PDA

View Full Version : The Next Banking Bomb?

mick silver
21st October 2008, 14:26
This bill will, in my judgment, raise the likelihood of future massive taxpayer bailouts. …if you want to gamble, go to Las Vegas. If you want to trade in derivatives, God bless you.”

That was North Dakota Senator Byron Dorgan’s statement on the floor of the Senate - not this week or last, or even during the last six months as Wall Street collapsed - but back in 1999.

Four years later in a letter to shareholders, billionaire investor Warren Buffett followed with his own warning, calling derivatives “weapons of financial mass destruction” controlled by “madmen.”

While financial experts were concerned with the housing bubble and mortgage-backed securities, Dorgan and Buffett were focused on what many now believe may be the next big shoe to drop - the credit derivatives market, better known as credit default swaps.
http://www.prophecynewswatch.com/October15/1511.html

research24
21st October 2008, 14:35
Oct. 21 (Bloomberg) -- The Federal Reserve will provide up to $540 billion in loans to help relieve pressure on money- market mutual funds beset by redemptions.

This is insane. The Fed doesn't have 540 bn. to loan. Argentina, here we come! Maybe Ziombabwe too.

nuslvrkwen
21st October 2008, 14:42
Argentina's speculating on taking over people's PENSIONS? It's bad enough the stock market has halved values, but now it's looking like if your pension's in a bank the government can just nationalize YOUR PENSION so the government won't default on loans IT MADE? It's expensive to save via bullion anywhere out of the US now. North Korea restricted individuals from investing in gold earlier this year.

So the lesson is: NO LARGE amounts of cash in any one bank. NO Large amount of savings in any one pension plan at one time... Stashing your wealth in your mattress or in between the walls of your home is looking really good about now...

strongman shelford
21st October 2008, 15:47
Argentina's speculating on taking over people's PENSIONS? It's bad enough the stock market has halved values, but now it's looking like if your pension's in a bank the government can just nationalize YOUR PENSION so the government won't default on loans IT MADE? It's expensive to save via bullion anywhere out of the US now. North Korea restricted individuals from investing in gold earlier this year.

So the lesson is: NO LARGE amounts of cash in any one bank. NO Large amount of savings in any one pension plan at one time... Stashing your wealth in your mattress or in between the walls of your home is looking really good about now...
It is true.

The argentinian government is trying to taking over the pensions.
There is no democracy in the planet. It is just an illusion.

FedFixNix
21st October 2008, 16:16
It is true.

The argentinian government is trying to taking over the pensions.
There is no democracy in the planet. It is just an illusion.

It IS an illusion. And democracy cannot be sustained without "economic democracy" or economic justice.

As long as the rich and powerful few can collude with governments to defraud the many, "free markets" cannot be sustained, nor can freely elected representative governments.

research24
21st October 2008, 19:12
Democracy is just mob rule. And the mob will always vote the treasury for itself.

Kelly
21st October 2008, 20:24
Democracy is just mob rule. And the mob will always vote the treasury for itself.

Most people don't understand the difference between a democracy and a republic. In a democracy, the only thing that counts is a majority vote which can be manipulated by spin from the press, or, as Research says, the province of mob rule.

However, in a Republic, certain rights are guarenteed with or without majority rule. The first Amendment which guarentees us many freedoms, is a good example of a republic at work.

SilverWeed
21st October 2008, 21:17
I think it was something I read at Doug Casey's site about what might happen if TSHTF and Obama is elected. One theory they put forward was the fact that there's over $17T dollars (that's TRILLION) in American retirement accounts and that would be one of the FIRST TARGETS that a Obama administration would go after, should the "emergency" be that great. It would sieze that money and then issue some kind of government bond, like THAT'S some kind of gold standard. It is...FOOLS GOLD!! Anyway, soon as I read that, that was another check mark in the column for an early retirement so I can get my hands on my own money before the Messiah get's his hands on it.
Any Casey subscribers around here remember that article recently??

