PDA

View Full Version : Is silver MORE of a monetary or an industrial metal?

Ardent Listener
26th August 2006, 15:05
I think we all know silver is BOTH an industrial and monetary precious metal, but is it MORE of an monetary or industrial metal?

Rob108
26th August 2006, 16:31
At present silver is mostly an industrial metal. This will however change the next coming years. It will again be accepted as money when the fiat, criminal system is threatened more and more. It has already started for a few in the Western world or even never disappeared for a another few in the Western world. In India, with one billion people, it never disappeared. So when it revives its original status in the Western world its monetary use will completely outpace its industrial use. In other words, silver will reach its reasonable value: a silver dime is a days wage for the laborer, which is something like 150USD.

Ardent Listener
28th August 2006, 20:21
You might be right about that Rob. Until it looks like Sh!t is hitting the fan I'm more concern about silver's industrial value. And in today's dollars I feel it is under-valued. The recent price increase in nickel makes that clear to me. I expect a price increase peak within the next two years. Maybe sooner. When that spike comes I'll have to decide when and how much of my silver hoard I want to sell and how much I want to hold incase SHTF. I'll use the FRNs to rebuy silver after it drops again or perhaps something like land. If you are right though I might be living like a King! :D

Rob108
29th August 2006, 02:12
Hi Ardent Listener,

Most probably, you are a future KING.

Ardent Listener
29th August 2006, 19:04
Interesting signature, "In the age of Kali extremely lousy, dark politicians will rule the planet only to fail and bring about hellish living conditions. Paper and electronic numbers will be used as the ultimate money bringing extraordinary power to criminals for some time. " Would you tell us where it comes from? You can do so on off topics if you like.

Rob108
31st August 2006, 02:04
Hi Ardent Listener,

It's based on information from the Veda, the ancient holy scriptures from India.