't recomend the service to anyone. It's a friggin' social experiment, not a real military anymore.

Our men and women in uniform are nothing but cannon fodder as far as I am concerned. The surge? That should have been done from day one! The Navy or the Airforce might still be a fairly good idea but the Marines or the Army is just too dangerous.

Look at what Bill Clinton did at Mogadishou. Obama will relish the thought of sending our troops into harms way ill-prpeared and probably light up a smoke and snort a line while he watches film of them getting slaughtered. Just as Bill Clinton probably did. I was in the Navy when Clinton was president. It wasn't pretty.

Kelly
30th October 2008, 01:30
As far as I am concerned, if the government gets the military into a land war fought with foot soldiers then that is clue #1 that it's a war the government never intended to win in the first place. That kind of war only requires the government to borrow endless quantities of money from the Fed, and it's the banksters who ultimately benefit. History will prove that one.

We have enough air power to take out any country on earth, hands down. The military put their money into air power and we taxpayers footed the bill for that military advantage. Do they use it in a land war? No.

Anybody who thinks the government actually intends to "win the war against terrorism" had got their head up their arse. It's impossible. Terrorists operate in small, clandistine and covert groups. Terrorism is not a "military" operation; it's more in keeping with what street gangs do, only the terrorist gangs don't wear colors or uniforms. Uniformed soldiers on the ground become little more than very obvious targets to them.

I've watched what has happened in both Viet Nam and Iraq. Both were wars that can never really be won. They are wars fought to simply manipulate the economy.

Trvlr45
30th October 2008, 01:30
What I am thinking of is how many of you buy silver for its high risk and random return. It is the same as Vagas. I went to a casino once. The whole place was packed with suckers who had a system to beat the system. It is the same with this silver forum......packed with suckers, all with a system to beat the house.

Everything is a gamble in life, dumbass. There are no gaurantees. There are people out there who make six figures every year playing the casino's. Until the casino's find out who they are. I knew a guy years ago that did it for a living.

There are people all over the globe that are losing there asses on paper investments and overpriced hovels they thought were really worth $500,000.

Silver and gold have a 5,000 year history as a store of wealth and are probably about the only place left to put your money unless you bought real estate back when it was actually valued in the real world instead of a fantasy land created by Fanny and Freddy and the central bankers.

If you think PM's are for suckers then why is your sorry ass on this forum??!! HMMMMM?!

Trvlr45
30th October 2008, 01:41
Hard Feelings? Why would I have hard feelings? Worry about your grand parents fellings after you piss off the education money they gave you on a hair brained investment scheme.

Sticking up for the old folks huh Buff? Your not by any chance into antiqueing are you? That's where you go out and find really old men and women to take back to your motel room. Some of the real sicko's actually pay for it.

Trvlr45
30th October 2008, 02:21
As far as I am concerned, if the government gets the military into a land war fought with foot soldiers then that is clue #1 that it's a war the government never intended to win in the first place. That kind of war only requires the government to borrow endless quantities of money from the Fed, and it's the banksters who ultimately benefit. History will prove that one.

We have enough air power to take out any country on earth, hands down. The military put their money into air power and we taxpayers footed the bill for that military advantage. Do they use it in a land war? No.

Anybody who thinks the government actually intends to "win the war against terrorism" had got their head up their arse. It's impossible. Terrorists operate in small, clandistine and covert groups. Terrorism is not a "military" operation; it's more in keeping with what street gangs do, only the terrorist gangs don't wear colors or uniforms. Uniformed soldiers on the ground become little more than very obvious targets to them.

I've watched what has happened in both Viet Nam and Iraq. Both were wars that can never really be won. They are wars fought to simply manipulate the economy.

I have to disagree, sweetheart. The whole reason the Iraq war was intentionally dragged out this far is because they DIDN'T send in enough foot soldiers right off the bat. I forget his name but I think it was one of our generals that said we needed 750,000 on the ground to go into Iraq and he was right.

You CANNOT win a war without boots on the ground. The ground soldiers and intel is what wins a war. The air power and the Navy offshore are for SUPPORT of the foot soldier.

You would be right if you just wanted to turn a country into nothing but shifting sands but that isn't how it is done these days. No one wants to slaughter hundreds of thousands of innocents to get the bad guys.

