PDA

View Full Version : John Williams of Shadowstats: Hyperinflation Will Start in the Next Couple Months

Mighty Moose
13th December 2010, 09:58
The time for warning is growing shorter by the week. Get ready! Prepare! This is NOT years away. Ignore the growing number of signs at your own peril.

I've warned repeatedly in prior posts of mine that the unthinkable(s) is going to occur over this winter going into 2011. The American economy is going to crumble BIG-TIME induced by a crash in the monetary & banking system. This will cause a disturbance (more like havoc) in the world-wide economy.

Unfortunately, there are no happy endings for the USA, in particular, only permanent economic & societal destruction. Eventually, the dust will settle for some, but you won't like what you'll see afterwards. Be made right with GOD, beforehand, which is ONLY possible through calling on the name of Jesus Christ confessing Him as LORD & Savior. Whom out of His love willingly died for you and is able to forgive ALL your sins bringing you out of eternal damnation unto eternal life with Him (GOD) in heaven.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aMp22y9OUHA

maplesilverbug
13th December 2010, 10:06
Yeah.....I'm pretty sure god-fearing people will NOT be SAVED from hyper-inflated prices at the checkout, just like all us heathens!

Remember, Mr. Market doesn't care what you think or believe.

On that note...is there an inflation ETF? How can I go long on rates?!?
Seriously.

duneyman jr
13th December 2010, 10:18
Maybe if u goto church every Sunday god will reveal himself and save you..he is a god that can do the impossible so don't worry about anything ...just stack ur silver and when time comes u can try to trade a silver dime for loaf of bread because the other guy will eat the dime..and starve because he rather have a silver dime...in reality if shtf silver won't as much as u think if people are starving and bullets are ur friend,,,god and religion will just get people killed...inflation coming wow

dentalstud
13th December 2010, 10:36
Moose, you still calling for $36-38 silver by month end? I'm banking on your exceptionally accurate predictions! :)

Mighty Moose
13th December 2010, 12:14
Moose, you still calling for $36-38 silver by month end? I'm banking on your exceptionally accurate predictions! :)

If I'm wrong this time, it'll only because my projection was too early by a week or two at most. This is due in part to unforseen antics by the usual suspects, but that is sort of worked into the formula.

The Fed/JPM & TPPT, etc. are working overtime to keep everything still afloat. Did you see what happened in the bond market last week? These cretons wielding their freshly printed FRNs storm incogneto in orchestrated fashion coming at all the markets at once to achieve the desired effect, but they are being met with increasing suspicion & resistance. They are getting closer to the edge now as they can only push so hard for so long with their manipulation scheme.

Don't worry about things too much, if you've bought real physical silver, even at current prices because $36 & far beyond are well on their way.

Caution: Don't let greed creep in along the way. Stay content in the fact that you are doing the right thing by simply saving in/holding onto what has always been honest money (silver). Consider anything you make beyond today's retainment of your purchasing power as principal + interest due to you by the money-changers who continue to rob us with the help of government. Then turn some of it into things that you'll need for you & your family as things worsen. This is where a close relationship with the LORD will help immensely, as He'll lead you through the troubled times ahead.

skijake
13th December 2010, 13:00
A Public Acknowledgement to you Moose that your words ring true and are a comfort to many during these Storms. Thank-you!
http://www.tejamovies.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/12/Lighthouse-at-Night-3.jpg

Steadfast
13th December 2010, 13:10
Moose,
Well said on the Truth of Christ front! BRAVO!
and
If you are right, It appears it is time to buy up large supplies of some basic foods staples.
perhaps some seeds too...

MSB,
the scripture says:
44 But I say to you, love your enemies, bless those who curse you, do good to those who hate you, and pray for those who spitefully use you and persecute you, 45 that you may be sons of your Father in heaven; for He makes His sun rise on the evil and on the good, and sends rain on the just and on the unjust. Matt 5:44-45

So, yes, inflation WILL effect US too. But Jesus has ways to make things miraculously Stretch.
HE also leads us on paths that bring us to amazing deals and discoveries.
But most of all, God make our minds like calm blue skies when everything and everyone is freaking out and exploding around us.
And THAT is one of the best of all commodities in hard times!

Dunny,
Like roger, you are so incredibly, backwards, wrong,
That everything you say should be reversed in it meanings,
if one is to find any TRUTH within your words...

