PDA

View Full Version : Is there anyone still waiting on $22 silver?

silverheartbone
19th November 2010, 15:52
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GmijlOwnXuE

DaleFromCalgary
20th November 2010, 14:05
At least I am not waiting and hoping for another Weimar- and what happened afterward.

Which reminds me. Adam Fergusson's 1975 classic book WHEN MONEY DIES on the German hyperinflation of 1923 is now finally back in print after decades. Available as a trade paperback from the usual on-line booksellers. Well recommended!

A couple of interesting points from the book. Survivalists please note that in late 1923 when paper currency was worthless, angry mobs went out from the cities and over-ran farms, looting them of anything edible. The farmers didn't have a chance because small groups of them couldn't cover their land, and the police and army were among the looters. Think you're going to hide out in a bunker? Think again!

Most of the paper currency was printed by businesses and local banks under license from the Reichsbank because it was physically impossible for the central bank to deliver truck loads of banknotes each day to everyone. That way, businesses could pay their workers twice a day in wheelbarrow loads of paper. The wives and mothers would visit the workers each time they were paid and then rush to the shops to buy a loaf of bread.

silverfish
20th November 2010, 15:15
Thanks for the tip - got an order in on Amazon! Going to be a harrowing read - hope Ben and George also have orders in.

silverfish
20th November 2010, 15:18
Almost forgot! Nah $25 is the new $22. People will be talking about the lucky people who got in below $22 in years to come.

Mighty Moose
20th November 2010, 17:09
The book is free online!

Here is the link to download this for no cost.
http://www.4shared.com/get/eI9jGjlt/Jens_Parsson_-_Dying_Of_Money.html

Mighty Moose
20th November 2010, 17:14
The book is free online!

Sorry, my bad! I was thinking of another classic book, the "Dying Of Money" by Jens Parsson written in 1973 or 74. This book had been out of print. Original used copyrights retail for as much as $700 or more. I just checked the cost of new ones (reprints) & they can be had for under $250 - still insanely expensive.

silverheartbone
20th November 2010, 17:33
The book is free online!

Sorry, my bad! I was thinking of another classic book, the "Dying Of Money" by Jens Parsson written in 1973 or 74. This book had been out of print. Original used copyrights retail for as much as $700 or more. I just checked the cost of new ones (reprints) & they can be had for under $250 - still insanely expensive.

your good

When Money Dies (http://www.wolf1168.us/misc/Articles%20of%20Interest/When%20Money%20Dies.pdf)

silverfish
20th November 2010, 17:58
Too late :( Least I can read it away from the laptop.

Good find though!

maxstacker
20th November 2010, 18:18
Roger is looking forward to voting in the Nov. 2nd election.

ccjoe
21st November 2010, 15:01
Almost forgot! Nah $25 is the new $22. People will be talking about the lucky people who got in below $22 in years to come.

I agree 99% silver as I waited last week and look what happened?
If si goes 25 tomorrow, I'm in with another 50 grand.
I can't wait any longer.

silverfish
21st November 2010, 15:15
It might do even if Ireland bends over for the EU tomorrow as expected - dollar may be looking safer than the Euro. Also this is the last week before December first notice so the shorts will be trying to hold the price down.

MikeJ
21st November 2010, 15:50
Its foolish to wait for dips to buy. Its a long term bull market, the day to day price swings are going to be irrelevant when the market hits the top. Buy as much as you can, when you can.

silverfish
21st November 2010, 16:56
Its foolish to wait for dips to buy. Its a long term bull market, the day to day price swings are going to be irrelevant when the market hits the top. Buy as much as you can, when you can.

That makes me feel better about buying some more at 27.5 just before it went up to 29 :D and then straight down to 26 :( then to 25 :mad:

AgShaman
22nd November 2010, 12:01
.....and waiting, and waiting, and waiting. It doesn't look good for this kid.

I'm thinking I'll be picking up some #47 any month now at around 22 bucks (that's code for: wishful thinking and trying to employ hope to will it to happen)

The chances are slimmer everyday

However remote it becomes....the "Buy Silver, Crash JPM" fervor/phenomena may have provide the only avenue for this possibility. If there is a serious financial calamity that induces a "flight to capital liquidity"....then there could be some folks that purchased for the sake of the "google" enthusiasm to exact revenge on big banking, but in fact are not very well prepared to weather a serious event like a stock market crash, natural disaster bringing food shortages, or whatever event could bring their lack of preparedness into full focus. These people could get the moniker of "weak hands" in such an event and may let there new found booty go back into the market @ $22. I will be sad for them if it happens this way....I'll also be there to pick up their pieces should it come about.

Crash Silver....Crash Damn You! (wait until tomorrow though)

Cannonballers: Making the World of Precious Metals Investing a Better Place....and chicks lounging around poolside, a little more wet!

wdwexe
22nd November 2010, 15:39
rodger. your work here is done. it's now time for you to go F yourself. take my adviCe.

MikeJ
22nd November 2010, 21:03
A long term bull market ? Really ? Silver has had a few great months so don't get carried away with over confidence.

Hmmmm, $4 in 2000-2001. Today, $27 an ounce. More than a few great months moron, with 8-10 years to go in this cyclical bull market.

wdwexe
23rd November 2010, 16:50
I thought I told you to F off rodger. F*#K face. Homo. shouldn't you be at www.homoseek.com ?

silverheartbone
3rd April 2011, 23:11
Apparently the obsession with twenty continues.

Silver usually goes down in the summer months, so it is likely that we will see the twenties again if not the high teens.
Unfreaking believable.

If I were Harry, and duneyman the punk kid?
I'd have to shoot him. http://forums.silverseek.com/images/smilies/icon_razz.gif

silverheartbone
2nd November 2011, 08:21
21 is probably about the right price with current inflation.

I see that you've dropped your target a buck.

Perhaps Harry should aim a bit lower too. ;)