I will say, however, that the peacenick mentality of the average liberal is how we lost Vietnam and why Iraq has drug on for so long. Intentionally in my opinion.

The solution to saving lives and winning quickly is the WW2 method. You air-bomb the entire country with flyers and warn the citizens that armageddon is on the way. You give the innocents time to leave and then level the entire area. After THAT, you send in the foot soldiers to kill the remaining scum. It saves lives just as Hiroshima and Nagasaki did.

They didn't do that in Iraq and in my opinion it was done on purpose to drag out this war so the central bankers and their military industrial complex could steal trillions from us. Furthermore, I don't think Bush is part of it. I think Cheney, Rumsfeld and his dad are. This president we have now is just a puppet who has listened to the wrong people because he trusts them.

Trvlr45
30th October 2008, 02:37
Somebody wasn't hugged enough as a child.

Something tells me he was raised in a "chicken house" in a third world country.

Kelly
30th October 2008, 02:54
The whole reason the Iraq war was intentionally dragged out this far is because they DIDN'T send in enough foot soldiers right off the bat.

And that remains my point. In my lifetime, we have NEVER won a land war. I'm not saying we COULDN'T win one with enough men and air back up, BUT to date, that hasn't happened.

This government doesn't go into a land war with the intention of winning it. This government goes into land wars with the intention of drawing them out. It makes money for the big private contractors and it makes money for the banks. And it kills our young military personel. It gives the media something to talk about, so they can draw the public's attention away from what is REALLY going on; like monetary slight of hand, writing derivatives and CDS. The war immediately took the publics' attention away from the VERY curious elements of 9-11 that don't add up to the official version. THATS why our government fights land wars.

If the government puts our military into a war that must primarily be fought with foot soldiers then they are not there to win it. They are there to have a military presense in the Middle East. You can't justify that presence if the war is won.

Would Iraq today be in any more of a mess if the government had just issued warnings to the citizens, given them a chance to get out and leveled the place with an air raid? They've leveled most of it now. The private citizens stuck there are no better off. Are there any fewer kids with their limbs blown off? No.

That's all I am saying Trvlr. If the government goes in to fight a land war, it's a sure sign that they don't intend on winning it. Sure, they could have doubled the number of foot soldiers in the beginning and gotten it all over with quickly. So, did they do that? No.

What does that tell you?

Did the government do a damn thing that "could" have won that war?

Trvlr45
30th October 2008, 03:27
And that remains my point. In my lifetime, we have NEVER won a land war. I'm not saying we COULDN'T win one with enough men and air back up, BUT to date, that hasn't happened.

This government doesn't go into a land war with the intention of winning it. This government goes into land wars with the intention of drawing them out. It makes money for the big private contractors and it makes money for the banks. And it kills our young military personel. It gives the media something to talk about, so they can draw the public's attention away from what is REALLY going on; like monetary slight of hand, writing derivatives and CDS. The war immediately took the publics' attention away from the VERY curious elements of 9-11 that don't add up to the official version. THATS why our government fights land wars.

If the government puts our military into a war that must primarily be fought with foot soldiers then they are not there to win it. They are there to have a military presense in the Middle East. You can't justify that presence if the war is won.

Would Iraq today be in any more of a mess if the government had just issued warnings to the citizens, given them a chance to get out and leveled the place with an air raid? They've leveled most of it now. The private citizens stuck there are no better off. Are there any fewer kids with their limbs blown off? No.

That's all I am saying Trvlr. If the government goes in to fight a land war, it's a sure sign that they don't intend on winning it. Sure, they could have doubled the number of foot soldiers in the beginning and gotten it all over with quickly. So, did they do that? No.

What does that tell you?

Did the government do a damn thing that "could" have won that war?

No Kelly, they didn't. That general who's name I can't remember said we needed 750,000 pairs of boots on the ground. Rumsfeld sent in 140,000. I would say that general was right and Rumsfeld has made a lot of money for his friends.

What really sickens me is that while we are passing out billions to foreign countries our military personel are getting third world medical treatment and in the worst cases they are being DENIED medical treatment.

buff
30th October 2008, 09:43
As far as "Wonder Boy" is concerned. I'm sure he will do just fine at A&M as long as he stays away from people like you. As he goes through life he will have no choice but to deal with people like you and eventually he'll learn how to do that also. A baseball bat is one way.

