PDA

View Full Version : The Cost of the Lack of Education...

hiyosilver
25th July 2008, 00:30
Just something I witnessed today..... In my local coin shop, a woman was selling a fortune in collectable coins. Knowing what I would do with the proceeds, (and I think you do too), I wanted to hang around to see her result, but having other business to take care of, I left....... About an hour later I got stuck behind a car going about 15 mph under the speed limit. I'm always curious to what a person who drives like that looks like, so after about 5 minutes, I got an opportunity to pass. It was the woman that was in the coin shop. In my rear view mirror, in horror, I witnessed one of the most depressing things I could imagine....she pulled into the bank....

Phaeton
25th July 2008, 08:00
Just something I witnessed today..... In my local coin shop, a woman was selling a fortune in collectable coins. Knowing what I would do with the proceeds, (and I think you do too), I wanted to hang around to see her result, but having other business to take care of, I left....... About an hour later I got stuck behind a car going about 15 mph under the speed limit. I'm always curious to what a person who drives like that looks like, so after about 5 minutes, I got an opportunity to pass. It was the woman that was in the coin shop. In my rear view mirror, in horror, I witnessed one of the most depressing things I could imagine....she pulled into the bank....

I don't understand hiyosilver, what did she do wrong? She got some real money for them and put it into a nice, safe bank... :cool:

skijake
25th July 2008, 09:08
Great story. I think the average person is truly confused. Then if you add in screaming relatives spouting nonsense they just heard from Katie Couric, well, how could anyone come up with a decent game plan. I'd like to add that her husband probably saved, collected those coins for years much to the annoyance of wife and or kids. Passed away and now the family is doing the RIGHT thing with the loot. LOL:rolleyes:

amadeus
26th July 2008, 13:12
You're just jealous she didn't sell her silly metal tokens to you for REAL money :rolleyes:

hiyosilver
26th July 2008, 14:36
You're just jealous she didn't sell her silly metal tokens to you for REAL money :rolleyes:

Actually I felt sorry for the lady because it was obvious she had no idea what she had, so I know she probably got less than half their FRN value to begin with. But honestly, it would have thrilled me to see what she did get converted to silver bullion. I knew that wasn't going to happen though....therefore the title to this thread.

amadeus
26th July 2008, 15:16
Too bad it was your regular coin shop, you could have tried to offer her more and still gotten a good deal...:)

Phaeton
31st July 2008, 11:08
??????????????????......

the_moonbeam
31st July 2008, 11:15
me, too.
??????????????????

Drumblebum
31st July 2008, 11:37
Spammer... if I knew how I would report this jacka$$ to the mods...

argentos
31st July 2008, 13:07
Doesn't seem to be a "report" button on here, so I just sent an IM to admin about this spammer, using the "Contact Us" button at the bottom of the page.

pkrebaum
31st July 2008, 16:25
to flag, or report, a post......... log in.
look at the upper right corner of the post box.
click on the red triangle thingy with the exclamation point in it.
put your reason for reporting in the text box and submit it.

argentos
31st July 2008, 16:39
Thanks. Why didn't I spot that? Durrrrrrrr.

ballininthamix
31st July 2008, 19:16
reported him first thing this morning :mad:

fansubs_ca
1st August 2008, 00:20
Slightly close to topical by words used but nowhere near due to lack of
clue. I guess since gamers outnumber goldbugs someone didn't realize
that anyone would be discussing _real_ precious metals on the internet
and we _must_ be a gaming forum! :D

Reminds me of when I used to read alt.fan.sailor-moon on Usenet and
once every few months somebody that didn't read any posts and thought
we were a newsgroup for people that sailed at night would make a post
saying they had a yacht for sale! :D

There is spam, and then there is just amusing spam! ;)

JesterJay
1st August 2008, 12:18
One SilverCloud Rolls Royce, vintage 1962.
What?
This isn't the Silvercloud forum?
How about a Cloud with a silver lining?
I'm also LOOKING for one of those.
JesterJay

Slightly close to topical by words used but nowhere near due to lack of
clue. I guess since gamers outnumber goldbugs someone didn't realize
that anyone would be discussing _real_ precious metals on the internet
and we _must_ be a gaming forum! :D

Reminds me of when I used to read alt.fan.sailor-moon on Usenet and
once every few months somebody that didn't read any posts and thought
we were a newsgroup for people that sailed at night would make a post
saying they had a yacht for sale! :D

There is spam, and then there is just amusing spam! ;)