PDA

View Full Version : Breaking News on Comex Futures

Silvercaper
29th November 2010, 16:32
The front month of December saw a roll of 11,060 contracts for a reading of 17,208 which is basis Friday night. This means that 17,208 X 5,000 per contract = 86,040,000 ounces worth of silver must be delivered in the month of Dec. Total open interest stands at 137,132 contracts for only a drop of 812 contracts as of Friday's close.

The Comex registered inventory for silver stands at only 48,555,988 as of Wednesday's close.

The front month of December saw a roll of 43,898 contracts for a reading of 59,412 which is basis Friday night. This means that 59,412 X 100 per contract = 5,941,200 ounces worth of gold must be delivered in the month of Dec. Total open interest stands at 599,354 contracts for a drop of 8310 contracts as of Friday's close.

The Comex registered inventory for gold stands at only 2,622,475 as of Wednesday's close.

silverfish
29th November 2010, 17:26
They better hurry up with bribing the Pebble Mine through planning

Irishfan1
29th November 2010, 17:47
What is your source on how many are being delivered vs rolled over?

Silvercaper
29th November 2010, 18:15
What is your source on how many are being delivered vs rolled over?

The Comex is my source. You either had to roll over or have your money up to stand for delivery as of the end of day Friday 11/26. So the figures quoted are those standing for delivery.

jimha
29th November 2010, 18:19
The front month of December saw a roll of 11,060 contracts for a reading of 17,208 which is basis Friday night. This means that 17,208 X 5,000 per contract = 86,040,000 ounces worth of silver must be delivered in the month of Dec. Total open interest stands at 137,132 contracts for only a drop of 812 contracts as of Friday's close.

The Comex registered inventory for silver stands at only 48,555,988 as of Wednesday's close.

The front month of December saw a roll of 43,898 contracts for a reading of 59,412 which is basis Friday night. This means that 59,412 X 100 per contract = 5,941,200 ounces worth of gold must be delivered in the month of Dec. Total open interest stands at 599,354 contracts for a drop of 8310 contracts as of Friday's close.

The Comex registered inventory for gold stands at only 2,622,475 as of Wednesday's close.

Is this anything new? I thought that the COMEX was short for delivery many times in the past.

AgShaman
29th November 2010, 22:30
If this is in fact the deal....it gives the "shorts" 30 days to issue delivery notices to the "longs" that are standing for delivery. I think this also means....within the "rules" of the Crimex....that another agreement can be reached if the parties come to a mutual agreement. Time will tell if they want to extort a large sum of cash from the "shorts"....it could play out this way....if the "longs" wanna let them off the hook and settle up with a 2 or 3 bagger....then I think it's within the realm of possibilities.

These traders are hard to figure out. Some I view as keepers of the status quo and "hangers on" like the little fishies that ride the backs and shadows of the big sharks. There's no telling right now what the majority of these contract holders want outta their "long" position. I think it would be good if they bust the Comex and force a failure to deliver....it would shake the foundations of markets and cause a worldwide scope to view their "price discovery" sham-scam. The Comex and their bullion bank masters are the "ant hill"....and within their sights is an army of disenfranchised players holding 10x mag glasses....waiting for the sun to break thru the clouds.

Get ready....it may be quite the firestorm show....I'm hoping for chaos....it's long overdue

Cannonballers: Making the World of Precious Metals Investing a Better Place...and chicks lounging around poolside, a little more wet!

valerb
30th November 2010, 00:53

Your leaving out the part where that 48,555,988 ounces in the Registered category may not all be available to fill orders, unless the price rises high enough to meet their asking price. Some unknown percent of that inventory is simply up for sale for the right price and is not attached to a long or short contract. Far too many people are under the assumption that the Registered inventory all belongs to short contract holders, because they refer to the Registered category as the dealers inventory. I really don't expect to see 86 million ounces out for delivery this month, but even if it is, it Will not empty the Registered inventory and in all likelihood not even cause a default. I would however expect to see the price take another trip north as there would be so much buying and selling in the wholesale market. Having said all that. I sure hope your right about 86 million ounces being delivered. Just don't be surprised if the COMEX inventories actually increase during the month instead on being depleted. If we have that many people taking delivery, a good portion of it may be stored in the COMEX warehouses. When your stacking large numbers of 1,000 ounce bars, your not taking delivery and burying them in your backyard. They are going into secured storage either in the COMEX system or outside of it.