mick silver
21st October 2008, 21:25
silver weed any links for that post thanks mick

SilverWeed
21st October 2008, 21:44
I'll see if I can find it. I think it was an article about what may happen should Obama be elected and it was a couple of months ago now, I think. I'll look for it.

thetackle
21st October 2008, 21:52
As I posted before, I will be writing in Ron Paul. I sincerely hope that one of the casualties of this is the 2 party system. They are so similar that even a lifelong military man like Colin Powell is endorsing a Democrat. One is tax and spend the other is borrow and spend. Either way, the bailout vote convinced me that it no longer has anything to do with the American people. I am voting in the election based on the 2 bullshit bailout votes. Period. Whether you were for it or against it, too many congressmen ignored the will of the people and rammed it through. Good riddance to each and every one, elephant or donkey.
Whew. I feel a little better now.

averagejoe
21st October 2008, 21:57
I too will be writing in Ron Paul and I have a list of Iowa Congressmen and senators who voted for this bail out that are going to get my no vote also. Enough of the bullshit it's time for people to wake up and take our country back!!

SkinnerVic
21st October 2008, 22:17
As much as I really appreciate your principle there, I've been there and done that before. His name was Ross Perot. You know what it got me - Bill Clinton.

Obama is far scarier than either Clinton by an order of magnitude. As much as I dislike my options, I will take McCain any day over that.

SilverWeed
21st October 2008, 23:49
I just filled out my absentee ballot and did the same thing, I wrote in Ron Paul. As for everything else, I wrote in some other good candidates such as Darth Vader, Olive Oil, D.B. Cooper, and many other famous candidates that don't even know they're running (at least on my ballot). I contemplated not voting this year as some of the maverick Libertarian's say that if you vote you MUST approve of the system. Well, I don't approve either but I wanted to write in Ron Paul and vote on some of the state-wide initiatives that are on there too. But other than that, my ballot is chocked FULL of write-ins as anyone even in politics is getting my ire, party affiliation makes no difference to me. I'd throw EVERYONE of them out if I could.

Trvlr45
22nd October 2008, 00:22
I can understand the reason for writing in Ron Paul and I am still wrestling with the decision. However, the reason I will vote for McCain is this.

The next president will be electing at least 2 supreme court judges and I shudder to even think about which communist Chairman MaoBama will pick. Keep in mind everyone that these justices will be there to wreak havoc on this country for decades.

The 5-4 vote in the Heller case recently was WAY too close for comfort for me. If MaoBama gets in there what he can do to screw this country for decades to come will be irrepairable.

No matter what McCain does I think he will AT LEAST give us another Alito, Roberts or Scalia even if he has to be pressured as Bush was. This is a VERY important reason to vote for McCain.

The other reason is Palin who happens to be a Ron Paul supporter and considering the new powers Cheney has given to the vice president she just might actually get to do something good and I personallyu don't believe ANY of the crap they are saying about her.

If it was all true she wouldn't have the HIGHEST approval rating of any governor in the country. As far as experience? Look at Bill Clinton and MaoBama. They don't or didn't have any more than she does.

The econonmic woes can't be fixed by anyone including Ron Paul. It's a done deal. We are doomed economically and there is nothing to do but prepare for the crash. It isn't an issue to vote on as far as the presidential election is concerned IMO. The Congressional and Senate elections are another issue. I say throw the bumbs out.

hiyosilver
22nd October 2008, 00:45
hmmm, what if McCain resigned because of illness. Might Palin select Ron Paul as VP?

Trvlr45
22nd October 2008, 04:05
hmmm, what if McCain resigned because of illness. Might Palin select Ron Paul as VP?

Oh my god! That illness factor is utter hogwash perpetrated by the communists. When was the last time a president died or had to leave because of an illness in office? Look at Cheney with his heart problems! The president, vice-president and the rest of the elites don't get the same healthcare we get. I can't wait for it to get even worse with NATIONAL healthcare. Our very own Politburo is on the way.