PS:
If any of you wish to find the calm that we KNOW in Jesus,
simply believe John 3:16
and
Obey Acts 2:38, as seen in Acts 19:1-6

jimha
13th December 2010, 13:35
And here is the deflation argument. Oh who to beleive??????????

http://www.minyanville.com/businessmarkets/articles/john-williams-inflation-deflation-hyperinflation-mish/12/13/2010/id/31655

orlando_wrx
13th December 2010, 14:04
The author at minyanville (minion-ville, the sidekicks of evil have a website?) believes that we have the largest gold holdings in the world? I already don't believe him. I'm not totally convinced either direction, but lean toward hyper-inflation. Either way I'm just gonna keep stacking physical SILVER.

silverheartbone
13th December 2010, 14:24
And here is the deflation argument. Oh who to beleive??????????

http://www.minyanville.com/businessmarkets/articles/john-williams-inflation-deflation-hyperinflation-mish/12/13/2010/id/31655

Believe what you think, what else?
What do you think?

duneyman jr
13th December 2010, 14:25
its really hard for me to believe in any religion personally...don't see how any god can send u too hell..for not praising him and beleiving in him...I lov my father unconditionally and same with my dad loving me..if I didn't worship my father would it be morally right for him to have me burnt in hell...and so many religions..why wouldn't a god reveal himself what's he got too hide as the great creater instead let's others goto war and kill over religions..and he says don't believe in false profits...there all fake too me..I haven't seen any..sounds like santa clause....but this is silver were talking I was just responding to question as faith is not goin save you or your silver when people are hungary...food is worth more then all ur silver when ur starving....sent droid motorola

duneyman jr
13th December 2010, 14:35
Looks like a freakin bible in here...thought this was bout silver...

jimha
13th December 2010, 14:53
Believe what you think, what else?
What do you think?

Doesn't really matter as silver is going up either way.

Williams says Canada won't be affected by hyperinflation so I don't have to worry. I really wonder though just how this will play out as the two economies are so interconnected.

Here is the reason Canada may not follow. A Central Bank governor that seems to get the picture.

http://www.cbc.ca/money/story/2010/12/13/carney-interest-rates-warning.html

silverheartbone
13th December 2010, 14:57

Williams says Canada won't be affected by hyperinflation so I don't have to worry. I really wonder though just how this will play out as the two economies are so interconnected.

Oh, you're a Canadian, and you think it will make a significant difference because you are there?
It won't.
If you want my expert hypothesis on the inflation/deflation situation,
I'll give it.

wdwexe
13th December 2010, 15:09
its really hard for me to believe in any religion personally...don't see how any god can send u too hell..for not praising him and beleiving in him...I lov my father unconditionally and same with my dad loving me..if I didn't worship my father would it be morally right for him to have me burnt in hell...and so many religions..why wouldn't a god reveal himself what's he got too hide as the great creater instead let's others goto war and kill over religions..and he says don't believe in false profits...there all fake too me..I haven't seen any..sounds like santa clause....but this is silver were talking I was just responding to question as faith is not goin save you or your silver when people are hungary...food is worth more then all ur silver when ur starving....sent droid motorola

Didn't your dad ever beat your ass for beeing an idiot? or stealing his coins? He could get fed up with you, cast you out, and still love you. By the way it's God !

orlando_wrx
13th December 2010, 15:45
It's kinda hard for me to follow modern Christianity when Jesus himself had said that Peter was the rock, the foundation on which His church would be formed...but then Paul claims that Peter had been led astray and conveniently found a way to reconcile Christianity to the liking of the Roman empire and implementing a tithe to the church of rome. Sounds like the origin of "robbing from peter to pay paul." Who are we to believe, Jesus or Paul? History is full of social movements that were hijacked by TPTB of the time. I do believe in the 1 God, but I tend to believe that he is the same Supreme God of all religions...just that the religions got Him wrong when they decided they each had the monopoly of the truth. When it comes down to it, I believe that spirituality is a personal walk with God and religion is a mass of people following another humans ideas.

jimha
13th December 2010, 15:51
Oh, you're a Canadian, and you think it will make a significant difference because you are there?
It won't.
If you want my expert hypothesis on the inflation/deflation situation,
I'll give it.

I don't doubt that Canada will be affected but probably not to the same degree as the U.S. Williams and others have recommended Canadian, Australian Dollars and Swiss Francs as a hedge against the U.S. dollar.

beach miner
13th December 2010, 16:18
Just imagine millions of gun toting Americans, and Mexicans surging across the Canadian border, into a country where most people are UNARMED, and believe that if they all Just Think Nice Thoughts all will be like Rainbows and Puppies. Reality is brutal to those who don't believe there is dark side. Keep stackin, Keep believin. See You At The Top.

ccjoe
13th December 2010, 16:27
You better start being a little bit nice Maple to the Mcamicans when they storm the borders!

jimha
13th December 2010, 16:28
Just imagine millions of gun toting Americans, and Mexicans surging across the Canadian border, into a country where most people are UNARMED, and believe that if they all Just Think Nice Thoughts all will be like Rainbows and Puppies. Reality is brutal to those who don't believe there is dark side. Keep stackin, Keep believin. See You At The Top.

