PDA

View Full Version : new member and new silver purchase today

coinboy1
26th July 2008, 10:17
Hello,

I have been an avid reader of silver articles and I can relate to what is going on in this community. I feel silver is a very good investment and has unseen potential. On that note I would like to share with you guys a purchase I made today.

I bought on eBay 400 silver washington quarters for a price @ $2.25 a quarter. (30% less than market value) The 10% paypal coupon and $250 live.com coupon helped immensley!

I have bought a lot of silver on eBay in the past so I can say eBay is not a bad place to buy silver just make sure the following:
1) the seller has reputable and consistent feedback (i dont buy coins unless the seller has over 500 feedback)
2) buy under market value
3) take advantage of ebay coupons and make money off the bastards!!

I wouldnt sell on eBay because of the outrageous fees. After all is said and done eBay and Paypal takes 10% off your final auction price.

Well im excited to join the forums here and look forward to "meeting" with everyone.

-Tony

bgosche
26th July 2008, 11:29
Then let me be the first to say welcome. I too have been using the Ebay 10% off coupons and hope they keep coming. With the crazy price silver is going for on Ebay every bit helps.

Argentum
26th July 2008, 11:31
Welcome to the boards!

So where do I be getting these 10% coupons?

Raven
26th July 2008, 11:32
Welcome to our hideout. :)
I get all mine from these guys.
http://www.coinandbullion.com/cbsbc.html

balou2
26th July 2008, 12:20
Welcome to our hideout. :)
I get all mine from these guys.
http://www.coinandbullion.com/cbsbc.html

Am I blind? I couldn't find any pricing on silver. Decent ship rates though.

...and indeed...welcome to the board.

Raven
26th July 2008, 12:28
Am I blind? I couldn't find any pricing on silver. Decent ship rates though.

...and indeed...welcome to the board.

Nope your not blind...it's my local dealer. you have to call for prices or just walk in. They sell at $2.00 over spot.

SilverWhore
26th July 2008, 13:12
Nope your not blind...it's my local dealer. you have to call for prices or just walk in. They sell at $2.00 over spot.

Good lord, please find another dealer if you can! $2.00 is like outrageous in my area. I can get flat spot or as measly as 10 cents above at some places and my worst places to buy from are only a dollar above spot.

And welcome to the board Tony.

amadeus
26th July 2008, 13:14
Sweet deal...

I keep hearing about these 10% fleaBay coupons but I never seem to get any... what gives? :confused:

the_moonbeam
26th July 2008, 13:37
Can someone please answer a simple question for me ?
Is the Spot Price based on ounces, or Troy ounces ?

The silver value calculator mentioned in this forum, calculates coin weights in Troy ounces, then mysteriously goes to ounces. Unless the Spot Price is in Troy ounces, then his calculations are off based on 1 Troy ounce = 1.097142 oz.

I assumed the AE is based on it weighing 1.0 oz, which would be 0.911 Troy ounces. Am I screwed in the head ?

Raven
26th July 2008, 14:07
Good lord, please find another dealer if you can! $2.00 is like outrageous in my area. I can get flat spot or as measly as 10 cents above at some places and my worst places to buy from are only a dollar above spot.

And welcome to the board Tony.

If I were to order online or go to another place, I would lose more money due to shipping cost or burning extra gas just to drive to the next place.
Doesn't make financial sense for me to drive an extra 40 miles to save a couple dollars on spot. I pay an extra 8 dollars total when I buy local but would spend more than that out of area. If I were to buy in bulk then yes you would be right...but for now I only buy a couple bars a month.

bgosche
26th July 2008, 14:09
Ebay mails me my coupons or I get them on their main page but they can only be used by the person it was sent to. I believe you have to be at a certain feedback level before they start sending them to you and you'll only see them on the main page once you log in.

Silver prices are based in troy ounces. Here's an example from www.coinflation.com

Example:

There are 0.7735 troy ounces of silver in 1 silver Morgan dollar(s).

Each Morgan dollar contains 0.7735 troy ounces of silver and is valued at $13.42 when silver is at $17.35 / oz.

A roll of Morgan dollars has 20 coins and is valued at $268.39 when silver is at $17.35 / oz.

Renegade
26th July 2008, 23:28
Can someone please answer a simple question for me ?
Is the Spot Price based on ounces, or Troy ounces ?

The silver value calculator mentioned in this forum, calculates coin weights in Troy ounces, then mysteriously goes to ounces. Unless the Spot Price is in Troy ounces, then his calculations are off based on 1 Troy ounce = 1.097142 oz.

I assumed the AE is based on it weighing 1.0 oz, which would be 0.911 Troy ounces. Am I screwed in the head ?

Yep, you're screwed in the head,,,,,,,all PM's are in Troy weights.

Renegade