PDA

View Full Version : My first silver advertisement.

silverheartbone
4th December 2010, 09:49
For Sale : $10 face value U.S. SILVER COINS - $225 (Florissant Valley)

Are ALL of your eggs in one casket?
Are ALL of your financial investments in Federal Reserve Note denominated accounts?

To help you diversify,
I have a ten dollar ($10) roll of forty (40) pre 1965 Washington quarters,
and a ten dollar ($10) roll of twenty (20) 1964 Kennedy halves.

Protect a bit of your wealth and acquire some REAL MONEY before the huge run up.

A roll of Washington quarters has 40 coins
and is valued at $212.53 when silver bid is quoted at $29.38 / oz.
A roll of 1964 Kennedy half dollars has 20 coins
and is valued at $212.53 when silver bid is quoted at $29.38 / oz.

Make an offer of at least $225 per roll for consideration.

Below is a 37 year chart of the average price in silver
with the start of every year reset at 100.
Buy the end of June and sell the end of September,
then buy the end of November and sell on Valentine's Day.
Or just buy and hold to sell only when you need to,
like for property taxes. :(
It's a good thing there's no property tax on silver.
90% is REAL MONEY.

Just trying to do my part to boost silver prices.
Should be an interesting experiment and experience.

Ardent Listener
4th December 2010, 12:42
If you want to boost silver prices then wouldn't it be better to buy more instead of selling?

orlando_wrx
4th December 2010, 14:39
Unless he plans to buy bullion with the $225. I'd say the best advice would be to recommend purchasing silver from the source closest to production that you can find to take physical straight out of the market. No offense bone, but I really think you should hold onto all that you've got...you"ll be sorry that you sold now!

silverheartbone
4th December 2010, 14:57
One casket? Good one!
TYVM

If you want to boost silver prices then wouldn't it be better to buy more instead of selling?
Yes, but one has to do what one has to do and I'll need funds soon for property taxes with employment prospects dim to grim.
I figure I better get in front of things and sell a little now and hopefully more a bit later at a higher, not lower price.
As an ex-contract worker and ex-substitute teacher (I've recently overqualified myself) I have not seen any unemployment compensation since the year 2000. You know how unfair that was to see others get 99 weeks on the dole? Delete the federal government and our economy will get better.

Unless he plans to buy bullion with the $225. I'd say the best advice would be to recommend purchasing silver from the source closest to production that you can find to take physical straight out of the market. No offense bone, but I really think you should hold onto all that you've got...you"ll be sorry that you sold now!
I am already sorry, but at least the price is up from taking a loss even though I did buy my first silver in 1981, there is no FIFO accounting and my first buy was bullion not junk. If there was FIFO then my original 29 year old $9.90 silver is still sitting at a loss after inflation.

I intend to sell a nice chunk and there are many rolls for sale, a couple at a time.
I'm dumping the Washington quarters and Kennedy halves because they look like the circulating clad coins.

AgShaman
4th December 2010, 15:19
I wish they had a section on this forum for members to buy and sell from/to each other.

Some have been here long enough to not get lumped into the trickery/spam category.

Even if we personally do not wish to make the transaction happen....because of our big mouths....we know a newbie or two that is trying to build their stack and would wanna get in on this action.

Don't really think that forum section will happen....I think the owners of this site have their own "selling" side business.

I'm gonna have to move myself...from the Craigs list format....too many cash poor americanos to shell out cash for silver bars....I'll probably have to deal with the dealers.

Good luck....if you never find a buyer for the junk silver....you can always ship it to the refiner and have it turned into 999 bullion....but that's an end of the road scenerio....you would no doubt find a buyer somewhere.

Cannonballers: Making the World of Precious Metals Investing a Better Place....and chicks lounging around poolside, a little more wet!

silverheartbone
4th December 2010, 15:27
I wish they had a section on this forum for members to buy and sell from/to each other.

Some have been here long enough to not get lumped into the trickery/spam category.

Even if we personally do not wish to make the transaction happen....because of our big mouths....we know a newbie or two that is trying to build their stack and would wanna get in on this action.

Don't really think that forum section will happen....I think the owners of this site have their own "selling" side business.

I'm gonna have to move myself...from the Craigs list format....too many cash poor americanos to shell out cash for silver bars....I'll probably have to deal with the dealers.

Good luck....if you never find a buyer for the junk silver....you can always ship it to the refiner and have it turned into 999 bullion....but that's an end of the road scenerio....you would no doubt find a buyer somewhere.

Cannonballers: Making the World of Precious Metals Investing a Better Place....and chicks lounging around poolside, a little more wet!

