PDA

View Full Version : Iran Fires Missiles

Argentum
9th July 2008, 08:07
Iran just fired 9 missiles last night to show how they might retaliate if attacked.

These folks are not going away anytime soon.

balou2
9th July 2008, 11:33
Regardless of what it does to the economic market, that makes me very sad.

Argentum
9th July 2008, 15:43
Yes, it is always a sad day when any Nation act this way... including us, the U.S. ((and I'm former military so....))

We never really seem to out grow the sand box.

Drumblebum
9th July 2008, 18:29
Yes, it is always a sad day when any Nation act this way... including us, the U.S. ((and I'm former military so....))

We never really seem to out grow the sand box.

That one statement says a lot. It's a shame that we as human beings can evolve technologically, but our humanism and spiritual growth lags far behind, making us very dangerous to one another, and the planet we live on.

What's it gonna take? Will TSHTF wake the most complacent of us up? Will it shift our development to a more productive course?

Times coming are going to be uncomfortable, to say the least... hopefully there is light on the other side.

nuslvrkwen
9th July 2008, 18:46
These missles were pointed in the direction of Isreal, right? That new treaty Condesleeza signed yesterday with the eastern european block, those missiles are supposed to be aimed at Iran? Instead of Russia? Russia believes they are aimed at them, and will use military might if threatened.

What a waste of time.

argentos
9th July 2008, 19:24
that makes me very sad.

Agree.

Millions of people throughout the world must feel the same and frustrated at our utter inability to do anything to persuade our various "Great Leaders" to see sense.

pkrebaum
9th July 2008, 21:22
thought that title might grab 'ya... ;)

Put yourself in Iran's shoes. If you were bombarded by calls for sanctions and not-so-thinly-veiled threats of military action, how would you feel ?? Probably like lashing out.

How about a constructive solution that allows them to have their nuclear power (though personally I'm against nuclear, they have plenty of sunshine there.... encourage them to buy solar...) without the need to enrich uranium. Both the world's major retailers of nuclear power plants push LWRs, which require 3% enriched uranium. By contrast, CANDU reactors (product of Canada, eh) run on unenriched (natural) uranium. These are safer than old graphite-moderated reactors (aka Chernobyl), the only other type which uses natural uranium. Canada has extensively developed their CANDU system.... we should be pushing these instead of LWR (Light Water Reactor) technology.

My Pants Are Cold
10th July 2008, 02:04
"War will not end until all of the violent people are killed." - Roger Langbecker, in Czarmangis

strongman shelford
10th July 2008, 05:23
I don`t see why a few countries must "encourage others" to do things...

WE MUST REFORM THE UNITED NATIONS.
SO, NO COUNTRY LIKE THE USA, OR CHINA or any "central power" can rule out on the other.

Security council must be abolished.

All the countries should have equal voting power.

These measures will curb military anxiety , finish wars.
A global unified army will prevent violence and wars.
Diplomatic solutions will be the only way.

"I will build a Grand Army of the Republic"

Chancellor Palpatine - Star Wars

LOL

duneyman
10th July 2008, 13:59
If we can remain strong and resolute ( which does seem unlikley given our serious economic problems ) there is definite hope in the long run since Iran's younger generation is dissatisfied with their country and wants change. Also, Iran will be running low on oil within the next decade and may actually become a net importer.

Bill