LOL I can see it all now but don't forget to bring your toques and parkas as it gets mighty cold here.

Just noted you are posting from Alaska so you know what I am talking about.

Mighty Moose
13th December 2010, 17:08

Here is the reason Canada may not follow. A Central Bank governor that seems to get the picture.

Jimha, were you aware that our Central Bank Governor, Mark Carney, is Goldman Sachs alumni?
He worked for Goldman for over 14 years previous to being in charge of Canada's central bank for the last several years.
How convenient or is it just coincidence?

Something he said several months back regarding the 'Quantitative Easing' policies of the U.S. bothers me, too. I can't remember verbatim, but it was the notion of basically following along the same lines with respect to American (Federal Reserve) monetary policy or monetisation, i.e., printing money.

Bottom line: don't be fooled by any of these ghouls, they are all cut from the same blood-sucking cloth & talk out both sides of their crooked, fanged mouths.

Fun factoid #1: Did you also know that now 95% of all money borrowed by the Canadian government is from private banks, and at compounded interest no less? It used to be borrowed from ourselves at almost 0% through the Central Bank of Canada - which is our nationalized bank. Why did that change do you suppose? This started to occur in the mid-seventies. Since then, our national debt has grew over 10 times from aproximately 50 or 60 billion to where it is now approaching 600 billion. Out of that amount, over 400 billion has went to just servicing of the debt, i.e., interest/money paid into the pockets of the bankers!

Fun factoid #2: Canadian banks have NO reserve requirements. You heard right....ZZZERO!!! Doesn't that make for some easy financial 'trickerations' by the pin-stripe bandits. Can you say, "lack of accountability", boys & girls. If my memory serves me correctly, this legislation was brought in around the mid-nineties.

jimha
13th December 2010, 17:26
Jimha, were you aware that our Central Bank Governor, Mark Carney, is Goldman Sachs alumni?
He worked for Goldman for over 14 years previous to being in charge of Canada's central bank for the last several years.
How convenient or is it just coincidence?

Something he said several months back regarding the 'Quantitative Easing' policies of the U.S. bothers me, too. I can't remember verbatim, but it was the notion of basically following along the same lines with respect to American (Federal Reserve) monetary policy or monetisation, i.e., printing money.

Bottom line: don't be fooled by any of these ghouls, they are all cut from the same blood-sucking cloth & talk out both sides of their crooked, fanged mouths.

Fun factoid #1: Did you also know that now 95% of all money borrowed by the Canadian government is from private banks, and at compounded interest no less? It used to be borrowed from ourselves at almost 0% through the Central Bank of Canada - which is our nationalized bank. Why did that change do you suppose? This started to occur in the mid-seventies. Since then, our national debt has grew over 10 times for aproximately 50 or 60 billion to where it is now approaching 600 billion. Out of that amount, over 400 billion has went to just servicing of the debt!

Fun factoid #2: Canadian banks have NO reserve requirements. You heard right....ZZZERO!!! Doesn't that make for some easy financial 'trickerations' by the pin-stripe bandits. Can you say, "lack of accountability", boys & girls. If my memory serves me correctly, this legislation was brought in around the mid-nineties.

I know Carneys background but since he is an Alberta boy I thought he may do the right thing for the country. At least he doesn't appear as a retard like Dodge did.

Mighty Moose
13th December 2010, 17:40
I know Carneys background but since he is an Alberta boy I thought he may do the right thing for the country. At least he doesn't appear as a retard like Dodge did.

From what I understand, he was born in Fort Smith, NWT, but I think his parents left there with him when he was quite young. I seem to remember reading something about him being raised in Edmonton after that...is that correct?

Alberta boy or not, he's spent more years working for Goldman Sacks & in banking than anything else. Where or with whom can we presume his present loyalties lay?

duneyman jr
13th December 2010, 18:00
Would suck to not have any guns....in a bad situation...

jimha
13th December 2010, 18:02
From what I understand, he was born in Fort Smith, NWT, but I think his parents left there with him when he was quite young. I seem to remember reading something about him being raised in Edmonton after that...is that correct?

Alberta boy or not, he's spent more years working for Goldman Sacks & in banking than anything else. Where or with whom can we presume his present loyalties lay?

