PDA

View Full Version : Ebay silver price

jimha
28th December 2010, 16:52
The latest sale of a single uncirculated eagle from a roll is $41.00 with 13 bids. That is a premium of 35% to the paper price.

duneyman jr
28th December 2010, 18:29
Ebay is actual price of physical silver with shipping added ..on completed sold...back in 09 eagles were hot too when silver went down to 9 bux oz....couldn't keep them at 20 oz. I'm not hesitating now at 35 oz with my extra weekly money...bought 2 today..

duneyman jr
28th December 2010, 18:33
Its kinda exciting seeing silver staying above 29 for long time......50 is coming then 100

mark2112gum
28th December 2010, 19:02
Duney your a Hypocrite, first silver was bad, now its good. Make up your mind!!!

What is Truth?
28th December 2010, 19:19
That's interesting but doesn't mean much. Maybe it is a 1996 ASE or maybe the bidder just got carried away in an auction. Anyone can pay a lot for one ASE, but tell me when a roll of common dates eagles goes for $800.

Cup-of-Ruin
28th December 2010, 20:52
Impossible to get a Silver 1 Oz Kookaburra under $35 Aus. I know that, and older dates are $40 and more!

jimha
28th December 2010, 21:11
That's interesting but doesn't mean much. Maybe it is a 1996 ASE or maybe the bidder just got carried away in an auction. Anyone can pay a lot for one ASE, but tell me when a roll of common dates eagles goes for $800.

It was a 2010 and now I see a sale of another 2010 at $43. They have never been this high before to my knowledge and it must mean something such as the small buyer is taking an interest.

AgShaman
28th December 2010, 21:39
Not to trash E-bay....as it's provided me some holiday enjoyment as of late....but it is a place for Opportunista's to fleece Rooks. I recently payed a 2 dollar premium and felt good the damage wasn't worse. All the pieces were special in some way....not generic bullion...so I was not bothered. They will be conversation pieces...and bring more people into the fold if possible via gifts.

Churn and Burners exist...don't put too much emphasis on it. They service alot of the 30 ounce and below audience. If you wanna better deal...you should already know where to look.

I look at Ebay as fun time, and a chance, if there's such a thing....at paying a 10 dollar premium on entertainment while picking up some #47. I'd much rather blow 10 bucks on bidding and shipping fees than go to the movies and catch an overproduced sappy show outta Hollywood looking to dump their propaganda down my throat. E-bay keeps some of us people busy, they are selling us silver now....what they will be doing after Jan. 1st, 2012 remains to be seen.

It will bottleneck a whirlwind in my view....2011, in the beginning...normal....2nd half, E-bayers looking to dump larger silver pieces. Larger items will need to get moved, or suffer the IRS 600 dollar limit consequences....perhaps you will see many ATB silver sets up for auction at this time....each coin could very well crest the 600 dollar limit on it's own "weight" merits. I'd just have to laugh....that would be around 100 dollar silver, to get outta their investment below the 600 limit. Maybe these E-bayers will have to sell them individually come a year from now. If they still have the right and opportunity to realize this scenerio....then I will think there will be plenty of silverbugs happy with that kind of price appreciation.

I will not stray from my words in other posts....I'm hoping for jaw dropping volatility and price swings

.....and wouldn't that make shopping at E-bay rather fun?

Crash Silver....Crash Damn You! (wait until tomorrow though)

InsiderSchneider
29th December 2010, 02:29
The tax laws are going to benefit the smaller investors. I Know I would rather purchase a bit under $600 from each of the online Coin dealers than deal with the BS 1099 reporting rather than making the larger purchases and let the Government track my purchases that are none of their business. I would also expect to see an increase in people at Estate Auctions and the like where silver/gold is present. I believe the 1099 will make a lot of the people move into other areas for investments, and driving the price of precious metals down at that point. Let's hope it does

duneyman jr
29th December 2010, 05:17
Duney your a Hypocrite, first silver was bad, now its good. Make up your mind!!!

Not sure what your talking about. Some just don't listen or take anything negative about silver personally even if true. I've never claimed to be bad investment obviously if I still buy and come in this forum. If so it was to make a point or bein smartass from someone else that got there feelings hurt in past if my opinion at that time it was goin to take a bounce down or something.

duneyman jr
29th December 2010, 05:20
It was a 2010 and now I see a sale of another 2010 at $43. They have never been this high before to my knowledge and it must mean something such as the small buyer is taking an interest.

