PDA

View Full Version : Which way is silver going on Monday?

Mighty Moose
14th November 2010, 15:39
Silver bugs, place your bets!

I say that the silver jet is refueled & is going to light up it's afterburners to regain some of it's lost altitude
from last week.

Control, this is Alpha Gulf Four Seven (get it? Ag 47). Permission to climb to two eight five ($28.50). :cool:

ccjoe
14th November 2010, 15:53
I'm betting down by NOT buying this weekend.

silverfish
14th November 2010, 16:23
Really tough one to call. I think it will go up a little in Asia and London (Chinese buyers - if no IR rise yet) then fall back in the US (eurozone woes holding dollar up). What it did last week. Does it good to consolidate for a couple of weeks around $26.

I bought a 2008 Brittania (just like the design) on eBay just now - y'day I got outbid on 2 coins one going for 27 and the other for 28 (new from dealer=26.19 atm); today my 3rd attempt won with 25.50 with no rival bids at all today \o/ . Maybe y'day it was busier due to the JPM attack ! I'll wait and see what's shaping up before buying any more - next year if no big dip. Did you hold off on those 2 monster boxes then ccjoe?

ccjoe
14th November 2010, 16:28
Yes--Just talked to hannes at noon today and he does have plenty of supply with certain silver.
I told him if it dips to 24 or so, I'll call him to buy 4 boxes.
He is so honest that he always says he has NO idea which way the market is going.

maplesilverbug
14th November 2010, 16:33
I bought a 2008 Brittania (just like the design) on eBay just now - 25.50 [$41/oz.]

O U C H ! ! !

Man...that has to be depressing. Plus all that rain...
I dig the Britts too but will just have to settle for admiration from afar.

And what about Monday?

Who cares? Why so nano-short term?
Me love silver long time, baby! :P

What's silver going to be on Monday 2030? ;)

NotAnOricle
14th November 2010, 19:22
Down, correction by about $2
Towards the end of the week, working on going back up to hit $30 by next Monday.
That would be a drop to around $24, then a rise to $30, for a $6 change in 5-days.

Crazy huh?

Just talking out my arse.
:shock:

silverfish
15th November 2010, 12:27
O U C H ! ! !

Man...that has to be depressing. Plus all that rain...
I dig the Britts too but will just have to settle for admiration from afar.

Yeah the premium is nasty on Britts (maybe due to the CGT-free aspect) plus VAT and all the rest. That's why I normally stick to Maples and Phillies. Still the resale potential looks good! It doesn't rain too much on paper (23 inches a year where I am) just it appears to do so as it can drizzle all day (or week, or month!).

Mighty Moose
15th November 2010, 23:00
Silver bugs, place your bets!

I say that the silver jet is refueled & is going to light up it's afterburners to regain some of it's lost altitude
from last week.

Control, this is Alpha Gulf Four Seven (get it? Ag 47). Permission to climb to two eight five ($28.50). :cool:

So much for $28.50 (sigh).....I guess the silver-jet after-burners had another malfunction, today.

Oh well, it was all said tongue-in-cheek, anyhow.