PDA

View Full Version : How high silver and what do you think the next couple of years will look like?

S1lverBullet
2nd December 2010, 08:29
Does silver go to 250 and above, does the U.S. and Europe collapse? Do the Chinese occupy California? I am very worried about the state of the union, I think soon we will see things that we never thought we would see in our life time. I don't want to straight come out and say that we will see world war 3 or another civil war, but the thought crosses my mind several times a day. Scary things are happening in this country right now, all good for silver and gold though. I'm lucky that I live in the breadbasket of the flyover states so the impact here should be cushioned greatly. Sorry to you boys that live in the cities, because **** is going to get real there pretty soon I have a feeling. Just wondering what comments the senior members on this board have about this post, thanks!

Zeus
2nd December 2010, 10:00
Or you could read real history and see that fiat currency's have collapsed hundreds of times in the last 5000 years.........

IT WILL COLLAPSE................GUARANTEED................ .

the question is when...... 2 years??? 5 years???? ten????

I say 2 years.............to each his own....

S1lverBullet
2nd December 2010, 10:30
I agree zeus, under two years for sure.

Matthew Shelley
2nd December 2010, 10:32
Or you could read real history and see that fiat currency's have collapsed hundreds of times in the last 5000 years.........
IT WILL COLLAPSE................GUARANTEED................ .
the question is when...... 2 years??? 5 years???? ten????
I say 2 years.............to each his own....

You betcha! All sorts of things that people have assigned an artificial value to have risen unnecessarily and the eventually collapsed in price. Salt, Cowrie shells, Tulip bulbs, Gold. OOPS! I was a little early with the Gold thing, ignore the gold thing for a little bit. The world still thinks that's one of the ones that's worth more than it is. But you are right. The question is ... Two years...Ten? That one I don't know.

Stick with things that have real, tangible value. Like Silver, copper, silos of grain, and land.

Matthew C. Shelley
Commodity Broker

As always: Trading in futures and options is very high risk investing. You can lose all or more of the money you invest. Only risk capital should be used.

Gene Daniels
2nd December 2010, 11:29
As a researcher (social science) and historian I am convinced that the current economic system is in for some serious shocks. Perhaps even complete collapse, but the question of when is unanswerable. However, it is worth stating that I have come to realize that most major, paradigm altering, events take longer to unfold than we usually think. The question is further complicated by your personal time-perspective verses that of someone else. Some people have been expecting this for several years, thus it feels slow motion.

Yet I expect that the final act or two of the drama will play out quickly. Since the current fiat currency scheme is a "confidence game" i.e. "con game," then it only moves forward as long as the majority still have confidence in it. Once that public sentiment shifts, the change will come with brutal speed. But when that shift happens - ah, that is the $1 mil question!

That is why I stack rather than trade. I could make a good deal of money trading in and out of silver, but if the music stopped while I was out, then I will have lost that position. Since I am a rather patient man, I prefer to wait for the gains that come from long-term stacking.