PDA

View Full Version : New Market

JesterJay
29th August 2008, 14:34
Ladies and Gentlemen,
We are in the New Market Silver Age.
Coin shops are paying big markups over spot (is NOT!) to get it.
They do this since the KNOW they can sell it for 25-35% and MORE over spot.
Their customers are telling them so.
MY lcs bought 4 100 oz bars a few days ago for $1.50 over spot.
They sold all 4 in a matter of hours for $3 over spot.
Spot doesn't go up because paper promises don't care about delivering real silver.
Paper dealers have no intention of dealin' it real- knowing that most of their customers are looking for profits and not REAL SILVER
See???
If they buy it for spot they know sooner or later it will sell for $.55 over, but not much more.
If they can't buy it unless they pay $1.50 over they KNOW they can sell it for $3 over.
Supply and demand.
They can't supply what they don't have.
Even when we DEMAND it!!!
That is why they pay OVER spot. Soon- way over spot.
Further proof that:
Spot is NOT!
JesterJay

JesterJay
29th August 2008, 23:47
What? No one is going to argue with me on this?
JesterJay

hiyosilver
30th August 2008, 01:27
My lcs doesn't need to pay over spot. Everytime I go in there, there's a few people waiting in line waiting to sell not just junk or bullion, but a whole lot of slabbed coins. Sometimes I think the masses are crazy. They sell when the price is low, and buy when it's high, and yet they won't sell it to an individual, but take it to a coin dealer who will pay them even less than the individual would have...:confused:..........and the dealer's vault runneth over....but he's not selling....unless a silverbug walks in that'll pay a few dollars over spot....

skijake
30th August 2008, 01:34
My lcs doesn't need to pay over spot. Everytime I go in there, there's a few people waiting in line waiting to sell not just junk or bullion, but a whole lot of slabbed coins. Sometimes I think the masses are crazy. They sell when the price is low, and buy when it's high, and yet they won't sell it to an individual, but take it to a coin dealer who will pay them even less than the individual would have...:confused:

I know the masses are crazy or was it that the masses know I'm crazy?:confused:

hiyosilver
30th August 2008, 01:47
If you're selling, you're crazy....

fansubs_ca
30th August 2008, 02:00
If you're selling, you're crazy....

...or desperate, sometimes people need to pay for something at a
time that is not the most benificial to sell what they've got and they
have no other way to do it.

balou2
30th August 2008, 02:19
Not crazy to sell at all. I know "this guy", who I'm "very close with", who just sold 4 x 100oz bars at $4 over spot, then turned around and bought 480 ounces. Basically a transaction that allowed for a free 80 ounces to come in to "his" possession.

As for the dealers and lcs's, I can only speak for the ones in my area. They've been selling for $3+ over spot for the entire year, and are indeed buying at $1-$1.25 over spot...even though some of them have stock. Right now, anybody who lives by the spot price as a gauge of wealth is severely out of touch with the value of PM, at least gold and silver. Soon enough, the paper houses will get called, and there will be an upheaval and vigorous restructuring of the way PM investments can go. This will contribute to the sudden and substantial increase in a spot price. Almost like something correcting to itself. I don't know how it will all pan out, but I'm pretty sure it will involve a complete revamping of the way silver is bought and sold.

hiyosilver
30th August 2008, 02:33
I don't know how it will all pan out, but I'm pretty sure it will involve a complete revamping of the way silver is bought and sold.

a war would be a "reason" to confiscate and would certainly revamp buying and selling...that too would stop "those" weasley little silverbugs from crying about naked shorts...

balou2
30th August 2008, 02:40
a war would be a "reason" to confiscate and would certainly revamp buying and selling...that too would stop "those" weasley little silverbugs from crying about naked shorts...

Actually, this possibility is one that I remain in touch with on a regular basis. I don't see it happening anytime soon, but I do absolutely believe that there could be something of this sort in the cards for the future. For that reason, I still cannot believe that people keep PM in safe deposits and storage facilities outside their control.

hiyosilver
30th August 2008, 02:51
The timers here know we're all on the same page. It's a war, not actually battling against ourselves, but a common enemy, and our discussions are only making the recruits aware of the barbed wire...

coinpage-com
30th August 2008, 18:02
Ladies and Gentlemen,
We are in the New Market Silver Age.
Coin shops are paying big markups over spot (is NOT!) to get it.
Further proof that:
Spot is NOT!
JesterJay

How about (S)ilver (P)rice (O)n (T)issuepaper ?

JesterJay
30th August 2008, 18:41
That should help to clean up what hits the fan!
JesterJay

How about (S)ilver (P)rice (O)n (T)issuepaper ?