PDA

View Full Version : Financial Armageddon

main1event
15th September 2008, 12:42
If GS, and JPM start falling, which I believe to be the big players on keeping the silver price surpressed, I doubt they'll be able to keep the genie in the bottle. They have other things to worry about.

JaySpizzy
15th September 2008, 13:23
It could be that the POS POG is their one target to maintain some short term confidence in the system. Those two things going up will surely trash the stock market, so shooting it down consistently may be top priority for them, even throught the armageddon.

MetalWorx
15th September 2008, 16:04
....what confidence..?:rolleyes:
The stock market is being hammered, dollar is down.
Will the majority of people finally wake up...?

JaySpizzy
15th September 2008, 17:56
....what confidence..?:rolleyes:
The stock market is being hammered, dollar is down.
Will the majority of people finally wake up...?

Of course, you and i have very little confidence in the dollar farce, wall street slightly less, and main street... well, main street is still under the spell of CNBC...

Anyways, the big target is for TPTB to have control of what is being used as currency, and what it is worth. With each day that passes, they lose more and more control over that.

Aksura
15th September 2008, 18:10
DOWS down -504 pts. time for silver to fly

Tribal Warrior
15th September 2008, 19:41
I would think GS, JP, and BofA are all players in shorting Gold/Silver since mid-July. Maybe Wachovia as well?

It's catching up to them very FAST now. Watch these next few days, AIG, WaMu, National City(which my contact said is already in the works of failing/being bought out), and even watch Citigroup's values.

Check the Federal Funds Rate tomorrow, notice the spike towards 6%?

Spot is not,,,,For Now,,,But Wait,,,,:cool:

nuslvrkwen
15th September 2008, 19:57
Especially watch Citigroup's values - THEY fund the money orders and bank checks for WAMU.

On another thread that I can't find now; people were seeing silver spot 'blip' at $5.00 an ounce then disappear on Kitco. I didn't see it this morning. But IT the 'blip' sure sounds like the Bear Stearns take down! All the posters on this forum who saw it said, it wasn't around long. PLEASE CHECK THE NEXT FEW MORNINGS. The people who made money taking down BS put in a ridiculously low bid, and the system caught it! They were able to complete the deal with out any one really understanding what was happening, because the amount was so off the wall. Not what Bear's stock was selling at at all! These crooks got the millions and Bear Stearns got sold! Now this is spot price I know, but SOME instrument is tied to that dinky price. Beware.

Tribal Warrior
15th September 2008, 20:12
Found this quote about WaMu in the Bloomberg report:

"WaMu tumbled 73 cents, or 27 percent, to $2 at 4 p.m. on the New York Stock Exchange. The shares dropped another 20 cents, or 10 percent, to $1.80 in extended trading. They've lost 94 percent of their value in the past year.

``On a more positive note, we recognize that WaMu's holding company liquidity position is currently solidly positioned to meet all of its fixed obligations through 2010,'' S&P said. ``The bank is operating with adequate capital positions from a regulatory perspective and has demonstrated funding resilience as the deposit franchise has remained stable.''

Now let me ask anybody reading this, Does $1.80 a share (loss of 90+%) sound soldly positioned? Yeah right, I turn on the TV somedays around 4-6pm EST, these FastMoney, and Mad Money people are half stupid. One day they'll say one thing, the very next they'll contradict themselves.

The Dollar should be MUCH weaker after the news/events of today, but what'd you now ECB decided they'd add more Euros into their markets to keep their currency weak, and China cut its' interest rates to keep its' currency weak, thus propping up the Dollar somewhat.

Just wait until tomorrow,,,

MetalWorx
15th September 2008, 20:14
...that thread http://forums.silverseek.com/showthread.php?t=1633

Especially watch Citigroup's values - THEY fund the money orders and bank checks for WAMU.

On another thread that I can't find now; people were seeing silver spot 'blip' at $5.00 an ounce then disappear on Kitco. I didn't see it this morning. But IT the 'blip' sure sounds like the Bear Stearns take down! All the posters on this forum who saw it said, it wasn't around long. PLEASE CHECK THE NEXT FEW MORNINGS. The people who made money taking down BS put in a ridiculously low bid, and the system caught it! They were able to complete the deal with out any one really understanding what was happening, because the amount was so off the wall. Not what Bear's stock was selling at at all! These crooks got the millions and Bear Stearns got sold! Now this is spot price I know, but SOME instrument is tied to that dinky price. Beware.