Yes he was raised in Edmonton from what I have read and I am not so cynical about him at this stage. We will see because if he doesn't start to raise rates pretty quickly after the latest CPI numbers then you are correct about his loyalties.

Mighty Moose
13th December 2010, 18:45
Would suck to not have any guns....in a bad situation...

Who are you talking about? Are you referring to Canadians because we can own just about anything that's allowed in the USA, with very few exceptions. To be fair, we have much stricter laws regarding handgun ownership & usage. Also, there's a minimal barrel-length requirement on them, too - 4 inches if I'm not mistakin.

Hunting is big revenue for our government (tourism, licences/permits/fees), not to mention there's the rights of Aboriginals (Indians) to hunt for food, so they'll never ban the majority of guns, otherwise they'd be 'shooting themselves in the foot', both economically & politically.

We'll likely still be legally allowed to own at least rifles & shotguns, here in Canada, long after martial law is declared in the U.S. & your government prohibits ALL & ANY form of gun ownership. This is the likely reality that is eventually coming.

maplesilverbug
13th December 2010, 19:30

Are you serious?!?!
ANYTHING using FIAT will be affected by hyperinflation!
Did you read that article? Canada is in just a crappy situation as the US, just a different brand of crap.
It would be extremely wise of the BoC to raise rates to start jettisoning some of the (personal) debt load we carry.
Trying to "save" the economy through low-rate spending is...well...down right mcmerican! And look how that's worked out!
Jack the rates by just enough so the dead and weak fall/fail, and the rest of us save like hell and throw everything else at debt.

Take a look around the globe -- you KNOW what's coming down the pike! Why even listen to a banker!!!

Have at 'er "Free Trade" buddies! Y'all can come up here and freeze, I'll cash in my silver and go buy a nice house down in San Diego for cheap.
Besides that, exactly WHY would they all come to Canada? The ultimate stoopid move. You think there are jobs or bottomless unemployment cheques here for 200 million more people?
Not only that, but they would all have to exchange their hyperinflated currency to C$, which would net them an extremely poor lifestyle.
And I wouldn't put too much stock in the whole "unarmed" thing. We have arms, baby, just that we don't go out shootin' in the streets.

You better start being a little bit nice Maple to the Mcamicans when they storm the borders!

I'll just treat the storming mcmericans like they treat the storming Mexicans. :)

jimha
13th December 2010, 19:55
Are you serious?!?!
Did you read that article? Canada is in just a crappy situation as the US, just a different brand of crap.
It would be extremely wise of the BoC to raise rates to start jettisoning some of the (personal) debt load we carry.
Trying to "save" the economy through low-rate spending is...well...down right mcmerican! And look how that's worked out!
Jack the rates by just enough so the dead and weak fall/fail, and the rest of us save like hell and throw everything else at debt.

Take a look around the globe -- you KNOW what's coming down the pike! Why even listen to a banker!!!

As I said on subsequent posts Carney will have to start raising rates pronto.

Mighty Moose
13th December 2010, 20:18
As I said on subsequent posts Carney will have to start raising rates pronto.

I think its like Maple said, " [He'll] jack the rates by just enough so the dead and weak fall/fail, and the rest of us save like hell and throw everything else at debt."

ccjoe
13th December 2010, 20:52
Are you serious?!?!

Have at 'er "Free Trade" buddies! Y'all can come up here and freeze, I'll cash in my silver and go buy a nice house down in San Diego for cheap.
Besides that, exactly WHY would they all come to Canada? The ultimate stoopid move. You think there are jobs or bottomless unemployment cheques here for 200 million more people?
Not only that, but they would all have to exchange their hyperinflated currency to C$, which would net them an extremely poor lifestyle.
And I wouldn't put too much stock in the whole "unarmed" thing. We have arms, baby, just that we don't go out shootin' in the streets.

I'll just treat the storming mcmericans like they treat the storming Mexicans. :)

"Remember the Alamo!"

Ardent Listener
13th December 2010, 21:45
Since this is about hyperinflation I dug out an old post in an old thread. It's not encourging, but I can't help but feel he was more right than wrong.

research24 (http://forums.silverseek.com/member.php?1040-research24)

http://forums.silverseek.com/images/BP-White/site_icons/profile.png View Profile (http://forums.silverseek.com/member.php?1040-research24)
http://forums.silverseek.com/images/BP-White/site_icons/forum.png View Forum Posts (http://forums.silverseek.com/search.php?do=finduser&userid=1040&contenttype=vBForum_Post&showposts=1)

http://forums.silverseek.com/images/BP-White/statusicon/user-offline.png Senior Member Forum Contributor

Join DateJun 2008LocationFlorida -The Redneck RivieraPosts1,735
http://forums.silverseek.com/images/icons/icon1.gif Devaluation, Hyper Inflation Coming Soon

The principle we need to grasp in order to understand what the future holds is that our gargantuan debt will be LIQUIDATED very soon because it is not sustainable. There are only two ways to do that, inflation and devaluation. They've tried the former and its not working.

