PDA

View Full Version : Do I sell this weekend?

7nomads
11th July 2008, 08:59
For the last 3 months I've been picking up rolls here and there. Coin Show this weekend so I figure i would download $50-100 in face value. Any thoughts would be appreciated.

Thanks

mls56
11th July 2008, 09:11
Only if you need the money,& if you think there will be a big dip to buy again, if you can find any to buy?? I have had a hard time getting silver at close to spot, & when I do, it takes 4 to 6 weeks for delievery!

prahudka
11th July 2008, 10:09
For the last 3 months I've been picking up rolls here and there. Coin Show this weekend so I figure i would download $50-100 in face value. Any thoughts would be appreciated.

Thanks

Few here would.

This is a seasonal doldrum. Prices pick up on the fall.

Plus, all commodities are really jumping.

Not a good time to sell, IMHO.

7nomads
11th July 2008, 10:17
Thanks, I'll probably take a couple of rolls with me just to socialize. Its just that at last month's show I bought at 11.5 times face, it tempting to take a small profit of 8-10 % in a month.

balou2
11th July 2008, 10:59
It's a totally personal choice. My felling is that most folks on this board are long term holders and the SLIGHT bump we're seeing now does nothing to tempt anyone. As mentioned, if you need the $$ do it, but we're not going to see dramatic drops in price (for any extended periods of time) anytime soon. It all depends on you.

Scrap Metal
12th July 2008, 15:45
I am not selling...and I could use the money!

I am afraid that there will be an Iran vs. Isreal war, and the US will be sucked in because the Strait of Hormuz must be kept open, and because the Israeli jets will have to fly over Iraq, American controlled air space.

The price of PM's will soar along with oil. If the strait is compromised and insurers will not cover oil tankers in the Persian Gulf...all bets are on for a major recession that will last a long time.

Now is a good time to buy, not sell.

joshrain
12th July 2008, 19:26
try selling some other stuff you don't need first.
sell silver as a last resort.

FedFixNix
13th July 2008, 01:45

Thanks

Not me! I'm going all in, and have been for a while. Gold, silver and oil.

It's the perfect trifecta.

Drumblebum
13th July 2008, 03:22
Not me! I'm going all in, and have been for a while. Gold, silver and oil.

It's the perfect trifecta.

That's it right there.

Selling now would be a baaaaaad idea if you are holding PMs for long term financial security. Gonna be a busy week, I'm afraid, and not in a good way for most people, IMHO.

amadeus
13th July 2008, 12:18
I'm using this spike to dump off some low % silver I've slowly accumulated for cheap cheap cheap (namely war nickels and 40% halves) to turn around and invest the returns into higher % silver. If all you have is high % silver, I would just hang on for the ride.

FedFixNix
13th July 2008, 14:00
I'm using this spike to dump off some low % silver I've slowly accumulated for cheap cheap cheap (namely war nickels and 40% halves) to turn around and invest the returns into higher % silver. If all you have is high % silver, I would just hang on for the ride.

Any 90%? I'd sure be interested.

amadeus
13th July 2008, 14:39
Any 90%? I'd sure be interested.

Nah I'm dumping my war nickels and 40% halves and will probably buy 90% (or canadian 80% if i find it) with the money.

SilverHawk
13th July 2008, 23:07
Don't risk playing the buy dip, sell peak game on the way up. You might get a few trades right, but as soon as you sell at what you think might be a peak, and it goes up even higher, you've just lost a lot of money. Just buy, buy, buy and watch it grow. You'll sleep better at night too.