All you guys are such loser "silver investors." This is what really pisses you off...that you lost all of your overtime pay on silver and have nothing left to pay your mortgage with or educate you children and pay child support.

buff
30th October 2008, 09:47

If Wonder Boy keeps spending his grandparents money on silver he should have just about enough left to buy a Hershey bar. Maybe he ought to do the smart thing and drop out. Isn't that what you guys are recommending. And, he should drop out while he has enough money left to pay for a big tattoo. I am recommending a big L on his forehead so he can look like the rest of you.

thetackle
30th October 2008, 11:15
If Wonder Boy keeps spending his grandparents money on silver he should have just about enough left to buy a Hershey bar. Maybe he ought to do the smart thing and drop out. Isn't that what you guys are recommending. And, he should drop out while he has enough money left to pay for a big tattoo. I am recommending a big L on his forehead so he can look like the rest of you.

My last post to you, buff. I can't help but picture that you are sitting by your computer with one hand on the keyboard and one hand down your pants hoping someone will respond to your directionless bashing. There are grown ups on this forum with thoughts and ideas that would cramp your testicle sized brain. So if you want to argue, take it to myspace or facebook or better yet, go pound your pud texting your elitist douche bag buddies. I hope everyone will join me in ignoring this vile spewing scumbag until he gets some manners or goes away. Either way, this forum willl function just fine until he loses interest.

bigdawgfoxx
30th October 2008, 11:30
My grandpa actually made about 30000 dollars off siver when he sold at 17. I would probably not think of silver investment if there wasnt a currency crisis.

Kelly
30th October 2008, 11:34
Tackle, every member of this forum has the option of putting this jerk on their ignore list. We can render him unseen and therefore completely impotent. Since buff has not, to my knowledge anyway, ever contributed anything even vaguely interesting to this forum, why not simply ignore him with the flick of a button?

hiyosilver
30th October 2008, 12:47
Tackle, every member of this forum has the option of putting this jerk on their ignore list. We can render him unseen and therefore completely impotent. Since buff has not, to my knowledge anyway, ever contributed anything even vaguely interesting to this forum, why not simply ignore him with the flick of a button?

To do this, click on his name in his posting, and select view public profile. Above Contact Info click on Add buff to Ignore List. Then the retarded dwarf pygmy shrinks completely out of sight...:D

coinboy1
30th October 2008, 12:49
bigdawgfoxx -

I relate to your situation in some ways. I'm 22 years old and have been on my own since I was 18 when I joined the Air Force. Received my A&P license and worked for 3 years in the aviation industry before I realized the value of money and how itís important to save some of your earnings for the future. Recently (the past year) I have made a decision to get my bachelors degree. I am now getting a college education and it is about the best investment I have made yet. It is very rewarding and motivating to know that knowledge is the best investment money can buy.

There are some people who think college is a waste of money but sounds like you have an awesome deal from your grandparentís fund. I would definitely use that strictly for school. I wasnít lucky enough to get money from my parents or grandparents so I had to join the military to get the money for college.

Stick it out at A&M, earn your degree, and even if you decide to become a small-business owner and not utilize your degree, you will have the knowledge from your education and the pride and feeling of accomplishment that you received from your degree. You are definitely on the right track and I guarantee you are better off the 90% of people our age.

As for what to do with your money, use it for your education. Find out what truly motivates you and sparks your interest. Find the passion of what you want to do for the remainder of your life. If you love your occupation then you will love life. Donít stress about money and if it makes you feel better own a few silver bars. I have a big bag full of 90% silver coin that makes me feel good when I feel pinched on money. College is not about making tons of money, itís about getting your education.

If you have no desire for knowledge and care only about money, then go ahead and quit school. Any dumbass can make $$$, but knowledge will never be lost.

During these unpredictable and tumultuous times, knowledge is power.

Take it easy,

Tony

skijake
30th October 2008, 12:55
My last post to you, buff. I can't help but picture that you are sitting by your computer with one hand on the keyboard and one hand down your pants hoping someone will respond to your directionless bashing. There are grown ups on this forum with thoughts and ideas that would cramp your testicle sized brain. So if you want to argue, take it to myspace or facebook or better yet, go pound your pud texting your elitist douche bag buddies. I hope everyone will join me in ignoring this vile spewing scumbag until he gets some manners or goes away. Either way, this forum willl function just fine until he loses interest.