Surprise, surprise! Obama-Pelosi are talking about cutting taxes and another money flood. This on top of the Fed now monetizing the debt at an incredible rate. This is bad news for the dollar for it means that a devaluation is inevitable. There is virtually no other way out of liquidating our mountain of debt. Printing money alone cannot cause hyper inflation in a deflating economy, but a devaluation can since in one fell swoop it reduces the value of money whereas printing takes months and years to accomplish.

This means that hyper inflation is also inevitable, but its not going to work out in the way most people think. We will see huge price increases but not concurrent personal income increases. Why? Because the price increases will come almost entirely from imports, which are just about all physical goods we buy. Thus, the inflation will result in instant poverty across the board. The middle class will be virtually wiped out. As prices soar, so will the price of precious metals and silver owners will celebrate. But the celebration will be very short as the G&S price gains are wiped out by the incredible cost of goods. I don't foresee my investment in silver doing me much good for very long. Perhaps if I had a couple million invested, it might, but I don't. Hyperinflation will gobble up my gains in a heartbeat.

US gov will no longer have any credit and will be forced, just like Argentina, Zimbabwe, to continue to print money to pay its enormous bills. This will eventually wipe out all debt as well as credit. It will create enormous make-work projects a la FDR that will further drain the economy, bringing it into a predominately socialist state in which private industry cannot function. Will Obama become another Robert Mugabe? I suspect he's smarter than that, and his speech yesterday was more intelligent than I expected. He will, however, make ALL the mistakes that Roosevelt made. This is Great Depression II and it will be a lot worse.

http://forums.silverseek.com/showthread.php?2830-Devaluation-Hyper-Inflation-Coming-Soon&highlight=hyperinflation

skijake
13th December 2010, 22:01
Since this is about hyperinflation I dug out an old post in an old thread. It's not encourging, but I can't help but feel he was more right than wrong.

research24 (http://forums.silverseek.com/member.php?1040-research24)

http://forums.silverseek.com/images/BP-White/site_icons/profile.png View Profile (http://forums.silverseek.com/member.php?1040-research24)
http://forums.silverseek.com/images/BP-White/site_icons/forum.png View Forum Posts (http://forums.silverseek.com/search.php?do=finduser&userid=1040&contenttype=vBForum_Post&showposts=1)

http://forums.silverseek.com/images/BP-White/statusicon/user-offline.png Senior Member Forum Contributor

Join DateJun 2008LocationFlorida -The Redneck RivieraPosts1,735
http://forums.silverseek.com/images/icons/icon1.gif Devaluation, Hyper Inflation Coming Soon

The principle we need to grasp in order to understand what the future holds is that our gargantuan debt will be LIQUIDATED very soon because it is not sustainable. There are only two ways to do that, inflation and devaluation. They've tried the former and its not working.

Surprise, surprise! Obama-Pelosi are talking about cutting taxes and another money flood. This on top of the Fed now monetizing the debt at an incredible rate. This is bad news for the dollar for it means that a devaluation is inevitable. There is virtually no other way out of liquidating our mountain of debt. Printing money alone cannot cause hyper inflation in a deflating economy, but a devaluation can since in one fell swoop it reduces the value of money whereas printing takes months and years to accomplish.

This means that hyper inflation is also inevitable, but its not going to work out in the way most people think. We will see huge price increases but not concurrent personal income increases. Why? Because the price increases will come almost entirely from imports, which are just about all physical goods we buy. Thus, the inflation will result in instant poverty across the board. The middle class will be virtually wiped out. As prices soar, so will the price of precious metals and silver owners will celebrate. But the celebration will be very short as the G&S price gains are wiped out by the incredible cost of goods. I don't foresee my investment in silver doing me much good for very long. Perhaps if I had a couple million invested, it might, but I don't. Hyperinflation will gobble up my gains in a heartbeat.
US gov will no longer have any credit and will be forced, just like Argentina, Zimbabwe, to continue to print money to pay its enormous bills. This will eventually wipe out all debt as well as credit. It will create enormous make-work projects a la FDR that will further drain the economy, bringing it into a predominately socialist state in which private industry cannot function. Will Obama become another Robert Mugabe? I suspect he's smarter than that, and his speech yesterday was more intelligent than I expected. He will, however, make ALL the mistakes that Roosevelt made. This is Great Depression II and it will be a lot worse.