Obama has a better chance of not finishing his term for the same reason's Kennedy didn't finish his. If he does what he says he wants to do and attacks the wrong corporations he will be toast one way or another. One of the Rothschilds is supporting McCain. That should give you a hint.

I might add that Kennedy had good intentions with executive order 11110. Obama doesn't have any good intentions towards this country. He'll side with Russia, China, Venezuela and Iran when the time comes. Furthermore, you can expect a George Bush illgal alien invasion type scenario from Kenya if MaoBama gets into the whitehouse and then the communists will be able to claim that there are 100 million "people" in this country without health care instead of the 47 million they claim now which are mostly illegal immigrants.

Palin probably WOULD put Paul or someone like him in there if she could. She is the ONLY shining light in this whole PT Barnum debacle we call the presidential election.

the_moonbeam
22nd October 2008, 06:52
Write-in votes will doom McCain...it's a vote for Osama.
Agree that McCain is not much of a choice, but I have a bit of faith in Palin. She is the least corrupted of the whole bunch, and appears to have enough moxey to do what is right. Even Troopergate shows more testicles than the sum of the other candidates.

LETMYSILVERGO
22nd October 2008, 07:46
I Know Some Of You Are Republicans, And Must Live On Fixxx News, I Guess, But Palen, Do We Need Another Dumbass Like Bush In Office.
And Mcain......do We Need Another Rep President???? Jesus Help Us.

JaySpizzy
22nd October 2008, 08:21
I think it was something I read at Doug Casey's site about what might happen if TSHTF and Obama is elected. One theory they put forward was the fact that there's over $17T dollars (that's TRILLION) in American retirement accounts and that would be one of the FIRST TARGETS that a Obama administration would go after, should the "emergency" be that great. It would sieze that money and then issue some kind of government bond, like THAT'S some kind of gold standard. It is...FOOLS GOLD!! Anyway, soon as I read that, that was another check mark in the column for an early retirement so I can get my hands on my own money before the Messiah get's his hands on it.
Any Casey subscribers around here remember that article recently??

It would be foolish to think that there would be any major difference in that area if McCain won. Besides, if there were any money in that retirement account, it would be the first target to grab funds for the recent bank bailout.

argentfilo
22nd October 2008, 09:39
I am not a US citizen nor live there. I am a Panamanian citizen and live in Panama. And I tell you, I am really scared at the idea of Obama president. The world is a dangerous place already, but with Obama it will become much more dangerous.

And the 2nd Amendment during an Obama presidency? Are you aware that the next president will probably name 2 or maybe more SCOTUS judges?

Do you think that the threat of a nuclear Iran will be well dealt with by this radical communist Obama, who thinks that every evil in the world is caused by the US (the Great Satan) and Israel (the Little Satan)?

To the US citizens in this forum: Please don't give us an Obama disaster-Presidency.

Trvlr45
22nd October 2008, 14:30
I Know Some Of You Are Republicans, And Must Live On Fixxx News, I Guess, But Palen, Do We Need Another Dumbass Like Bush In Office.
And Mcain......do We Need Another Rep President???? Jesus Help Us.

Hello LMSG,

I could fill pages with the stupidity of the liberal mind but I don't have the time. And NO, I'm not a republican nor do I live on Fox news which is just propoganda from the other side. This notion that anyone and everyone that disagrees with turning this country into a "Nanny State" where the government gives you everything and has complete control over your life is stupid just doesn't wash.

The left call EVERYONE that doesn't agree with them stupid. They have done it for decades. I would say that there are more on the left that believe in the religion of environmentalism and the global warming farce than there are on the right. I would say there are more on the left that think we don't have the right to bear arms and defend ourselves than there are on the right. I would say there are more on the left that want higher taxes as long as they don't have to pay them than there are on the right. I would say that there are more on the left that are lazy and stupid than on the right and I would say there are more on the left that support the invasion of our country by the third world than there are on the right. All these things are pretty stupid if you ask me. Shutting off our oil supply due to a lie about global warming is by far the most idiotic thing that anyone could do at this point in time.