GRAND SLAM----pure entertainment!;)

skijake
30th October 2008, 12:57
To do this, click on his name in his posting, and select view public profile. Above Contact Info click on Add buff to Ignore List. Then the retarded dwarf pygmy shrinks completely out of sight...:D

Thanks for that! I miss him already---NOT!!!!:p

jmk72
30th October 2008, 13:12
Ahh, that is much better. I was looking all over the place and didn't see the ignore button anywhere. Thanks Hiyo! See ya Buff...well actually I won't because you've been rendered invisible.

thetackle
30th October 2008, 14:27

buff, who????
Thx all!!

Kelly
30th October 2008, 14:40
Gawd, I love this forum...:D

rudy
30th October 2008, 14:53
You're quite precocious for 22. Good post.

thetackle
30th October 2008, 15:31
Gawd, I love this forum...:D

Sometimes it is just too much fun:D

buff
30th October 2008, 21:22
How do you guys come out on this silver thing when you count your profits in pennies and your losses in dollars?

Tribal Warrior
30th October 2008, 21:28
How do you guys come out on this silver thing when you count your profits in pennies and your losses in dollars?

Well, not sure what planet you are on buff, but I'm making huge profits right now. The more they short the Comex, the more money I'm making. I'm still paying on my house, I'm only 23, so extra profits are looking pretty good at this point.

If Gold/Silver prices go up to $40/$2000 within the next couple years, wow I'll have my house paid off. (Only 100k house, been in it 4 years)

So this silver thing you call it, is doing great for most of us here. How about you?

buff
30th October 2008, 21:42
When you get your house paid for it is ok to take the wheels off.

buff
30th October 2008, 21:45
So this silver thing you call it, is doing great for most of us here. How about you?

Well, I do not have to work for a living like you.

buff
30th October 2008, 23:01
within the next couple years, wow I'll have my house paid off.

When you get your house paid for you can take the wheels off.

JesterJay
30th October 2008, 23:06
Hey buff,
You said that twice.
Once for each wheel, I guess.
JesterJay
PS I quoted the helmet buff-er so all of you who "ignore" him can see his high level of maturity and wit.

When you get your house paid for you can take the wheels off.

Trvlr45
31st October 2008, 02:38
Buff is on my ignore list. I've responded to anything he has to say for the last time. Thanks for the tip on how to do it Hyo.

Kelly
31st October 2008, 03:31
"This message is hidden because buff is on your ignore list."

Ain't it just wonderful? :D

buff
31st October 2008, 21:20
[QUOTE=thetackle;19286]My last post to you, buff. I can't help but picture that you are sitting by your computer with one hand on the keyboard and one hand down your pants QUOTE]

Ya mama bites.

cdavport
31st October 2008, 22:19
I still think he is Jon Nadler.

bigdawgfoxx
5th February 2009, 09:28
Man, looking back on this thread I wish I would've bought that silver at $9.00!!! would have made me about $3,500 in 2.5 months.

Oh well. I believe I will be opening an ETRADE account later today and purchasing some SLVs just to earn a few bucks. Silver can't go anywhere but up from here...logically at least.

Myllšri
5th February 2009, 10:33
I just read though a bit of this thread and found something funny. My Uncle Dave, who is a very wealthy bond trader and PM basher, recently told me that a high yield CD will be far safer in the future as well as generate more cash as compared to investing in PM. Funny to see someone cash out a large CD to buy silver for better monetary security.

faithnotwork
5th February 2009, 10:38

Depends what you are looking to do.. if you are looking for survival type stuff, stay with the 1oz rounds. Strictly investment, go for the 100oz. Bery few are going to buy 1000oz bars except dealers. Your market is reduced more and more the higher you go in bullion amounts.

bigdawgfoxx
5th February 2009, 20:00
Depends what you are looking to do.. if you are looking for survival type stuff, stay with the 1oz rounds. Strictly investment, go for the 100oz. Bery few are going to buy 1000oz bars except dealers. Your market is reduced more and more the higher you go in bullion amounts.

I'll just break it up into 1,000 pieces...lol. And yes, maybe a high yield CD would yield more of a return in a normal economy.

Now that our printing presses are running like madmen, inflation MUST occur eventually, and PM is the only way to protect against it. Hell aren't the I-Bonds or whatever that are supposed to raise with inflation at like 3% if that??? Give me a break

SilverHawk
5th February 2009, 21:12
After reading 100 different opinions on what to do, start a new thread when you decide on something.