http://forums.silverseek.com/showthread.php?2830-Devaluation-Hyper-Inflation-Coming-Soon&highlight=hyperinflation

Research as much as admitted he didn't have enough invested in PM's. {not just in this piece but in subsuquent posts also, and I'm not talking about millions of dollars worth}
To me it's like knowing the outcome of a Horse-race prior to the race.
The 100-1 longshot is cool but if you only bet $2 you're not really taking advantage of your inside information in a very intelligent manner.
Yes it's probably true that a $100 bag of Roosevelt dimes will probably not be the safe harbor that some are hoping for although I'm sure it's better than a bag of $1 bills.

maplesilverbug
14th December 2010, 00:59
But the celebration will be very short as the G&S price gains are wiped out by the incredible cost of goods. I don't foresee my investment in silver doing me much good for very long. Perhaps if I had a couple million invested, it might, but I don't. Hyperinflation will gobble up my gains in a heartbeat.

Yes it's probably true that a $100 bag of Roosevelt dimes will probably not be the safe harbor that some are hoping for although I'm sure it's better than a bag of $1 bills.

As I've posted, $100 silver will be accompanied by $10 gallons of gas.

All those people out there with single or double or even triple digit stacks...it won't save them for long.

What we all need to do is STOP thinking about silver in terms of DOLLARS, and devise personal plans for how to utilize whatever silver we have.
The silver is merely the tool, without the skill driving it, it doesn't do much.

A fantastic example is THIS GUY (http://oneredpaperclip.blogspot.com/p/one-red-paperclip-project.html) from a few years back -- he got a HOUSE for a PAPERCLIP!

What will you be able to get with your silver?!? ;)

duneyman jr
14th December 2010, 06:00
If you all really believe silver is the answer too barter with then why dont. You invest in bottle water and food now...most americans won't care about your silver if the shtf..food will be king along with batteries and flashlights guns and ammo...shoes clothes....gas ..no ones goin give a rats ass bout silver in the usa....they don't even know silver from nickel...ask ur friends or family if they were in a plane wreck if you could buy there last water for a pound of silver. I believe its good hold silver instead of paper money for all the other reasons. Reality check people.and at least in america we have lots of farmland to eat from..bigger cities people would just shoot each other in a shtf situation..so guns are your friend for personal protection not silver unless there bullets.

Ardent Listener
14th December 2010, 06:57
If you all really believe silver is the answer too barter with then why dont. You invest in bottle water and food now...most americans won't care about your silver if the shtf..food will be king along with batteries and flashlights guns and ammo...shoes clothes....gas ..no ones goin give a rats ass bout silver in the usa....they don't even know silver from nickel...ask ur friends or family if they were in a plane wreck if you could buy there last water for a pound of silver. I believe its good hold silver instead of paper money for all the other reasons. Reality check people.and at least in america we have lots of farmland to eat from..bigger cities people would just shoot each other in a shtf situation..so guns are your friend for personal protection not silver unless there bullets.

Sure, in an extream situation no one is going to trade the last of their food for a silver dollar. But if civilization continues in any shape or form then a money system will re-surface and I got a hunch that it will be based on metals. Especially silver. Then Americans will give a rat's ass about silver if not before.

S1lverBullet
14th December 2010, 08:23
Who are you talking about? Are you referring to Canadians because we can own just about anything that's allowed in the USA, with very few exceptions. To be fair, we have much stricter laws regarding handgun ownership & usage. Also, there's a minimal barrel-length requirement on them, too - 4 inches if I'm not mistakin.

Hunting is big revenue for our government (tourism, licences/permits/fees), not to mention there's the rights of Aboriginals (Indians) to hunt for food, so they'll never ban the majority of guns, otherwise they'd be 'shooting themselves in the foot', both economically & politically.

We'll likely still be legally allowed to own at least rifles & shotguns, here in Canada, long after martial law is declared in the U.S. & your government prohibits ALL & ANY form of gun ownership. This is the likely reality that is eventually coming.

I'd really like to see the dip shits in our government come and try to take our guns from us. It would be good target practice. If your looking to start a civil war, that is probably the quickest way that you could do it.

Ardent Listener
14th December 2010, 08:39
If your looking to start a civil war, that is probably the quickest way that you could do it.

That's so true, even Obama didn't dare mess with our guns.........yet.

maplesilverbug
14th December 2010, 09:29
I'd really like to see the dip shits in our government come and try to take our guns from us. It would be good target practice. If your looking to start a civil war, that is probably the quickest way that you could do it.