I will say this though. When you listen to "news" from the left irregardless of the source it is all created from an emotional standpoint with very few facts and a complete disregard for reality. At least when I listen to the right they can sight laws and or books and articles to back up what they are saying the VAST majority of the time. I listen to it ALL and the garbage on the left is by FAR more idiotic than ANYTHING I here from the right.

If you really read the various posts on this forum you will notice that the majority of the people on this forum AREN'T "Republicans". They just vote that way because it is the lesser of two evils. You would be hard pressed to find ANY republican these days that thinks Bush has done a good job including Hannity or Limbaugh just to name two.

As far as Palin and Bush being stupid? I've never heard something so ridiculous in my life. Listen to Barney Frank, Nancy Pelosi or Joe Biden talk. That is stupidity. None of them even understand how the economy works. The reason they don't understand how our economy works is becasue they are communists. The democratic party met it's demise in the 60's and now the Republican party is all but dead as well. They are becoming fascist.

You can go through and analyze all the "Gaffs" and mis-speak from anyone on both sides of the isle and make ANY of them look stupid. Palin is the most intelligent of them all from what I have heard. So what if she makes a mistake here or there. Her heart is in the right place and to my knowledge she hasn't told a guy in a wheel chair to stand up as Biden did and she's not a liar like Biden or Obama. Obama's entire platform and his "Change" slogan's come directly from "Rules for Radicals" by a communist named Saul Olinski. Don't believe me? Buy the book and read it. You'll find out why Obama and Biden are always referring to the "middle class". They want to befriend them so they can destroy them.

The Republican party may be greedy and Fascist but putting a full blown, admitted communist and 1st term senator in the white house who couldn't even FIND the whitehouse without his 300 advisors is idiocy and it is NOT going to solve our problems. The people who vote republican are for the most part libertarians. They just vote republican because they have always been the least damaging to the country. The average liberal has never even read the constitution. All they want is a feel good session at someone elses expense. Communism is NOT the fix for Fascism or a deviant, illegal private central bank. I think it was the banksters that put communism here to begin with because you can't have fascism (corporatism) without communism.

You may want to read, "The Obamination" by Jerome Corsi, who incidentally is NOT a republican anymore than I am. He will be voting for the Constitution Party this time around and his books can NOT be disputed because he footnotes all his information so you can look it up for yourself. He has also written the "Late Great America" which certainly doesn't do the Bush administration any good. The Obamination has 700 footnotes in it. You may want to read it before you unknowingly do an extreme dis-service to your country. Obama is BAD NEWS, period.

I'm not picking on you LMSG just pointing out my own personal observations.

nuslvrkwen
22nd October 2008, 14:38
It's lovely to know there are people on this planet willing to live through facsism than fix a system they CAN fix. You and the rest of the world have alot more to worry about than just Obama and Biden being elected.

There's alot more to this than people's heart's being in the right place. For eight years people's hearts were in the right place, but their heads and actions put us where we are today.

dontnojack
22nd October 2008, 16:27

I'm not picking on you LMSG just pointing out my own personal observations.

And mine.

Once again, Trvlr45 for President!!!

dontnojack
22nd October 2008, 16:34
Obama's entire platform and his "Change" slogan's come directly from "Rules for Radicals" by a communist named Saul Olinski. Don't believe me? Buy the book and read it.

Alinsky dedicated his book to the 'first true radical'....Lucifer.

http://astore.amazon.com/decisi08-20/detail/0679721134

Trvlr45
22nd October 2008, 23:57
It's lovely to know there are people on this planet willing to live through facsism than fix a system they CAN fix. You and the rest of the world have alot more to worry about than just Obama and Biden being elected.

There's alot more to this than people's heart's being in the right place. For eight years people's hearts were in the right place, but their heads and actions put us where we are today.

Nuslvrkwen,

Communism slaughtered over 100 million people in the last century. Not Fascism. Communism will not fix what is wrong with this country Communism triggered this financial meltdown. For the last eight years no ones heart was in the right place at all. Bush sold us down the river to the international community. Obama will do far worse. His track record proves it.

