PDA

View Full Version : Silver shortages in different countries - any signs of it?

maic
12th April 2010, 13:55
What part of the globe you people live in? Yeah most are from USA but the others?
And is there silver available for you to delivery or do you have to wait for it?

I myself live in Finland and here silver market overall is quite small and not much physical stuff goes around, there are two (yeah TWO) dealers here and they together had 450 pcs 1 oz coins in their stock. Pathetic but maic is alright now, enough silver me have, yes :D

tyler1717
12th April 2010, 14:23
I live near Seattle, Wa. I had to wait three months for some silver eagles, I ordered from northwest territorial mint, I got those last week. It's pretty well known they are slow. There is a new coin dealer who opened up over six months ago, a few miles from where I live and he doesn't have anything. I think its because he's new. Theres another place I go that has been in business for forty years and he's had as many silver eagles as I have wanted. He charges a little more but not having to wait makes it worth it.

maic
12th April 2010, 14:42
Here in Holland, silver is available, but I do notice that the premium over spot is rising, the 'cheapest' online supplier now sells eagles, maples, 'wieners' or libertads at 28.5% over spot incl. 6% VAT

How much costs 1oz Eagle or "wiener" in Holland? Here in Finland Eagle is 24 eur/pc and Philharmonikers are not even available anymore (because I bought the last ones :)

Sakata
12th April 2010, 14:56
What part of the globe you people live in? Yeah most are from USA but the others?
And is there silver available for you to delivery or do you have to wait for it?

I myself live in Finland and here silver market overall is quite small and not much physical stuff goes around, there are two (yeah TWO) dealers here and they together had 450 pcs 1 oz coins in their stock. Pathetic but maic is alright now, enough silver me have, yes :D

Maybe I should move to Finland. Sounds like I could make a killing by selling my supply at highly inflated prices due to the lack of supply.

maplesilverbug
12th April 2010, 20:13
TONS of silver up here in Canada -- at least on the West Coast.

Here's a questions (for big land mass countries any way): Do people in different parts of the country buy silver (more silver) than people in other parts of the country?

Would be interesting to find out those stats somehow.

For instance when I've been selling, ALL my mail order shipments (eg. ebay) are to the East Coast. But ALL my in-person buyers have been local (obviously).

That leads to another question: Do some parts of the country experience (LCS) shortages more than other parts?

I'm a curious monkey! :p

Zeus
13th April 2010, 13:49
The st.louis area is cleaned out ;)

no but seriously, st. louis missouri dealers are stripped clean, and all of them are having a hard time getting more.

silverheartbone
13th April 2010, 14:05
The st.louis area is cleaned out ;)

no but seriously, st. louis missouri dealers are stripped clean, and all of them are having a hard time getting more.

SCOTSMAN OUT? https://www.scoins.com/bullionpricessilver.aspx
You must be kidding me.
Have you tried Missouri Coin Company, Inc. (http://mocoin.com/) ?
If they are both out, then it is truly a shortage.

Zeus
13th April 2010, 14:51
SCOTSMAN OUT? https://www.scoins.com/bullionpricessilver.aspx
You must be kidding me.
Have you tried Missouri Coin Company, Inc. (http://mocoin.com/) ?
If they are both out, then it is truly a shortage.

scottsman had zero 100oz, and were low on 10oz's

missouri coin company is the best place in st. louis to get silver, they are the only place with 100oz's

maic
13th April 2010, 15:01
Ha! good for you;) The price right now is 17,21 an ounce, minimum 100. All 4 are the same price overhere, so I guess the libertads ands wieners are relatively cheap.
I was going ro recommend www.coininvest.com, but they already "sold out":

This item is not available for shipment to the selected Ship To country Finland. We have reached the limit of VAT liable goods as per Article 34 of EC directive 2006/112/EC, VAT directive. Please chose a different Ship To country.

Damned EU! so much for the internal market and free trade of goods and services...

I think I will load my truck with some euros and drive to Holland. A little vacation and some more silver!

DaleFromCalgary
13th April 2010, 15:08
Plenty of Ag in YYC. Pd is also starting to show up.

silverheartbone
13th April 2010, 15:26
scottsman had zero 100oz, and were low on 10oz's

missouri coin company is the best place in st. louis to get silver, they are the only place with 100oz's
Well I better get by SCOTSMAN on Thursday to get that last sub 200 FRN bar.
Yes MCC seems to have the best stocks of the local dealers,
although I patronize another shop where I have been given some great deals.

Zeus
13th April 2010, 16:39
Gosh- Chicago has lots of silver and gold. That is not far from St Louis. i55 all the way up. Gary has a few spots too.

Anything IL-IN has plenty of product. This thread is silly. Product is easy to get in the USA.

product is easy to get in the usa if you don't mind waiting way to long from ordering online.......... alot of local coin dealers etc... are running low on 100oz's and 10oz's in my area is all i'm saying...