That's so true, even Obama didn't dare mess with our guns.........yet.

But....youse guys don't even USE your guns!!!
(that is, for anything else beside shooting each other)

Isn't it your RIGHT to have and use guns?
Isn't it your RIGHT to kick out a government that fucks up and erodes your country and citizenry?

In the past two years, with all that has gone on and everything that has come to light, there hasn't been ONE shot fired.

Obama doesn't need to "mess with your guns", you have already rendered them impotent.

S1lverBullet
14th December 2010, 11:07

Isn't it your RIGHT to kick out a government that fucks up and erodes your country and citizenry?

In the past two years, with all that has gone on and everything that has come to light, there hasn't been ONE shot fired.

Obama doesn't need to "mess with your guns", you have already rendered them impotent.

Yes its our right, but we are still a peaceful people by nature. We are holding out because we still think we can win peacefully through elections. Remember it took many years of griping by our Founders to England before anyone picked up a gun, and it was a last option. Things haven't changed, and we won't be the first to pick up guns, but we will use them if we are forced to defend ourselves.

maplesilverbug
14th December 2010, 19:16
Yes its our right, but we are still a peaceful people by nature.

You are absolutely kidding, right?

Have a glance at either one (or both) of these two pages:

List of wars involving the United States. (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_wars_involving_the_United_States)

Timeline of United States military operations. (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Timeline_of_United_States_military_operations)

The United States of America was FOUNDED on WAR.
And that tradition has never stopped for over 200 years.

maplesilverbug
14th December 2010, 19:36
A conundrum:

Brazil is one of the world's fastest growing economies, ~9% per year.
Yet their inflation rate floats between 25-30%.

I ask, how does this work?
(Do they have hyperinflation? Or is it merely their natural inflation?)

I also ask, what the hell is wrong with N.America?
We have "official" inflation of...0%? 1%?...and our economies are, at best, stagnant.
Boy do we suck. Hope you all enjoyed "the good ol' days" whilst they were here!

PlataTruth
14th December 2010, 20:22
Most people in South America are accustomed to prices in the grocery stores going up WEEKLY. We will see how it goes over up here.

What is Truth?
14th December 2010, 20:32
A conundrum:

Brazil is one of the world's fastest growing economies, ~9% per year.
Yet their inflation rate floats between 25-30%.

I ask, how does this work?
(Do they have hyperinflation? Or is it merely their natural inflation?)

I also ask, what the hell is wrong with N.America?
We have "official" inflation of...0%? 1%?...and our economies are, at best, stagnant.
Boy do we suck. Hope you all enjoyed "the good ol' days" whilst they were here!

Perhaps there is a major difference between such inflation in a growing economy than the stagflation North America has today? Just asking.

What is Truth?
14th December 2010, 20:40

When the Crown wanted to impose a tax to pay for the French and Indian wars in North America most (13), but not all the colonies did take up arms. Can you tell me the names of the colonies that didn't join in? You, as a Canadian, lecture us about revolution?

maplesilverbug
14th December 2010, 20:55
Perhaps there is a major difference between such inflation in a growing economy than the stagflation North America has today? Just asking.

I don't know.
It seems weird that both would be happening at the same time.
High rates would deter both lending and spending, but spur savings.
At least that is the theory...?

What is Truth?
14th December 2010, 21:01
I don't know.
It seems weird that both would be happening at the same time.
High rates would deter both lending and spending, but spur savings.
At least that is the theory...?

Maybe it is that Brazil has so much potential that foreign money is more than willing to take the risk with their capital. It has to be forign capital that is funding Barzil and India too.

maplesilverbug
14th December 2010, 21:11
When the Crown wanted to impose a tax to pay for the French and Indian wars in North America most (13), but not all the colonies did take up arms. Can you tell me the names of the colonies that didn't join in? You, as a Canadian, lecture us about revolution?

Canadians are also not bred with a DNA-bound love, nay, obsession for their Constitution (or at least the few points that the greater public can rattle off).

Yours is the country in love with gunz, albeit mis/unused.

All I'm saying is, your citizens have the power of RIGHTS to fix certain issues, yet for all their squawking they do nothing.
So what good are your rights if you never utilize them?

Voting and "democracy" will just bring more and more of the same, on both sides of the border.

What is Truth?
14th December 2010, 21:17
Canadians are also not bred with a DNA-bound love, nay, obsession for their Constitution (or at least the few points that the greater public can rattle off).

All I'm saying is, your citizens have the power of RIGHTS to fix certain issues, yet for all their squawking they do nothing.

Voting and "democracy" will just bring more and more of the same, on both sides of the border.

