PDA

View Full Version : Simple Silver Strategy

Irishfan1
10th December 2010, 10:40
For all the panickers out there. This will help give you more peace if you follow these guidelines.

1. Learn about candlestick charts.

2. Keep a chunk of your silver liquid. Mining stocks, or have some of your physical silver at bulliondirect.com where you can buy and sell your silver like at a stock market, they have live bid prices with limit orders.

3. When you see the charts say theres going to be a pullback which it did early this week. Sell a portion of your position.

4. Wait a while, when you see prices stabilize and the charts look better hop back in.

Since I started this I sleep better and make more money. When you see it go down after you came off some of your position you will feel like the smartest guy in the room.:cool:

silverheartbone
10th December 2010, 10:53
For all the panickers out there. This will help give you more peace if you follow these guidelines.

1. Learn about candlestick charts.

2. Keep a chunk of your silver liquid. Mining stocks, or have some of your physical silver at bulliondirect.com where you can buy and sell your silver like at a stock market, they have live bid prices with limit orders.

3. When you see the charts say theres going to be a pullback which it did early this week. Sell a portion of your position.

4. Wait a while, when you see prices stabilize and the charts look better hop back in.

Since I started this I sleep better and make more money. When you see it go down after you came off some of your position you will feel like the smartest guy in the room.:cool:

Paper silver only, just as you indicated.

It would be very foolish to try that with physical in these times of bullion shortage.

kvanar
10th December 2010, 11:07
Sounds like a good sensible strategy.
I would have to second Bone's comment about using such strategy consistently for physical though.

skijake
10th December 2010, 11:12

It would be very foolish to try that with physical in these times of bullion shortage.

Great point.
Just look at the on-line PM dealers and see the delayed shiping dates or complete lack of availability for a majority of products.
You give up your seat to take a break and when you come back you see someone has taken your seat and he's not giving it up.
http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_LJtEOTXVFxM/SsfpXgTK4II/AAAAAAAADK8/4bvu2lLVmog/s800/baby+bear+in+chair.jpg

Ardent Listener
10th December 2010, 11:14
I would like to add, hold on to your physical, buy with money you shouldn't need anytime soon and bury your physical so deep that it will be half way to China.

maplesilverbug
10th December 2010, 19:35

Really?
Where is that happening exactly?

Cuz I'm pretty sure any one of us on here, and anyone else on the planet, can go out and get some silver right this minute.

maplesilverbug
10th December 2010, 19:38
Great point.
Just look at the on-line PM dealers and see the delayed shiping dates or complete lack of availability for a majority of products.
You give up your seat to take a break and when you come back you see someone has taken your seat and he's not giving it up.

You guys need to find NEW dealers!!!
I've been buying online since late '08 and have never had shortages or delivery delays -- ever.

What is Truth?
10th December 2010, 19:45
I've been buying online since late '08 and have never had shortages or delivery delays -- ever.

Amen! Sorry, you're non-religious. ;) That shortage B.S. is just a dealer waiting for a dip to fill his orders with.

What is Truth?
10th December 2010, 19:51
Great point.
http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_LJtEOTXVFxM/SsfpXgTK4II/AAAAAAAADK8/4bvu2lLVmog/s800/baby+bear+in+chair.jpg

Tuff day at the office.

skijake
10th December 2010, 21:08

Maple, You're just being argumentatve for the sake of disagreeing.
If you walked onto a car dealers lot looking for a black 4 door sedan and he could only show you one black hatch back and a red 4 door but also some vans and a couple of sports cars you might think there are some shortages.
If the salesman told you they were having problems getting them, you might think to believe him.
If you go to the dealer in another town and you experience the same thing you might think it's a trend.
If some guy who lives in a glacier says he has plenty of black 4 doors, well you probably just have to take his word for it.
I'm guessing APMEX doesn't deliver to the Arctic but alot of us who live where the ambient mean temperature is over -12 do, and they're back-ordered or out of a large variety of product. Yes they do have Silver for sale and some products are available. Not most of their product line however.
It's just a fact, nothing else.

silverheartbone
10th December 2010, 21:44
Really?
Where is that happening exactly?

Cuz I'm pretty sure any one of us on here, and anyone else on the planet, can go out and get some silver right this minute.
Are you sure?
I'd estimate that far less than half could do it.
And in places that it was once available, the reports indicate that it ain't no more.
Perhaps you've overrepresented your locality in your mental stereotype?

buffalo3
10th December 2010, 22:53
Thank God for the physacarities. Yea I know misspelled.

maplesilverbug
11th December 2010, 01:50
Are you sure?
I'd estimate that far less than half could do it.
And in places that it was once available, the reports indicate that it ain't no more.
Perhaps you've overrepresented your locality in your mental stereotype?

True. Seeing as how 50% of the world's population is dead broke.
And the other 49% just confuses debt for wealth.

Trah lah lah! :)

p.s. -- please show me facts of exactly where this phantom silver shortage is occurring at the retail level. Thanks.

What is Truth?
11th December 2010, 18:25
p.s. -- please show me facts of exactly where this phantom silver shortage is occurring at the retail level. Thanks.

Though I don't see any physical shortage the price has gone up over 30% in very recent months. Higher prices always tends to bring more silver out of hoarding and into the market. If silver dropped to $15 I expect we would see a lot less of it around. I bought my local dealer's last 100 ounce bar the other day. He had 3 more but shipped them out. Why didn't he hold on to them and sell them for more locally? I assume it is because he didn't want to take the risk that silver would fall. So if you called him after I bought his last big bar he too would have said, "I'm out of big bar silver".

maplesilverbug
11th December 2010, 18:46
Though I don't see any physical shortage the price has gone up over 30% in very recent months. Higher prices always tends to bring more silver out of hoarding and into the market. If silver dropped to $15 I expect we would see a lot less of it around. I bought my local dealer's last 100 ounce bar the other day. He had 3 more but shipped them out. Why didn't he hold on to them and sell them for more locally? I assume it is because he didn't want to take the risk that silver would fall. So if you called him after I bought his last big bar he too would have said, "I'm out of big bar silver".

Exactly.
He's out of ONE type of silver.
It's like going to the grocery store and if they are sold out of your favorite double stuff Oreos that doesn't mean the whole store (and every other store) is completely devoid of food!

What is Truth?
11th December 2010, 19:14
Exactly.
He's out of ONE type of silver.
It's like going to the grocery store and if they are sold out of your favorite double stuff Oreos that doesn't mean the whole store (and every other store) is completely devoid of food!

Even back in the "silver shortage" after the 08 crash I could buy as many 100 ounce bars as I wanted. Yes, the premium was $1.50-$2.00 an ounce over spot but I could and did get them. 1,000 ounce bars? "How many do you want?" was their reply. I wish I would have said 5.