Thank you sir.
I have both a Craigslist buyer at 20 x face, coinshop offer at 19.5,
but don't want to lose over 10% unless I have to go that way.
I'm planning on selling up to a dozen rolls between now and the end of the year.

If FRNs will be around internationally much longer than that, I'll be impressed.
It'll be hard to pay the local taxes without them, so I figure the government will still be asking for them.

AgShaman
4th December 2010, 15:49
That you are still deliberating within your mind's eye about getting out of dodge (MO) and finding a better environment should social unrest move into the picture. Spokane and the county just layed off 54 police officers the other day. They ran a piece on the Tele....advising citizens to partner within their neighborhoods to prevent the obvious crime increases on the horizon....even suggesting the re-bar of windows and entry points as well as other protectionary measures. Municipalities are facing cutbacks because they are broke....and their jobless tax base will no longer support them.

Europe riots now....the U.S. will come later, but I think it will come. Many still subscribe to the idea that a false flag could still be on the horizon. I had a dream last night that I was caught with my pants down and had no pills for the "dirty bomb's" fallout. Things are getting weird....they are having little trouble keeping the sheeple asleep about 600 dollar health care "curve balls" and food modernization acts. People should consider finding the spot for their bunker and arming themselves with food and bullets. The sheeple will continue to visit the circus shows until the "event" ruins their life.

Curiosity will not kill this Cat!

orlando_wrx
4th December 2010, 20:28
I'm sorry to hear of the $ situation heartbone, I'm newley registered but have been reading the site for a few months and your posts were some of the first few I came across. Because of this first positive exposure I knew there were people "in the know" here. Hope you have enough stacked for the long haul. I truely believe this bull will continue to the "end."

maplesilverbug
4th December 2010, 21:15
Below is a 37 year chart of the average price in silver
with the start of every year reset at 100.
Buy the end of June and sell the end of September,
then buy the end of November and sell on Valentine's Day.

Except in the last five years:
(maybe more, but I didn't want to do that much work :) )

June: 7.10
Sept: 7.53 (gain)
Nov: 8.12 (buy at loss)
Feb: 9.22 (gain)
Net Gain/Loss = +$1.53/oz

June: 10.70 (buy at loss)
Sept: 11.55 (gain)
Nov: 13.68 (buy at loss)
Feb: 13.96 (gain)
Net Gain/Loss = +$1.13/oz

June: 12.54
Sept: 13.65 (gain)
Nov: 14.23 (buy at loss)
Feb: 17.26 (gain)
Net Gain/Loss = +$4.14/oz

June: 17.65 (buy at loss)
Sept: 12.96 (loss)
Nov: 10.12
Feb: 13.37 (gain)
Net Gain/Loss = -$1.44/oz

June: 13.94 (buying at loss)
Sept: 16.45 (gain)
Nov: 18.14 (buying at loss)
Feb: 15.33 (loss)
Net Gain/Loss = -$0.30/oz

June: 18.74 (buy at loss)
Sept: 22.07 (gain)
Nov: 27.13 (buy at loss)
Feb: ???
Net Gain/Loss = +$3.33/oz thus far

Total = +$8.39/oz

All Nets are solely buy/sell groupings, not y-o-y.
To make it more realistic, you could not buy the same amount of ounces if you were cycling through. You would be loosing wealth.
Only TWICE in the last five years could you have bought back in cheaper than when you sold.

Buy and hold would have netted you $22.30/oz (+165%) more; probably a lot more if you factor in premiums.

What is Truth?
4th December 2010, 22:34
37 years is a long time. What happened even 20 years ago may not be really relevant to what is going on today or over even the past 7 years. Perhaps if silver were only or mostly an industrial commodity like zinc then long term seasonal chart would hold more water with me.

valerb
5th December 2010, 05:44
37 years is a long time. What happened even 20 years ago may not be really relevant to what is going on today or over even the past 7 years. Perhaps if silver were only or mostly an industrial commodity like zinc then long term seasonal chart would hold more water with me.

You mentioned Zinc and I saw someone selling Zinc bars on E-bay as a store of wealth. I guess if it comes in bar form, someone will buy it.

SilverHawk
6th December 2010, 03:24
Looks like a good one to bump

silverheartbone
6th December 2010, 06:43
I'm sorry to hear of the $ situation heartbone, I'm newley registered but have been reading the site for a few months and your posts were some of the first few I came across. Because of this first positive exposure I knew there were people "in the know" here. Hope you have enough stacked for the long haul. I truely believe this bull will continue to the "end."
Thanks for the kind words orlando_wrx.

I also come here so I can catch the thoughts of those "in the know" so that one day I may feel that I have a handle on what is happening all around.

May this forum live long and prosper.