PDA

View Full Version : Window dressing

Vissarion
23rd December 2010, 08:44
I thought the big funds would be buying a lot of silver for their portfolio's before the end of the year. Some time ago I read something about this. They buy the stocks that had the best result over the full year so they could show their customers something positive.

That's why it strikes me as odd that we are floating on the same level for a couple of days now... and sometimes fight back up from a mini daydip.

Shouldn't we be spiking a little towards years end ?

maplesilverbug
23rd December 2010, 08:47
I like turkey dressing.

kvanar
23rd December 2010, 08:52
I like Katy Perry without any dressing or wrapped in turkey (Russell Brand).

down boy!

silverheartbone
23rd December 2010, 09:25
I thought the big funds would be buying a lot of silver for their portfolio's before the end of the year. Some time ago I read something about this. They buy the stocks that had the best result over the full year so they could show their customers something positive.
You can read almost anything nowadays and that is a blessing.
To be able to discern the truth from the rubbish can often be a gift

That's why it strikes me as odd that we are floating on the same level for a couple of days now... and sometimes fight back up from a mini daydip.
What are you taking? http://forums.silverseek.com/images/smilies/rolleyes.gif

Well all righty now. http://forums.silverseek.com/images/smilies/icon_wink.gif

Vissarion
23rd December 2010, 10:51
you can make fun of it but it is a common know thing. Big funds buy up al the stocks that did good and sell the bad ones just to impress future customers/investors at the end of the year...

It gave me a lot of profit last year ... so yeah whatever floats my boat ...

maplesilverbug
23rd December 2010, 10:58

Um...it wouldn't look or actually be impressive at all.

If the "big funds" waited until year end to buy up all the "stocks that had the best result over the full year" they would be buying those stocks at their HIGHS, thus they would NOT be showing any gains, just stupidity by buying at the top.

Not sure how YOU personally gained "a lot of profit" from a fund with this zero profit plan of action.

Vissarion
23rd December 2010, 11:14
Um...it wouldn't look or actually be impressive at all.

If the "big funds" waited until year end to buy up all the "stocks that had the best result over the full year" they would be buying those stocks at their HIGHS, thus they would NOT be showing any gains, just stupidity by buying at the top.

Not sure how YOU personally gained "a lot of profit" from a fund with this zero profit plan of action.

No it's just that they buy the fund because of the results thats why they call it window dressing.... they have the stocks ,, look people we have these stocks,, and look what they did ,, damn we are good... bring you money to us......

thats the idea...

And by looking wich stocks god pounded ,,, I bought turbo's at 31 december... and made a 120% profit in one week.... it's just because it is so damn predictable....

the problem is that silver is global... probably to big for such a little influance...

I hope you understand what I mean

maplesilverbug
23rd December 2010, 11:23
But the year's performance of "star" stock would still not boost the fund's own performance because they have held the stock for a fraction of the year.
I highly doubt there are that many (high net) self-directed individuals who buy a fund based solely on the year-end, brand name-only, holdings of a fund.
Everyone else would just let their "trusted" banker/advisor (already linked to any fund, and therefore immune/aware of said "games") invest their money.
Either way, it's a useless, at best, endeavour.

And what is "turbo"?

Vissarion
23rd December 2010, 11:39
But the year's performance of "star" stock would still not boost the fund's own performance because they have held the stock for a fraction of the year.
I highly doubt there are that many (high net) self-directed individuals who buy a fund based solely on the year-end, brand name-only, holdings of a fund.
Everyone else would just let their "trusted" banker/advisor (already linked to any fund, and therefore immune/aware of said "games") invest their money.
Either way, it's a useless, at best, endeavour.

And what is "turbo"?

Yeah well I TOTALLY agree with you but I guess it did happen...

A turbo is a underlaying effect,, that follows the stock with a certain leverage.... the leverage is both up and down... with indexes there are turbo's with a leverage of up to x100 ,,
So if you are REALLY sure it's only gonna go up (wich most of the time is impossible) you can get a lot of profit.... but the risk to the downside if you're wrong is just as big... so it's not really playing safe.

here's a list with date and price of the stock... it's a dutch insurance company called AEGON

01 dec 4,900
31 dec 4,593
01 jan 4,593
04 jan 4,579
05 jan 4,840
06 jan 4,810
07 jan 4,760
08 jan 4,935

maplesilverbug
23rd December 2010, 11:48
Yeah well I TOTALLY agree with you but I guess it did happen...

A turbo is a underlaying effect,, that follows the stock with a certain leverage.... the leverage is both up and down... with indexes there are turbo's with a leverage of up to x100 ,,
So if you are REALLY sure it's only gonna go up (wich most of the time is impossible) you can get a lot of profit.... but the risk to the downside if you're wrong is just as big... so it's not really playing safe.

here's a list with date and price of the stock... it's a dutch insurance company called AEGON

01 dec 4,900
31 dec 4,593
01 jan 4,593
04 jan 4,579
05 jan 4,840
06 jan 4,810
07 jan 4,760
08 jan 4,935

Ah yes...AEGON...

They have major ties into the US government and big banks.
Do your research (on this board even!).
Way to support the continuing fraud.
But, it's all good...as long as YOU profit, who cares about everything else! :)

Wheee!!!

Vissarion
23rd December 2010, 12:34
Ah yes...AEGON...

They have major ties into the US government and big banks.
Do your research (on this board even!).
Way to support the continuing fraud.
But, it's all good...as long as YOU profit, who cares about everything else! :)

Wheee!!!

I understand your frustration, but back then I didn't even know about silver and the size of the evil fraud things...

Well anyway I think we live in a world where we can't do much more than live for ourself.

maplesilverbug
23rd December 2010, 16:54
Well anyway I think we live in a world where we can't do much more than live for ourself.

Uh huh.
Just the mindset "THEY" want us to have.
Window dressing, indeed.