PDA

View Full Version : Happy Longs! $9 is Here!!!

silver100
8th December 2005, 21:06
Just want to give a shout out to all us silverites. $9 silver in Asia tonight. What a great mark. $10 close. Any correction i await to load buy more!

Steve
9th December 2005, 11:15
A correction would be nice. :D

7nomads
30th January 2006, 11:05
I'm still looking for that the correction. If it doesn't come by the end of February, I'll be force to buy back higher than I sold. Oh well, who would have thought.

deafdrummer
2nd February 2006, 22:31
I'm still looking for that the correction. If it doesn't come by the end of February, I'll be force to buy back higher than I sold. Oh well, who would have thought.

What?!? What if it never does? Basically, you made the classic mistake of buying in and selling on profit taking instead of holding long term. The train is taking off and YOU'RE NOT ON IT! What has happened recently, price-wise, is nothing compared to what is about to happen in a few years! Whenever you sell on profit taking, you help to delay the inevitable conclusion to the bull market.

Instead of buying on dips, you might want to try buying on what's called "dollar averaging," where you agree with yourself to buy so many dollars worth of something on a regular basis, like $500 of something a month or $100 every two weeks. Now, you can stretch this a bit, like when you have a big pullback a day or two before the date you plan to buy. If you have the money then, then you can go ahead and buy at the lower price. But otherwise, always agree to buy something no matter what.

You might find silver to be extremely valuable when the Feds come crashing down, no matter how much or how little you have. Remember this - back in 1900, salaries ranged anywhere from 1 to 7 dimes or more for daily labor. Today, there are many more billions of people alive today, AND we don't have anywhere near the silver we had at one time because of industrial usage. Just imagine how long it might take to work for a single dime! So, buy and hold, keep the pressure on the price. Someone's going to eventually buy up most of the silver, and it might as well be you and me, not just me with you left behind at the train station.

Stephanie

7nomads
7th February 2006, 20:30
Okay, correction started IMHO, any guesses out there on the bottom?

deafdrummer
7th February 2006, 23:34
Okay, correction started IMHO, any guesses out there on the bottom?

Very simple... This kind of behavior is normal. Every now and then, you'll get a "correction,' which some people refer to as an euphemism for price suppression. It happens as people sell off for immediate profit. There are periods of consolidation, followed by climbing higher, all in cycles. This pullback we just saw today was expected for some time. I was going to wait until Friday to get my next paycheck and buy more silver for the month, but then, this present happened. Today, I went down to my coin shop and bought at $9.20 an ounce when the going rate was about $9.37 an ounce. The lower the bottom, the more likely I'm to change my disposable income division ratio (what percentage of my disposable income I want to spend on silver in a particular month) to get even more silver. So far, I haven't done this change because I just got my tax return, and we're getting profit sharing at my company this month.

Don't lose sight of the fact that the secular (long-term) trend is still bullish. In other words, don't lose sight of the fact that mining alone cannot meet total annual demand, and aboveground stocks of silver have to be used to meet unmet demand. Don't lose sight of the fact that when we do return to using silver at least as an alternate currency running alongside the dollar bill, there are billions of more people alive today than there were in 1900, and there is much less silver aboveground than there were in 1900. In 1900, people earned from 3-15 dimes a day for labor, sometimes even less. What might it go for today? The same salary, but in a week? A month? Who knows! The idea here if you've stocked up on silver bullion and old silver coins, you're way ahead of the game. And remember, to invest in silver is to invest for the long-term, not to "play the market." In other words, buy and hold for a number of years if necessary. At least, with silver in a general bull market in the long run, my money is best held in the form of silver rather than dollars, which lose value over time. I set up a spread sheet to track my purchases made at a particular price for a particular amount of silver, and then tracking how much I've made on that batch of silver since then. Right now, if I were to sell out today (and I started buying last January), I would gain 20% above what I paid for silver. This is with the pullback factored in! I don't know where I can get this kind of return without being stuck in paper money!

Stephanie
www.deafdrummer.org

Ardent Listener
2nd March 2006, 21:06
Stephine,

You are so cool and so right. I don't know many women, other than you and my wife, who are so into silver. Rock on!

Mr.K
25th June 2006, 18:33
Now is the time to be accumulating Silver. The next big move will happen and soon, Maybe after summer. These low prices may be a thing of the past just like the muscrat coat.

Ardent Listener
25th June 2006, 19:44
Right, and a 10% + rate of return in a little more than 6 months is not all that bad too. :wink:

Silver Bull
25th June 2006, 20:30
The question is: Will you be ready when the time comes?

asurfr
4th July 2006, 11:02
she is sooooo right keep buying hard silver i have accumulated over 700 LBS. over the years Thats a lot for a 36 year old.. Some people think I am crazy. I will be laughing at them when I am 45 and retired......