Mighty_Men_of_Baltimore
30th November 2010, 01:03
Only an idiot would trust the thieves at COMEX with their silver bars.

valerb
30th November 2010, 01:47

COMEX is just an isolated section of a number of different bullion vaults (depositories) where an individuals bullion is stored. The owners of these bullion vaults are insured and responsible for the bullion in their care. The one thing I know for sure and that is these bullion vaults hold one hell of a lot more bullion than what belongs to COMEX investors. Just how many decades have these bullion vaults been in existence and when was the last time anyone storing their bullion had it just up and disappear?

Is your bullion any more safe in one section of a Brinks vault than another, I don't think so. If your the owner of 500 or a thousand industrial size bars, where would you store them?

CCJOE might be able to get away with storing his stash in a secured storage area, but that can't compare with the security of a bullion vault.

silverheartbone
30th November 2010, 07:38

Or an insider.

Silvercaper
30th November 2010, 08:13
Sorry Guys. It looks like as of Monday's report the open interest dropped significantly for both the gold and silver contracts.

The new figures are:

The front month of December gold saw a roll of 43,294 contracts for a reading of 16,118.
The front month of December silver saw a roll of 11,975 contracts for a reading of 5251.

Mighty_Men_of_Baltimore
30th November 2010, 12:19
Sorry Guys. It looks like as of Monday's report the open interest dropped significantly for both the gold and silver contracts.

The new figures are:

The front month of December gold saw a roll of 43,294 contracts for a reading of 16,118.
The front month of December silver saw a roll of 11,975 contracts for a reading of 5251.

I don't know - who the hell you are.

I doubt that includes "options in the money"...about 35 million ounces. Now maybe your right and I'm blowing smoke, but I'll wait for the official report from Harvey Organ. I trust him, not you.

Matthew Shelley
30th November 2010, 12:48
I doubt that includes "options in the money"...about 35 million ounces. Now maybe your right and I'm blowing smoke, but I'll wait for the official report from Harvey Organ. I trust him, not you.

Maybe you are blowing smoke. Thirty-five years ago, when I was in high school, I used to do that too, and I remember how it affected my thinking.

There are no in-the-money December options. They have all become futures contracts.

What would make Harvey Organ's musings an 'official report'. Shouldn't you look for official reports from the source(such as the exchange itself) instead? Pretty easily accessible if you own a computer mouse.

Matthew C. Shelley
Commodity Broker

As always: Trading in futures and options is very high risk investing. You can lose all or more of the money you invest. Only risk capital should be used.

Mighty_Men_of_Baltimore
30th November 2010, 13:51
I see "The Idiot Matthew Shelley" replied to me again.

Will someone please tell The Idiot, that he's on my ignore list because he's an idiot? He keeps replying to me...I guess he's too clueless to figure it out.

Thank you very much.

Silvercaper
30th November 2010, 16:33

Yes, you would be very wise to do your own due diligence and not trust other people.

As I was the originator of this thread, I thought it only responsible to update my findings with the latest numbers from the CME report. Yes, the same report Harvey Organ uses.

Mighty_Men_of_Baltimore
30th November 2010, 18:01
Yes, you would be very wise to do your own due diligence and not trust other people.

As I was the originator of this thread, I thought it only responsible to update my findings with the latest numbers from the CME report. Yes, the same report Harvey Organ uses.

You should quote Harvey when you use him. And don't front run him, that would be a mistake.

Silvercaper
30th November 2010, 18:40
You should quote Harvey when you use him. And don't front run him, that would be a mistake.

I did not quote Harvey Organ. I do not need him, as obviously you do, to explain what the CME openly supplies to the public. Of course you do have to have a basic understanding of addition and subtraction which I hear can be overwelming to some individuals. The only mistake is that you don't do your own due diligence as I've already shared with you.

