PDA

View Full Version : MORE ABOUT GREENSPAN

buff
7th December 2006, 16:03
by Rep. Ron Paul, MD

I had an opportunity to ask him (Greenspan) about his change of heart when he appeared before the House Financial Services committee last week. Although Mr. Greenspan is a master of evasion, he was surprisingly forthright in his responses to me. In short, he claimed he was wrong about his predictions of calamity for the fiat U.S. dollar, that the Federal Reserve does a good job of essentially mimicking a gold standard, and that inflation is well under control. He even made the preposterous assertion that the Fed does not facilitate government expansion and deficit spending. In other words, he utterly repudiated the arguments he made 40 years ago. Yet this begs the question: If he was so wrong in the past, why should we listen to him now?

Ardent Listener
7th December 2006, 21:13
by Rep. Ron Paul, MD

I had an opportunity to ask him (Greenspan) about his change of heart when he appeared before the House Financial Services committee last week. Although Mr. Greenspan is a master of evasion, he was surprisingly forthright in his responses to me. In short, he claimed he was wrong about his predictions of calamity for the fiat U.S. dollar, that the Federal Reserve does a good job of essentially mimicking a gold standard, and that inflation is well under control. He even made the preposterous assertion that the Fed does not facilitate government expansion and deficit spending. In other words, he utterly repudiated the arguments he made 40 years ago. Yet this begs the question: If he was so wrong in the past, why should we listen to him now?

So what are you saying Buff? I'm not saying I couldn't be bought out or threaten into changing my mind too. :wink:

buff
7th December 2006, 21:24
What am I saying? I am saying that you guys do not know crap about ecomomics, money or monetary policy. So stop pretending you do with all this talk about an honest, constitutional money that should be backed by a nonexistent gold supply.

Ardent Listener
7th December 2006, 21:33
What am I saying? I am saying that you guys do not know crap about ecomomics, money or monetary policy. So stop pretending you do with all this talk about an honest, constitutional money that should be backed by a nonexistent gold supply.

What are you getting so excited about Buff? Could it be that you can't afford any PMs with all your "education"? :lol: I'll tell you one thing Buff, I know where I sure can get them. :wink:

buff
7th December 2006, 21:36
Metal man while you are at it......go see the wizzard and get a brain.

Anonymous
20th December 2006, 22:24

Moderators, I thought you had to be at least 13 years old to post here. :lol:

Bill
21st December 2006, 13:47

Moderators, I thought you had to be at least 13 years old to post here. :lol:

Are you kidding me? This is far more entertaining than all the spam posts I get to delete every day. :wink: