PDA

View Full Version : Upcoming Debt Ceiling vote/showdown...Effect on gold, silver, mining stocks?

shall
16th December 2010, 17:04
as I understand, a showdown on further increasing the debt ceiling is expected in the first half of 2011
While I believe that the new Republican majority will buckle and relent, I'm curious what some of you intelligent folks believe would happen should the debt ceiling increase pass or fail
Specifically, how would its passage/failure affect the prices of gold, silver and mining stocks

I googled, but couldn't find anything that addressed this specifically
thanks

What is Truth?
16th December 2010, 17:11
as I understand, a showdown on further increasing the debt ceiling is expected in the first half of 2011
While I believe that the new Republican majority will buckle and relent, I'm curious what some of you intelligent folks believe would happen should the debt ceiling increase pass or fail
Specifically, how would its passage/failure affect the prices of gold, silver and mining stocks

I googled, but couldn't find anything that addressed this specifically
thanks

If you take a look at the EU's attempts to limit their debt you will see that by doing so they put more strain on their banking system. Now they are bailing them out. Lower Euro = higher gold and silver over there. This is a fine mess they gotten us into.