PDA

View Full Version : Flight to Quality

prahudka
11th September 2008, 12:54
Lehman in the tank

Wamu down 30%

DOW sucks

Is there a pending bailout for Treasuries we dont know about that justifies the flight to "quality?" How exactly would that work? Are the assets coming as Galactic credits, Ferengi Latinum Certificates, Klingon, or nice chips in the back of the hand?

Is it Big Big interests converting assets into cash and money demand being up in the short term (meaning that money is going to flood into hard assets soon)?

Where is the quality? Besides metals?

nuslvrkwen
11th September 2008, 13:24
This is a test, right?

If you know what I know you know :o - then you know quality is NOT paper. It's not in real estate. It's in metals. It's foolish to think gold's correction is driving the downfall in silver, as others have posted on other threads. Silver has been MONEY for 5 years now. That's why there are no official US reserves, AND no inventory! We can find some written statement of long term manipulation. It was manipulated to be money. And pay the bills of corporated America.

I bank with Wamu. I've known about it's lending practices all along. Don't have a loan with them, only insured deposit account. Almost all the money going into my bank account there goes OUT electronically. I shift money around to other PM investment vehicles. And get cash out to buy physical. I already know most banks DON'T TOUCH the ACH payments even if the bank goes under. The transaction fees/spreads (if there are any) have already been accounted for in trying to get liquid assets.

But the PRESS accounts are what's freaking me out. The press accounts of the subprime loan issue and how it's affecting banks is part of the problem going towards orchestrated financial down fall. Wamu's loan stuff is going, it's not falling off by having more big defaults. It's issue is its' rating going down. It causes investors NOT to buy the stock. After the banks are taken over, the bond issues are government. But the government bonds get sold! I've seen MORE 1/2 and full page adds from regular banks offering over 4% for CDs of like $1500 or more. Didn't used to have this deal. Short term way to insure and hold cash.

Personally; I'm all for Ferengi Latinum Credits. But, to be honest with you - I've been watching alot of old movies lately on TCM. I'd prefer Ferengi Laudinum Credits instead...:roll:

prahudka
11th September 2008, 13:38
This is a test, right?

If you know what I know you know :o - then you know quality is NOT paper. It's not in real estate. It's in metals. It's foolish to think gold's correction is driving the downfall in silver, as others have posted on other threads. Silver has been MONEY for 5 years now. That's why there are no official US reserves, AND no inventory! We can find some written statement of long term manipulation. It was manipulated to be money. And pay the bills of corporated America.

I bank with Wamu. I've known about it's lending practices all along. Don't have a loan with them, only insured deposit account. Almost all the money going into my bank account there goes OUT electronically. I shift money around to other PM investment vehicles. And get cash out to buy physical. I already know most banks DON'T TOUCH the ACH payments even if the bank goes under. The transaction fees/spreads (if there are any) have already been accounted for in trying to get liquid assets.

But the PRESS accounts are what's freaking me out. The press accounts of the subprime loan issue and how it's affecting banks is part of the problem going towards orchestrated financial down fall. Wamu's loan stuff is going, it's not falling off by having more big defaults. It's issue is its' rating going down. It causes investors NOT to buy the stock. After the banks are taken over, the bond issues are government. But the government bonds get sold! I've seen MORE 1/2 and full page adds from regular banks offering over 4% for CDs of like $1500 or more. Didn't used to have this deal. Short term way to insure and hold cash.

Personally; I'm all for Ferengi Latinum Credits. But, to be honest with you - I've been watching alot of old movies lately on TCM. I'd prefer Ferengi Laudinum Credits instead...:roll:

Alot of big money has been stupid money (except for the Golden Parachutes, short term quarterly teat sucking --bonuses and stock options -- and commissions on moribund hedge funds, all made possible by balance sheets and assets inflated by steroidal debt instruments).

I am presuming that there is a smart play out there besides metal. What is it? Could the problem be the DEMAND for liquidity driving up the value of the dollar? Dollars are a commodity like everything else, but you must convert RE or mortgages into dollars (creating demand in the short term) and then buy something safe (like rice farms or silver).

Looking at all these bailouts, I got the whimsical notion that maybe the US Treasury will bailout the T Bills when they collapse, or wait for our ET overlords to do it for them or something. But, much of the bond market is short term anyway, isnt it? Is this a conversion bubble? Who know about bonds?

I dont think this is just a stupid play in paper. No one is long in the dollar. But, you need to lock the peasants on the third deck while the crew gets the Astors off the Titanic. You need time, a short term bubble to make such things happen. Just throwing out some speculation. I dont know.

Also remember, you probably cant do a 1935 confiscation right now. Congress cant even count to 19 or 35 anymore, or agree that 35 comes after 19. And why bother if you can short the crap out of the market anyway? More conspiracy theories. THinking out loud.

JaySpizzy
11th September 2008, 14:13
I dont think this is just a stupid play in paper. No one is long in the dollar. But, you need to lock the peasants on the third deck while the crew gets the Astors off the Titanic. You need time, a short term bubble to make such things happen. Just throwing out some speculation. I dont know.

Here is an excellent explanation of what is happening today, using a great example from history.

http://www.24hgold.com/viewarticle.aspx?rss=true&langue=en&articleid=314876_The+Robber+Baron+and+the+Black+Kn ight

MetalWorx
11th September 2008, 14:44
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nL0dnrFbhtE&feature=related
Oh, Ohh I see, runnin away eh,
You yellow bastards, come back here and take whats coming to you. I'll bite your legs off:rolleyes:

nuslvrkwen
11th September 2008, 14:52
The Robber Baron & The Black Knight Is a Great Article! WE holding PMs right now, and buying more are very much in the thick of the story! Waiting for outcome after the pre-determined and subtle signals have been made. In the past the signals would be what the investor used to make decisions. All the current signals out in the marketplace now are being put out to confuse what is happening.

IS the price of silver really hurting ANY of us? Are there people on this forum looking to sell at this time? NO. I like to buy physical. But set up a trust account to store bullion until I retire. These current prices were trending down while I was setting up the account! This means the amount of cash flowing into the account will be able to BUY MUCH MORE bullion than it could just 2 months ago! I'm determined to retire no later than 62 years of age, no matter how bad the market has become. This means I have to navigate this pillaging for another 10 years. Well, 5 of it's going to be real pillaging with all the volitility going on. Building principal is what's going on here. I've got a 401K still. And I keep it in the black, though I doubt it will be liquid when I'm ready to retire. It's in paper after all. So I've shifted my paper cash flow to build what I'm thinking I'll be able to sell and live off of in 10 years.

You know what? 10 years ago; I would have told you the same thing! 10 years ago, I wasn't THINKING about a depression!!

5 years from now is when we pretty much EXPECT to be in the depression. All those refusing to dump PMs will see how smart they are.