PDA

View Full Version : No more free markets

main1event
22nd September 2008, 22:23
First they stop shorting, now they stop trading oil futures, next they raise margin requirements, I mean what do they want people to do? It wont be long before everyone just dumps their equities. The game is rigged.

I havent shorted anything in years, since they play so many games. However, the one game in town is commodities and they just love playing games with commodity traders.

FedFixNix
22nd September 2008, 23:09
First they stop shorting, now they stop trading oil futures, next they raise margin requirements, I mean what do they want people to do? It wont be long before everyone just dumps their equities. The game is rigged.

I havent shorted anything in years, since they play so many games. However, the one game in town is commodities and they just love playing games with commodity traders.

The game was rigged since Moby Dick was a minnow. Most forms of short and futures speculation should be permanently outlawed anyhow. They have been used to control and suppress true market prices for decades, even centuries. Only those who are truly in the businesses that require those products should be enabled to trade in futures, options, or shorts, and perhaps a few limited other cases.

Whatever they do, they should make the playing field level for the small and large investors, or at least as level as possible. Bigness and wealth alone create enough of an unequal and tilted playing field.

Most if it is a shell game, and always has been. Anyone who really studied the history of money, markets, and trading would understand that.

main1event
22nd September 2008, 23:23
The game was rigged since Moby Dick was a minnow. Most forms of short and futures speculation should be permanently outlawed anyhow. They have been used to control and suppress true market prices for decades, even centuries. Only those who are truly in the businesses that require those products should be enabled to trade in futures, options, or shorts, and perhaps a few limited other cases.

Whatever they do, they should make the playing field level for the small and large investors, or at least as level as possible. Bigness and wealth alone create enough of an unequal and tilted playing field.

Most if it is a shell game, and always has been. Anyone who really studied the history of money, markets, and trading would understand that.

I agree with much of what your saying but I believe it could be done fairly. You shouldnt be able to control 6 months to 1 year supply of a commodity like what happens with silver. If you cant supply it you shouldnt be able to trade it.