PDA

View Full Version : Monster box

minesmoria
3rd August 2008, 01:23
I have 5 100 oz engerhard bars i was going to trade in for a 500 oz monster box of either silver maple leafs or eagles.

Since i am canadian i was looking at the maple leafs, do you think one has more value over the other.

balou2
3rd August 2008, 02:22
If I were in the same position, I would make the switch. While I have 100 oz. bars, I really like the rounds, and when it comes to the Maples or ASE's, they carry (or can carry) numismatic premiums that the Eng. bar will not. If the Maples are 2008, aren't they also, .9999? Either way, it's 500 oz., so why not back yourself with the potential to add numismatic value to your holdings? In the end, it's 500oz.

Phaeton
3rd August 2008, 08:19
I would definitely make the trade as well. It's better to have 500 small pieces of silver then 5 large ones - you could sell bits at a time, if needed. I think your best bet is to go with the Maples. There are not as many as eagles, they're more pure and you live in Canada.

TTAZZMAN
3rd August 2008, 15:45
smaller units are more valueable ......but prepare for a monster box to take 5 times the safe space as 5 100oz bars

balou2
3rd August 2008, 22:34
This is true, but depending on what your PM holding is, a balance is good. I prefer the rounds, but have a bunch of 10 oz. and 100 oz as well. Good to have a mix of all things, and if you're just starting out, go for the rounds.

oro-plata
4th August 2008, 16:14
I have 5 100 oz engerhard bars i was going to trade in for a 500 oz monster box of either silver maple leafs or eagles.

Since i am canadian i was looking at the maple leafs, do you think one has more value over the other.

I have been Buying/Selling Silver since 2002. I can definately tell you 3 facts:
1. The purity is higher in Canadian Maples (.9999) soon there will be a .99999
2. I have tended to get/give more for each individual Maple Coin.
3. On places like Ebay, Maples seem to sell for a higher Premium.

http://www.goldandsilverzone.com

Argentum
4th August 2008, 16:27
I would not trade them 100 oz'ers if it resulted in a loss. If even or better, than cool. Otherwise, just start buying MORE silver. I'm a big fan of the CML's. They can often be bought less than the ASE's. FYI, I have Phils, Eagles, Maples, and Libs.

The current CML's are 4-9s Fine. It was stated that they would, at some point in the future, go to 5-9s Fine.