Mighty_Men_of_Baltimore
30th November 2010, 21:05
And here is Harvey tonight:

http://harveyorgan.blogspot.com/
The total front month of December revealed that 5428 contracts are standing for delivery or approximately 27.1 million oz. They generally do not include the options exercised for December until sometime tomorrow.

As I said...all along.

Another 35 million or so ounces will be due for delivery.....

Silvercaper you are a liar and a fraud of bad information.

Silvercaper has been added to my ignore list.

valerb
1st December 2010, 08:34

The total front month of December revealed that 5428 contracts are standing for delivery or approximately 27.1 million oz. They generally do not include the options exercised for December until sometime tomorrow.

As I said...all along.

The delivery report for December 2 is only 34 contracts and that makes a total of 90 for the month to date. Something is definitely up and it's not the amount of Silver being delivered.

Gold is delivering another 1,098 contracts for a total of 6,114 for the month.

Every month I keep reading these reports about how much is going to be delivered and it never happens. This month is so far behind what should have already gone out for delivery in December, it's almost like a non-delivery month. I was expecting something in the 30 million range or more, but this is unreal. Now I have to wait until 10PM to find out what's going out on Friday. The delivery damn has to break sooner or later.

Silvercaper
1st December 2010, 09:23
The delivery report for December 2 is only 34 contracts and that makes a total of 90 for the month to date. Something is definitely up and it's not the amount of Silver being delivered.

Gold is delivering another 1,098 contracts for a total of 6,114 for the month.

Every month I keep reading these reports about how much is going to be delivered and it never happens. This month is so far behind what should have already gone out for delivery in December, it's almost like a non-delivery month. I was expecting something in the 30 million range or more, but this is unreal. Now I have to wait until 10PM to find out what's going out on Friday. The delivery damn has to break sooner or later.

The O/I for the December contract continues to decline. People are settling for cash rather than taking delivery.

Gold Dec 10: Down 7,910 to 7,285
Silver Dec 10: Down 3,485 to 1,943

Here's the report so that people can verify the numbers for themselves.

http://www.cmegroup.com/daily_bulletin/Section62_Metals_Futures_Products_2010231.pdf

Matthew Shelley
1st December 2010, 10:21
As I said...all along.

From the exchange rulebook on Silver options:

"Expiration of Trading Expiration occurs on the fourth business day prior to the underlying futures delivery month. If the expiration day falls on a Friday or immediately prior to an Exchange holiday, expiration will occur on the previous business day."

This means that any in the money options were automatically futures contracts the next day.
As you have been apparently trying to point out all along, you are getting bad information from a source proving himself to be questionable. We 'idiots' on your ignore list seem to prefer facts for some reason.

The rules for trading U.S. Silver futures and options contracts are available here. http://www.cmegroup.com

Matthew C. Shelley
Commodity Broker

As always: Trading in futures and options is very high risk investing. You can lose all or more of the money you invest. Only risk capital should be used.

Silvercaper
1st December 2010, 14:34
From the exchange rulebook on Silver options:

"Expiration of Trading Expiration occurs on the fourth business day prior to the underlying futures delivery month. If the expiration day falls on a Friday or immediately prior to an Exchange holiday, expiration will occur on the previous business day."

This means that any in the money options were automatically futures contracts the next day.
As you have been apparently trying to point out all along, you are getting bad information from a source proving himself to be questionable. We 'idiots' on your ignore list seem to prefer facts for some reason.

The rules for trading U.S. Silver futures and options contracts are available here. http://www.cmegroup.com

Matthew C. Shelley
Commodity Broker

Matthew,

I'm not going to be too hard on the poor guy. There's no telling what type of disorders he is suffering from--anger management issues, ADD, inferiority complex, dementia, Tourette syndrome...?

Matthew Shelley
1st December 2010, 17:39
Matthew,
I'm not going to be too hard on the poor guy. There's no telling what type of disorders he is suffering from--anger management issues, ADD, inferiority complex, dementia, Tourette syndrome...?

The Queen: "Why sometimes I have believed as many as six impossible things before breakfast."

Lewis Carroll