View Full Version : Check this out. Gold ↑ , Silver ↓

silverheartbone
23rd November 2010, 10:00
http://www.kitco.com/images/live/gold.gif
http://www.kitco.com/images/live/silver.gif

The nerve!

Aggie
23rd November 2010, 10:24
Yeah I saw that. IMO someone wants to get a ton of silver cheaper and this is as good an excuse of a time to get some more as any. Norks vs Souks. Bombs away and the PM boyz will always play. Gold during times of war and all that good stuff. Flights to safety. Selling of Ag begets more Au. Temporary anomaly in one going up and the other going down.

ag

Irishfan1
23rd November 2010, 13:23
Considering how the market and dollar is doing, id say silver and gold are both holding up pretty good today.

Mighty Moose
23rd November 2010, 14:14
If one is ever considering flipping some of their Au for Ag, now is the time to consider doing it. Always sell into strength, if you plan to sell at all.

What's even better than flipping Au for Ag in one transaction is to do it in two. It takes patience, though! The time to pick up Ag on the cheap was last week when silver was bottoming at $25.
And now is the time to sell the Au to pay for the Ag that was bought last week. Does that make sense?

Mighty Moose
23rd November 2010, 14:42
If one is ever considering flipping some of their Au for Ag, now is the time to consider doing it. Always sell into strength, if you plan to sell at all.

What's even better than flipping Au for Ag in one transaction is to do it in two. It takes patience, though! The time to pick up Ag on the cheap was last week when silver was bottoming at $25.
And now is the time to sell the Au to pay for the Ag that was bought last week. Does that make sense?

The G/S ratio is now a little over 50 again. Although, if you do it like I've explained above, then, the G/S ratio would be closer to 55:1 for the entire 'flipping' transaction,
e.g., (Au today: 1375)/(Ag's low last week: $25 or so)

skijake
23rd November 2010, 14:44

Sounds like you feel gold should be sold/traded here for more silver.
Do I read that right?

Mighty Moose
23rd November 2010, 14:56
Sounds like you feel gold should be sold/traded here for more silver.
Do I read that right?

I don't think you saw my next post before posting, yourself. This is a better method, IMO,....more bang (Ag) for you buck (Au).

"The G/S ratio is now a little over 50 again. Although, if you do it like I've explained above, then, the G/S ratio would be closer to 55:1 for the entire 'flipping' transaction,
e.g., (Au today: 1375)/(Ag's low last week: $25 or so)"

The war/fear trade is on for gold right now because of North & South Korea. That's in addition to the currency issues already.

Gold also jumped over $1365 which was an important line in the sand according to Trader Dan (Dan Norcini) over at JS Mineset.com - Jim Sinclair's website. Although, he said it needs to close over that amount, but with the fear trade on in gold, that should happen today.

If one had already bought Ag last week (on the premise that they'd have to sell some Au later to pay for it), then there is time to see how much higher gold will ride before it flattens out again - another day or two, perhaps?

If I was flipping Au for Ag in one go, then I'd have to factor in how I think silver is going to do for the remainder of the week. I'm not seeing it weakening while gold keeps climbing, IMO, as in I don't see the G/S ratio spread going past 52:1 or more.