If it's all too confusing, buy a used Vette. At least you could snag a good looking rich blonde and live with her

JesterJay
5th February 2009, 23:12
That's what I like.
A man with a plan that includes a Vette and shacking up with a hot rich blonde, gender of YOUR preference of course.
JesterJay
Life sucks, but at least it ends sooner or later.

After reading 100 different opinions on what to do, start a new thread when you decide on something.

If it's all too confusing, buy a used Vette. At least you could snag a good looking rich blonde and live with her

MikeJ
6th February 2009, 00:25
Since all money markets are now guaranteed,I would put my money there. Keep in mind that precious metals are very risky. Unless you can afford a loss, you'd best stay away.

Yup they are guaranteed, but what are you going to do if there's a bank holiday? You won't be able to get your money out for who knows how long. Is that a risk you're willing to take to earn a measly interest rate?

Precious metals are for accumulating and storing wealth. They are not "risky" by any means. Gold is actually a very conservative investment, and has outperformed ALL ASSET CLASSES in 2008 and 2009 thus far.

MikeJ
6th February 2009, 00:29
Buff, for God's sake show some class. The young man asked a reasonable question and doesn't deserve your brow beating. Whatever you are upset about it's best to face it head on. Hurling insult grenades will not make you feel better [ as you probably noticed ] nor make your problem go away. Man-up and spit it out or go to Kitco and talk to a Mr. Jon Nadler. He is an expert in the counsel you desire.:(

Yes, a good education is a GREAT place to put your money into. Just look at all the geniuses running the country with their Harvard and Yale degrees. Our educational system has produced FAILURES and will continue to do so unless it is changed.

Show me all the great minds our system has produced over the last 40 yrs or so.

mkman
6th February 2009, 01:32
first time seeing this post.......19 yrs old and 30k......wow!!

Well I hope people have told you that you want something that you can sell easily and quickly.........that would be in smaller sized silver bars/rounds.

You have more people when you need to sell that can afford some 1 oz rounds or 5 and 10 ounce bars than someone who can buy your 1000 oz bars.

Over in my area, dealers are paying above spot (about 2 dollars over spot) for small bars and rounds and paying about 1.50 below spot for 100 oz bars and probably won't even take a 1000 oz bar. Just too hard for them to sell the bigger stuff.

Trvlr45
6th February 2009, 01:34
Yes, a good education is a GREAT place to put your money into. Just look at all the geniuses running the country with their Harvard and Yale degrees. Our educational system has produced FAILURES and will continue to do so unless it is changed.

Show me all the great minds our system has produced over the last 40 yrs or so.

They aren't failures. They are indoctrinated to think the way the elites want them to think. They have actually been very successful. The USA is the last country they have to destroy to be well on their way to a global dictatorship.

I used to think Alex Jones, Steve Quale, David Ikes and others were lunatics. Not any more. We've beeen had.

bigdawgfoxx
6th February 2009, 11:34
I just look back on stuff and get so mad that I dont take the risk lol.

Like I work for Gander Mountain. There stock went from like $1.00 to $2.00 in like a month. We are doing well as a company and from reports I've read from corporate everything looks good, and I feel there is a slim to nil chance we would shut down. I could have invested $10,000 and made an extra $10,000. Same with the damn silver.

Do yall think it is going to keep going up from here or do you think it will drop back down $2-3 and bounce back?

The monex guy told me to buy in the next week (back in November). The next week it dipped below $9.00 and I didnt...Damnit lol

silver_surfer
6th February 2009, 11:58
i would buy a brand new car suv 4x4

bigdawgfoxx
8th February 2009, 22:26
Already have a cadillac cts..oh and now im 20 lol...ugh whatever I guess we will see what happens. I think im gona open up an ETRADE account and put like $10,000 in it.

SilverBlood
26th February 2012, 21:45

Hmm. I reckon your feet are sore from kicking yourself, if you decided not to buy. Then again, hindsight is 20/20.
I'm sure glad I pulled the trigger without hesitation. Only I wish I could have bought at $9 like you :(

silverheartbone
8th November 2012, 08:00
http://forgifs.com/gallery/d/203720-1/Crazy-dancing-brothers.gif

That $30K would now be well over $100K and rising!