PDA

View Full Version : Us$ - wtf?

mark2112gum
16th November 2010, 13:20
It's 1:13 pm, tuesday afternoon the US dollar is up over half a cent to 79.106 +0.588 +0.76%. In fact isn't it up over one full cent (today and yesterday combined). And its not because of the debt of other countries either!!! So WTF? I mean WTF, really, I don't get it WTF, WTF, like, 'oh man WTF'...

What is Truth?
16th November 2010, 13:27
It's 1:13 pm, tuesday afternoon the US dollar is up over half a cent to 79.106 +0.588 +0.76%. In fact isn't it up over one full cent (today and yesterday combined). And its not because of the debt of other countries either!!! So WTF? I mean WTF, really, I don't get it WTF, WTF, like, 'oh man WTF'...

"It's not because of the debt of other countries either"? You asked WTF? So if it isn't, then what do you believe is the reason? And why can't the debts of other countries tank their currencies?

manu ginobili
16th November 2010, 13:41
I believe it is speculation.It is expected dollar to rally when bond market implodes and rates go higher.

http://www.24hgold.com/english/news-gold-silver-Bond-Market-Implosion-%20-Gold-Tactics.aspx?langue=en&article=3215093724G10020

What is Truth?
16th November 2010, 13:45
I believe it is speculation.It is expected dollar to rally when bond market implodes and rates go higher.

http://www.24hgold.com/english/news-gold-silver-Bond-Market-Implosion-%20-Gold-Tactics.aspx?langue=en&article=3215093724G10020

Higher rates will push up the value of the U.S. dollar. Drop the hell out of the stock market, kill off the housing market, cause the debt to soar as the government pays higher interest rates too, and kill off our exports. Oh yes, precious metals usually don't do well with higher interest rates.

manu ginobili
16th November 2010, 13:54
Higher rates will push up the value of the U.S. dollar. Drop the hell out of the stock market, kill off the housing market, cause the debt to soar as the government pays higher interest rates too, and kill off our exports. Oh yes, precious metals usually don't do well with higher interest rates.

Yes, bullish For Usd long term only in case rate is at least near to true rate of inflation.As I said this is in my opinion short term speculation,you buy a bond and sell it before disaster.Similar when Soros says to exit gold...
Price drops and then Soros buys from weak hands when no one or few is thinking gold is good investment.

silverheartbone
16th November 2010, 14:01
A good time to stack.

What is Truth?
16th November 2010, 14:04
Yes, bullish For Usd long term only in case rate is at least near to true rate of inflation.As I said this is in my opinion short term speculation,you buy a bond and sell it before disaster.Similar when Soros says to exit gold...
Price drops and then Soros buys from weak hands when no one or few is thinking gold is good investment.

Aaaaaaaaaa.........

That's what I love about precious metals As the dollar drops it means it is going to be toast, for sure this time. As the dollar goes back up then it means we have another buying opportunity as "weak hands" flee from PMS. How can a guy go wrong with PMs? ;)

manu ginobili
16th November 2010, 14:21
Aaaaaaaaaa.........

That's what I love about precious metals As the dollar drops it means it is going to be toast, for sure this time. As the dollar goes back up then it means we have another buying opportunity as "weak hands" flee from PMS. How can a guy go wrong with PMs? ;)

I suggest to think long term vis a vis short term.Usd is fundamentally weak long term.It does not mean it cannot rebound short term.