The rate of new silverbugs is growing, and you know they wanna sell the house to buy some silver before its too late.

duneyman jr
29th December 2010, 05:24
Ebay is the real price for silver. I know at anytime I can put my silver on there and have it sold for good price. Problem is the dealers getting fees out the ass. So the seller can sell less outside of ebay and make same,but in reality what people are willing to pay out the door for common eagles or bars or 90% is the tru price because there selling and people will buy them for that anytime anyday its a stockmarket of averages.

Old Duck
29th December 2010, 06:00
The latest sale of a single uncirculated eagle from a roll is $41.00 with 13 bids. That is a premium of 35% to the paper price.

I don't know what you are smoken. I just scanned E-Bay ASE listings, there are a lot of buy now adds for less than $41.00 going begging. Every one I saw over $36.00 was just going unsold. The price that people want is not allways what they get. One ad priced at $45.00 was marked down ti $40.50 It had 3 hrs to go, NO bid yet.

It will get to $40.00 some day but its not there Yet

Matthew Shelley
29th December 2010, 07:41
Ebay is the real price for silver. I know at anytime I can put my silver on there and have it sold for good price. Problem is the dealers getting fees out the ass. So the seller can sell less outside of ebay and make same,but in reality what people are willing to pay out the door for common eagles or bars or 90% is the tru price because there selling and people will buy them for that anytime anyday its a stockmarket of averages.

I'd be happy to sell my rusted out AMC Pacer for $36,973.28 on E-Bay, and that's the price I have listed. That makes it the real price. Right?

Matt

kvanar
29th December 2010, 07:50
I think maybe he's one of those dudes that would rather click the BUY IT NOW button than the BID button?

;)

I'd be happy to sell my rusted out AMC Pacer for $36,973.28 on E-Bay, and that's the price I have listed. That makes it the real price. Right?

Matt

kvanar
29th December 2010, 07:55
Whoa! That logic is astounding...

Ebay price (EBP) = Actual price (AP)

I guess those fancy asset pricing models I studied in business school is moot since we can just rely on the 'Ebay equation'.

On a related note, does anyone here think that perhaps Facebook might one day make a play for Ebay? Which would mean a name change for this complex equation equilibrium...

Ebay is actual price of physical silver with shipping added ..on completed sold...back in 09 eagles were hot too when silver went down to 9 bux oz....couldn't keep them at 20 oz. I'm not hesitating now at 35 oz with my extra weekly money...bought 2 today..

duneyman jr
29th December 2010, 09:22
Start a eagle out at 99 cents with 3 dollars shipping and tell me what happends if listed correctly with good picture and time and day. Spot is not fools its paper price. Ebay prices is humans generated and not computer generated price. Meaning if spot went to 1 dollar is that true price or is it 50 bucks if people were paying for it at the time spot is 1 buck. Spot is nearly a make believe number that means nothing too me. What it cost me out the door anywhere is true price of silver and ebay is best place too look. You paper buyers are nothing but kindergarten iou's that are worthless monopoly playing games. Those who don't buy physical don't know anything about silver

kvanar
29th December 2010, 09:33
Whoa there pardner! Who said anything about being a paper rather than physical holder?
Oh I get it...its those magical powers of extrapolated conclusions again...

Did u ever try those android apps I suggested the last time?

Start a eagle out at 99 cents with 3 dollars shipping and tell me what happends if listed correctly with good picture and time and day. Spot is not fools its paper price. Ebay prices is humans generated and not computer generated price. Meaning if spot went to 1 dollar is that true price or is it 50 bucks if people were paying for it at the time spot is 1 buck. Spot is nearly a make believe number that means nothing too me. What it cost me out the door anywhere is true price of silver and ebay is best place too look. You paper buyers are nothing but kindergarten iou's that are worthless monopoly playing games. Those who don't buy physical don't know anything about silver

Matthew Shelley
29th December 2010, 10:13

Your idea of spot price is slightly correct but will lead you to overpaying for just about anything from your silver to your loaves of bread and milk. If you want to overpay because the best way you can think of is to buy on E-Bay, that is your choice.

The raw definition of spot price is "right here, and right now". Commonly, it is thought of as the midpoint between a bid and offer, and this is usually quoted, but the actual spot price IS the bid or the offer.

If I don't want to bother walking the extra half a block to the grocery store, then I can certainly pay twice the price for a gallon of milk at the 7-11 next door. Assuming you know this, then you are paying up for convenience. If you don't know this then you are paying for ignorance.

Spot price, is misunderstood by many metals traders, and this misunderstanding is often taken advantage of by some dealers.

Oh, and it's possible that we kindergarten "paper" traders have seen many times more silver in one delivery than the entire amount you've collected over the years in your shoebox. As a former silversmiths apprentice, I do know just a tiny bit about physical Silver.

Matthew C. Shelley
Commodity Broker

As always: Trading in futures and options is very high risk investing. You can lose all or more of the money you invest. Only risk capital should be used.

kvanar
29th December 2010, 10:23
Matt I don't think he'll buy bread or milk from ebay.
He might consider ur AMC Pacer though!

Now abt that Babe Ruth lucky dog glove I saw at auction the other day...hmmm

Your idea of spot price is slightly correct but will lead you to overpaying for just about anything from your silver to your loaves of bread and milk. If you want to overpay because the best way you can think of is to buy on E-Bay, that is your choice.

The raw definition of spot price is "right here, and right now". Commonly, it is thought of as the midpoint between a bid and offer, and this is usually quoted, but the actual spot price IS the bid or the offer.

If I don't want to bother walking the extra half a block to the grocery store, then I can certainly pay twice the price for a gallon of milk at the 7-11 next door. Assuming you know this, then you are paying up for convenience. If you don't know this then you are paying for ignorance.

Spot price, is misunderstood by many metals traders, and this misunderstanding is often taken advantage of by some dealers.

Oh, and it's possible that we kindergarten "paper" traders have seen many times more silver in one delivery than the entire amount you've collected over the years in your shoebox. As a former silversmiths apprentice, I do know just a tiny bit about physical Silver.

Matthew C. Shelley
Commodity Broker

As always: Trading in futures and options is very high risk investing. You can lose all or more of the money you invest. Only risk capital should be used.

duneyman jr
29th December 2010, 10:59
Its true that most paper traders can have more physical then me. I'm not very wealthy nor am I scraping by. I buy very small amounts wich will end up overtime bein worth more then the rich guy that can have it all. Most people aren't wise enough to buy large amounts of physical silver if they are wealthy they think paper or something totally different...I don't buy off ebay either but it does show what people are willing to pay. I've been doin this long enough to get the best for my money for what lilttle I have. Sometimes I pay what it takes when I think its goin be much more later. Right now all physical is good at 35 in my book

jimha
29th December 2010, 11:26
I don't know what you are smoken. I just scanned E-Bay ASE listings, there are a lot of buy now adds for less than $41.00 going begging. Every one I saw over $36.00 was just going unsold. The price that people want is not allways what they get. One ad priced at $45.00 was marked down ti $40.50 It had 3 hrs to go, NO bid yet.

It will get to $40.00 some day but its not there Yet

Ebay numbers 160524037520 and 160524061644. See for yourself.

duneyman jr
29th December 2010, 13:36
Ebay numbers 160524037520 and 160524061644. See for yourself.

Some people just can't see the truth.

billmr
29th December 2010, 13:47
Wow, I do not think I would be buying sae at almost $40 but guess this is good. every stash starts with a single coin....

I think I would probably buy some Royal Silver .99999 fine andean cat rounds first.

jimha
31st December 2010, 16:39

There has been an ebay sale of $775 for a 2010 roll. Is that close enough for you?

duneyman jr
31st December 2010, 17:53
[The sheeple don't understand it. That's exactly what I'm talking about. Point is that there selling much higher lately and ebay bid prices are what the free open market consist of. I'm telling ya most in here are paper players and don't have a clue about physical. Most are bullcrapping and used to be in the dow or something...stocks are gay. Manipulated why would anyone ever trust a stock after watching wallstreet and after bailing them out....what a jokeQUOTE=jimha;144553]There has been an ebay sale of $775 for a 2010 roll. Is that close enough for you?[/QUOTE]

duneyman jr
21st January 2011, 09:16

cant we all just get along