PDA

View Full Version : Protect Your Wealth From Exploding Debt as States Implode

Jake
6th April 2010, 17:10

What is Truth?
6th April 2010, 17:37
Back to reality folks. Another great post Mr. Jake.

akak
6th April 2010, 17:46
I can just hear the sheeple when the S finally hits the F:

'But why weren't we warned?!"

YOU WERE, dumbshits! But you were too stupid and too lazy to take the time to pull your fat asses away from "American Idol" and the weekend football game, and from your IPods cellphones and crackberries and other ephemeral gizmos, to think for yourself and listen to anyone and anything other than the propaganda of your corporate and fascist masters.

Jake
6th April 2010, 17:48

What is Truth?
6th April 2010, 17:50
Thank you...now...IMO contributing in here is the following:
I'm not saying this is the only way, but it works for me and sometimes for others:
1. Find a relevant article that addresses the subject of this forum.
2. Post it...not just the link, but post it with edits...(removal of unnecessary stuff by posting excerpts so that the focus is about the subject we're focused on---silver or gold)
3. Highlight the main points so that others can either zip through it to get the gist of the article, or can comment on the important aspects.
4. Try...(not always), but try to insert your own comments so you contribute your own thoughts about it...It shows you have an interest in the stuff you posted and you can answer any comments.,
5. Be prepared to read comments by others positively or negatively and respond. Don't post some stupid comment and then get bent out of shape when others tell you you're insane.

If it's a comment and not an article, the same rules should apply in number 5 above.

6. Dig up your silver give it a hug and sigh in relief.

Jake
6th April 2010, 17:53

What is Truth?
6th April 2010, 17:58
Bingo...Sometimes, I wonder if there's even 3 people in my neighborhood who understand what's going on. Not that I'm an expert...as everyone has there own interests where they tend to focus on what they know or are well versed in specific things like economics, etc, but I don't meet many who even try to keep themselves up to date on human events.

Most people seem to know something is wrong, but can't figure it out or what to do about it. They say it's either the republicans or it's the democrats fault. So they cast their votes and start bitching all over when the people they help put into office are worse than what they had before.

Jake
6th April 2010, 18:05

akak
6th April 2010, 18:07
Most people seem to know something is wrong, but can't figure it out or what to do about it. They say it's either the republicans or it's the democrats fault. So they cast their votes and start bitching all over when the people they help put into office are worse than what they had before.

You know, I don't think I am any Einstein, but VERY early on in the process of my political awakening, I realized that there was something fundamentally wrong, if not outright insane, in the whole endless Democrat vs. Republican, "good cop/bad cop" routine, in which voters endlessly flip-flop between the two pro-status quo parties. In NO other aspect of life are people so routinely disappointed and angry as in politics, yet like abused wives, they keep returning to their abusers, hoping that this time it will all work out for the best. What was that classic definition of insanity again?

Not only that, but I was again always struck by the implicit yet overwhelmingly strong message that we as voters must, MUST always chose from ONLY one of these these two establishment parties, ALWAYS, and must NEVER consider any other choice ---- or we are just somehow "wasting our vote"! Yes, voting for that candidate that you REALLY support is somehow "wasting your vote", yet voting for the (slightly) lesser of two evils is somehow not? I have never failed to note that compared to almost ANY other country in the world, including almost every African third-world cesspool, the United States is the LEAST free nation on the face of the earth when it comes to electoral politics. Choice, it seems, is fine for everyone else, but it's "futile" if not "unAmerican" for us!

What is Truth?
6th April 2010, 18:21
The fed- denied PA its plan to toll i80. so now the govr is calling a special session of the "lost" 1/2 bil.

(funny how it is lost when it never existed!)

Selling off pubic assets is about the only thing left for the spendthrift polititions to do. Akron Ohio wanted to sell off their city's sewer system. Pew!, that stinks.

silversurfer1
6th April 2010, 18:53
Jake good post - have been closely following this situation as well. The states financial conditions will make Greece look pale by comparison. This is yet another massive train wreck on the move.

Jake
6th April 2010, 19:00

silversurfer1
6th April 2010, 19:09
Here in California, We have Meg Whitman from Ebay Running for Gov. I can't believe she will be any worse than Arnie, but She talks the same old tired stuff. "We can do better". "We can get the budget balanced" ...I've grown tired of the political babbling in California as nothing comes of it. Nothing's going to change, California is THE most liberal state, including MA, in the union. Meg has proposed cutting up to 40,000 govt workers---let's see if she really does what she says.

Jake it's rapidly approaching where the situation will control the politicians and not the politicians trying to control the situation. Meg will have to cut alot more than 40,000 workers when it's all said and done. And yes it's the same tired old crap. Comes out of Washington too.

What is Truth?
6th April 2010, 19:18
IL might sell its lottery- some fancy scheme. "unlike" toll ways- they claim. which somehow is hard to imagine.

Former Governor Bob Taft of Ohio (R) wanted to sell the Ohio Turnpike. I wonder if the buyers would offer a "finders fee" ?