That's true, but unless Canadians are willing to join the fight this time then shut up about it. Just kidding good buddy. :)

maplesilverbug
14th December 2010, 21:32
That's true, but unless Canadians are willing to join the fight this time then shut up about it. Just kidding good buddy. :)

We have our own crappy government to deal with.

Like our auto bailout.
$14 billion to "save" 100,000 votes...I mean jobs.
$2 billion repaid. Don't expect we'll see any more.
Wish I had a bloated union tire-putter-on-er job+pension worth $120,000...y'know, the kind worth bailing out.

And take my adopted might-as-well-be-California province -- we are currently LEADERLESS.
The heads of both major parties just recently quit (due to being so shitty).
No one is running the ship!
Gotta love politicians.

Your jails are already quit literally overflowing, if a million of you all took out your guns and acted colonial...I'm sure a large portion would get away with it, as there would be no where to house you! (Forget your rights, "they" would find some way to make it illegal and arrest you!)

That's why I formulated Rule #1: take care of yourself first!

Do absolutely everything possible that evades the scabby fingers of government, and work down from there.
Fully entrenched people will get nothing but more and more of the same -- just deeper and harder as time goes on.
Live on the fringe a little, the air is cleaner. ;)

skijake
14th December 2010, 21:37

I'll call a Spade a Spade.
You are right about this with the one caveat.
I'm seeing {as a general statement} how way less than a majority of the population in a country or a business for that matter really make it fly.
I'm not sure what the actual % is that makes something a go or a no-go but it's obvious America has plenty of sheeple and our public education system by and large has not helped.
There are plenty of Americans who know what's up but they have to persuade the rest who know all the winners of American Idol for the last 10 seasons that there's more to life than gearing up for Season 11.
Season 12 may be a deal-breaker one way or another.
http://conspiracygrimoire.com/wp-content/uploads/american-idol-gett_871ea2d.jpg

maplesilverbug
14th December 2010, 21:56
I'll call a Spade a Spade.
You are right about this with the one caveat.
I'm seeing {as a general statement} how way less than a majority of the population in a country or a business for that matter really make it fly.
I'm not sure what the actual % is that makes something a go or a no-go but it's obvious America has plenty of sheeple and our public education system by and large has not helped.
There are plenty of Americans who know what's up but they have to persuade the rest who know all the winners of American Idol for the last 10 seasons that there's more to life than gearing up for Season 11.
Season 12 may be a deal-breaker one way or another.
http://conspiracygrimoire.com/wp-content/uploads/american-idol-gett_871ea2d.jpg

All I can say is...Canadian Idol was cancelled!!! :p
I can also say...why did they even bother in the first place?!?

You are correct in that a smaller wedge of the pie is controlling things, from power to money.
But if you want to spend all your time, talent, skill, and energies trying to persuade 10 or 100 people that something MUST be done...I'm afraid you have a terribly long and rocky road ahead of you. There have been incredibly few leaders throughout history who contain the "magic mix" to persuade the entire populace of a nation to change and enact action (Ghandi off the top of my head); I think it safe to say you or I, or anyone on this board does not belong to that group.

Back to Rule #1: take care of yourself first!

That's all I'm sayin'.

Cup-of-Ruin
15th December 2010, 00:48
NO FATE, 88, World Without End.

MikeJ
15th December 2010, 03:35
Don't take us for a bunch of gullible fools. Isn't disaster ALWAYS a few months away, but, of course, it rarely comes to pass. I want my disaster NOW, RIGHT F......Now. An explosion would be nice too, since I want to become rich so badly !

John Williams is a brilliant economist. YOU are an idiot, I'll follow John's advice.

Gino
15th December 2010, 05:02
An ocean of money crashing against the precious metal lighthouse. An aware person would step inside to safety about now. . .

http://i764.photobucket.com/albums/xx283/BobChap/lighthouse.jpg

Shadowstats is a beacon of truth.

Matthew Shelley
15th December 2010, 09:30
John Williams is a brilliant economist. YOU are an idiot, I'll follow John's advice.

First two axioms of Economists:
Axiom #1. "For each and every economist, there is an equal, and totally opposite economist."
Axiom #2. "They're both wrong."

If you took every economist in the world and laid them end to end, they wouldn't reach a conclusion.

I studied economics when I was in college. Dismal science is a rosy and quite complimentary description.

Matt

What is Truth?
15th December 2010, 09:37
This hyperinflation in a few months business has been way over-done around here. It could happen, but once your call out over and over that the sky is falling and it doesn't you tend to lose your credibility. More likely we will see more inflation by Spring but not hyperinflation. That is good for silver prices too by the way.