PDA

View Full Version : Wait till the Christmas retail sales report comes out....

MikeJ
21st November 2010, 16:19
Stock market will tumble hundreds of points in that single day, while Silver and Gold will rise again. I love it. If you're in the market, too freaking bad. Its your fault for being a sheep.

TheLoneRanger
21st November 2010, 18:25
Happy Thanksgiving to you too!

ccjoe
21st November 2010, 19:27
Stock market will tumble hundreds of points in that single day, while Silver and Gold will rise again. I love it. If you're in the market, too freaking bad. Its your fault for being a sheep.

NOW you are really acting stupid Mike as many here remember the debacle of 2008 when si fell to low 9's. MOST times ALL asset classes take the initial hit when depressions come including our beloved si.
Many here live and DO learn> myself from real estate, you apparently haven't.
Good luck and remember the old saying that it's not being wrong that hurts you the most but being so sure you're right when the truth is the opposite that REALLY hurts you.

iucobra
21st November 2010, 23:41
I do not know where you are getting your info. But retail sales will be higher than last. Sales are already strong compared to last year. I work in the worlds largest logistics company and things are much better this year than last. Of the top 100 retailers we work with 87 percent are projecting higher sales. This survey for the past 27 years has been highly accurate in predicting retail sales. Also look at Walmart and there numbers. That will tell you something. Things still could be better but they are better than the last 2 years.

MikeJ
22nd November 2010, 02:45
Retail sales improving in a depression?? What are you smoking?? Silver and gold WILL NOT go down this time around when the market crashes. People will realize there is no where else to go but precious metals.

People don't like it when you aren't optomistic or don't paint a rosy picture, and they are idiots who need to grow up. I prefer to deal with reality.

Mighty Moose
22nd November 2010, 03:34
I do not know where you are getting your info. But retail sales will be higher than last. Sales are already strong compared to last year. I work in the worlds largest logistics company and things are much better this year than last. Of the top 100 retailers we work with 87 percent are projecting higher sales. This survey for the past 27 years has been highly accurate in predicting retail sales. Also look at Walmart and there numbers. That will tell you something. Things still could be better but they are better than the last 2 years.

Several things:

1.) Are those all US retailers? If so, are they using sales numbers from just inside the US or are they
incorporating numbers (which they often do) from all their sales internationally?
2.) Note: There is a difference between "projected" and 'actual' sales!
3.) Note: "higher than last year", but that was one of the worst years on record! Big deal!
4.) After the initial 'massaged' numbers come out to make things look better, they will quietly
& obscurely announce a big adjustment downward on the numbers, weeks later, when no
one is paying any further attention.
5.) Sales are not indicative of profits. These companies are still hemoraging. Their margins
are paper thin. If they've managed any profit, its due to using up old inventories which
have yet to be replaced & squeezing more production out of the people they haven't
laid off yet!
6.) Wallmart's numbers are what they are because often they're the cheapest or only place for
some of the 40+ million people on food stamps to go when their cards get refilled each
month by the government.
7.) Many companies, such as Wallmart, have been raising prices which in turn has raised their sales
when being measured in terms of dollar amounts.
8.) Realize many of these companies practice 'creative accounting'. In other words, they lie!
*.) You need to wake up & stop drinking the Koolaid!

Kayaker
22nd November 2010, 04:54
I spoke with a UPS driver who said their business is way up because people are staying away from pallet sized orders and trying to make all shipments at the package level.

ccjoe
23rd November 2010, 05:48
Retail sales improving in a depression?? What are you smoking?? Silver and gold WILL NOT go down this time around when the market crashes. People will realize there is no where else to go but precious metals.

People don't like it when you aren't optomistic or don't paint a rosy picture, and they are idiots who need to grow up. I prefer to deal with reality.
The "reality" mike is that you are getting more and more like rog. I agree with almost everything you say BUT you have to learn from the past and be more humble if you want to attain emotional and intellectual growth. Otherwise you keep living a "Groundshog Day" life i.e. repeating your own preconceived ideas over and over again without listening to others. Just mho.
fyi si WILL go down initially in this greatest depression that is almost obvious to all.