PDA

View Full Version : I must sell 90% silver - - advise?

twostorytripledecker
16th July 2008, 17:20
I am forced to sell about $500 in silver coin. If I take the coins to a dealer, will should I expect to be paid the going rate on the market? Does the price paid vary throughout the day, based on market activity? Oh, I know people on this board always advise holding silver but we have no choice here. And I'm in Boston if anyone is either interested or can recommend a dealer.

Thanks

ballininthamix
16th July 2008, 17:28
You should expect to get 2-4% less than the spot price for your silver. Just depends on where you go. Make sure you check the price before you head to the dealer and know your stuff when you go in there, otherwise you could get taken advantage of.

It's also probably a good idea to get an estimate in your head that is in that 2-4% under spot range before going to sell. That way you'll know if they offer a fair price.

Phaeton
16th July 2008, 17:46
I am forced to sell about $500 in silver coin. If I take the coins to a dealer, will should I expect to be paid the going rate on the market? Does the price paid vary throughout the day, based on market activity? Oh, I know people on this board always advise holding silver but we have no choice here. And I'm in Boston if anyone is either interested or can recommend a dealer.

Thanks

I would be interested in buying at least some of it! I live about an hour from Boston. PM me with the details (what types of 90%, rough quantities) of what you got to sell and I will give you a better deal than the dealers!

JesterJay
16th July 2008, 18:44
I am in a similar situation.
I am selling some 90% (Don't want to sell the SAE's).
I have about 200 each 1964 and prior dated 90% halves. Most are Franklins and with very little wear. Just a few Walking Liberties and a few Kennedys. I do have a full roll of BU Kennedys. I'd prefer to get more than dealer price, though I have a good relationship with my local dealer, BUT I'd prefer to keep it in the family. Dealerman will probably just MELT the coins.
Phaeton, if you don't get enough from tstdecker, give me a RING.
JesterJay

I would be interested in buying at least some of it! I live about an hour from Boston. PM me with the details (what types of 90%, rough quantities) of what you got to sell and I will give you a better deal than the dealers!

digger
17th July 2008, 11:02
Jester, contact me, I may be interested
digger

JesterJay
17th July 2008, 16:21
I can not contact you. You don't accept email and you can't receive pm's.
I bet twostorytripledecker's silver is sold by now judging from the flood of interest I have in my halves.
Regards,
Jay

Jester, contact me, I may be interested
digger

Phaeton
17th July 2008, 16:33
I bet twostorytripledecker's silver is sold by now judging from the flood of interest I have in my halves.

I haven't heard back as of yet....

JesterJay
17th July 2008, 17:28
If you are unable to finish this deal and you are looking for large amounts of 90%, I know of someone selling some bags.
Contact me if interested,
Jay

I haven't heard back as of yet....

twostorytripledecker
17th July 2008, 18:18
Thanks to everyone who has contacted me. Putting a final list together as we speak. Will get back to all of you soon.

Argentum
17th July 2008, 19:31
I have some land... in... hum... Florida...

Sorry, couldn't resist.... :p