This mess we are in was triggered by the housing bubble which was created by the Community Reinvestment Act thanks to Carter, Bill Clinton who worked with Fanny and Freddy to sell houses to those that couldn't afford them buying votes with our tax dollars. Barney Frank and Christopher Dodd who looked the other way and took bribes to allow the bubble to grow while stonewalling legislation by McCain in 2005 to stop what was going on and three of Obama's economic advisors who made millions while working at Freddy and Fanny. A taxpayer backed social program which failed as all social programs do.

ACORN , a communist organization founded by a communist named Saul Olinski and run by Obama in Chicago also bilked the taxpayers for millions using the Fanny and Freddy scam.. In short, it was a communist social program that triggered what will probably end up in a global meltdown. Why? Because communism and socialism don't and never have worked. The result is always the same. A bankrupt country, Stalinist work camps and millions being slaughtered.

Chairman Mao Bama and his senile sidekick ARE the biggest threat this country faces right now. Anyonw who does their homework on this dirtbag would know that. He is a threat and a lying communist. Look at his record alone on illegal gun control legislation. Only a communist would vote the way he has.

Trvlr45
23rd October 2008, 00:10
Alinsky dedicated his book to the 'first true radical'....Lucifer.

http://astore.amazon.com/decisi08-20/detail/0679721134

Hi Donto,

I have no doubt you are right. The people that will vote for MaoBama, for the most part simply do not want to know the truth. They live in a make believe world where if the government just exerts enough force (tyranny) on us their little upside down world will become a reality.

They will be the first ones to cheer when a swat team murders someone who won't give up their guns because in THEIR paperdoll world guns aren't necessary because the government will take care of them. Just as Stalin and Hitler took care of their people.

They will be the first ones to support a further reduction of property rights per the Communist Manifesto because the religion of Environmentalism is more important than our freedom and they will cheer when a carbon tax is placed on everyone eventhough C02 is harmless to the atmosphere because they will fall for anything.

If he wins they will take us ALL down the tubes much faster than McCain ever could or would. At least McCain in the past has done something for this country where MaoBama has NEVER done anything for this country except rape it for his own personal gain.

Trvlr45
23rd October 2008, 00:25
I am not a US citizen nor live there. I am a Panamanian citizen and live in Panama. And I tell you, I am really scared at the idea of Obama president. The world is a dangerous place already, but with Obama it will become much more dangerous.

And the 2nd Amendment during an Obama presidency? Are you aware that the next president will probably name 2 or maybe more SCOTUS judges?

Do you think that the threat of a nuclear Iran will be well dealt with by this radical communist Obama, who thinks that every evil in the world is caused by the US (the Great Satan) and Israel (the Little Satan)?

To the US citizens in this forum: Please don't give us an Obama disaster-Presidency.

Hello Argentfilo,

Those of us Americans that haven't been brainwashed into communism will try not to let you down. If Chairman MaoBama slimes his way into the whitehouse with all the voter fraud and ballot-box stuffing ACORN is getting caught red-handed doing right now I may be e-mailing YOU to see if there are any jobs in Panama. I can own a gun and have the right to defend myself in Panama, right?

It is a shame that I run into european immigrants who remember Stalin and Hitler as if it was yesterday and THEY see right through what the left in this country are doing but the people that support the left can't see it when it is right in front of them.

There is no "RIGHT" in this country. The "right" are what is left of America. The left is just the party of Stalin. When communism took over our college campuses in the 60's the communists pointed to Americans and accused them of being "right wing" when there really is no such thing. There is only the left. The "right wing" accusation just stuck because communists control hollywood, the mainstream media and the learning institutions in this country. That is a lot of control to have.

Google "The 1963 Goals of Communism" which were discussed on the house floor in 1963 when, I might add, REAL democrats controlled the house. You will find TODAYS "democratic party" platform in that document.