PDA

View Full Version : Silver: A Metal Called Unobtainable

ozbuyoz
19th September 2008, 04:33
As I'll be in a position to purchase some Silver bullion in a week or three I thought I'd ring my local dealer to get the latest price. I had to phone as they are no longer quoting on their website, http://www.ainsliebullion.com.au/easyweb3/ID4d4a8f83bd11a7/?MIval=ew_view&WEBID=78594&ep_code=e004p01_stdEshop due to the volatility of the market.
Firstly I asked about the price of 1Kg bars (32.1507 troy oz.) and he laughed at me and said No way. Not available. Forget it. ... Ok I said what about 5Kg bars. to which I was informed there were 50 available today but if I want them better get them Today or on a small deposit he'd keep them 'till next week. He suggested they would be the last and to not bother ordering them. The ONLY bars available are 15Kg (482.2 troy oz.) IF ordered today will be delivered in NOVEMBER!

I coyly asked What's going on [as if I didn't know] He then opened up and mentioned the MM words ... MARKET MANIPULATION. He's tearing his hair out .. It's killing his business. "Everyone is HOARDING" and with such low prices why would they not?

Having done business with these guys I trust them and there is no reason why they would send customers away to promote a "Conspiracy Theory".

Well when my cheque comes in I guess a 15Kg block of silver is better than no Silver. I just hope the price remains suppressed long enough so I can load up the cart at never to be repeated bargain basement prices.

Had a hamburger for lunch what cost $5 and thought for 2 or 3 of these I can buy an Oz. of Silver.

Unlike my lunch, Silver is becoming rarer than Rocking Horse ****!

Got Some? ...... Silver, that Is.

;-)

Sushi
19th September 2008, 05:16
It is increasingly difficult to get silver in Germany. The only 1oz coins I found cost about $19, bullion canīt be found anywhere. The situation is better for gold today, bullion is available again.

As I'll be in a position to purchase some Silver bullion in a week or three I thought I'd ring my local dealer to get the latest price. I had to phone as they are no longer quoting on their website, http://www.ainsliebullion.com.au/easyweb3/ID4d4a8f83bd11a7/?MIval=ew_view&WEBID=78594&ep_code=e004p01_stdEshop due to the volatility of the market.
Firstly I asked about the price of 1Kg bars (32.1507 troy oz.) and he laughed at me and said No way. Not available. Forget it. ... Ok I said what about 5Kg bars. to which I was informed there were 50 available today but if I want them better get them Today or on a small deposit he'd keep them 'till next week. He suggested they would be the last and to not bother ordering them. The ONLY bars available are 15Kg (482.2 troy oz.) IF ordered today will be delivered in NOVEMBER!

I coyly asked What's going on [as if I didn't know] He then opened up and mentioned the MM words ... MARKET MANIPULATION. He's tearing his hair out .. It's killing his business. "Everyone is HOARDING" and with such low prices why would they not?

Having done business with these guys I trust them and there is no reason why they would send customers away to promote a "Conspiracy Theory".

Well when my cheque comes in I guess a 15Kg block of silver is better than no Silver. I just hope the price remains suppressed long enough so I can load up the cart at never to be repeated bargain basement prices.

Had a hamburger for lunch what cost $5 and thought for 2 or 3 of these I can buy an Oz. of Silver.

Unlike my lunch, Silver is becoming rarer than Rocking Horse ****!

Got Some? ...... Silver, that Is.

;-)