PDA

View Full Version : silver bar

minesmoria
7th July 2008, 23:57
I just bought two 100 oz engelhard bars with flag case.

Is this a good brand or should i have bought the sunshine mining ones instead.

balou2
8th July 2008, 00:07
I just bought two 100 oz engelhard bars with flag case.

Is this a good brand or should i have bought the sunshine mining ones instead.

Don't know what you paid for them, but Engelhards are about as premium as it gets in the silver world.

JesterJay
8th July 2008, 01:01
There is a certain order I have for manufacturers of silver bullion goods.
I really like Homestake, but you rarely see their stuff anymore and it brings a huge premium. Some of the older more rare items are cool too but hard to find. I don't pay extra for them but I will "flip" them to get MORE SILVER!!!
To the list:
Engelhard
Johnson Matthey
Silvertowne
Sunshine
AMark
Sunshine
Tristate

The top two seem to be a bit above the rest and often trading places for carrying the most value with them. Any of these names are BUYS at reasonable prices. There are others, but this is what I find around here, mostly.
JesterJay

Don't know what you paid for them, but Engelhards are about as premium as it gets in the silver world.

Argentum
8th July 2008, 10:15
minesmoria, that's the sort of question you ask BEFORE you buy. ;)

In any case, they are very well received by the public as per Jester's post. I like the look of new NWTM bars, they sure be shinny - and I'm a sucker for purtty :p

kingdombuilder
8th July 2008, 10:16
You bought the best!:p

balou2
8th July 2008, 10:55
There is a certain order I have for manufacturers of silver bullion goods.
I really like Homestake, but you rarely see their stuff anymore and it brings a huge premium. Some of the older more rare items are cool too but hard to find. I don't pay extra for them but I will "flip" them to get MORE SILVER!!!
To the list:
Engelhard
Johnson Matthey
Silvertowne
Sunshine
AMark
Sunshine
Tristate

The top two seem to be a bit above the rest and often trading places for carrying the most value with them. Any of these names are BUYS at reasonable prices. There are others, but this is what I find around here, mostly.
JesterJay

Don't forget the PanAm brand. This brand has taken a mighty leap in recent years amongst the quality silver-mongers. A-Mark, although mentioned, supplies a lot of blanks to the US Mint, so they're a winner as well (hint...Colorado Gold gets A-Mark at decent prices if you can meet their minimums).

minesmoria
8th July 2008, 19:20
I bought them on ebay as they seem to be the only place in stock.

I payed 1850 each, there has not been much silver on ebay the in the last month or so.

balou2
8th July 2008, 20:47
I bought them on ebay as they seem to be the only place in stock.

I payed 1850 each, there has not been much silver on ebay the in the last month or so.

Really? I see tons of silver on ebay, just way overpriced. In this market, 1850 for 100oz Engelhards isn't the worst deal in town.

minesmoria
8th July 2008, 21:23
Really? I see tons of silver on ebay, just way overpriced. In this market, 1850 for 100oz Engelhards isn't the worst deal in town.

Thers only been one or two pages of silver bars 100 oz, a few months ago there was always 5 or 6 pages of the 100 oz bars

balou2
8th July 2008, 22:28
Thers only been one or two pages of silver bars 100 oz, a few months ago there was always 5 or 6 pages of the 100 oz bars
That may be true. I generally look at ALL silver, and look in reverse (newly listed, for the low BIN, on folks that need cash).

The sheeple are figurin' out that it's a good thing to have.