PDA

View Full Version : USD$/CDN$ parity coming soon!

nmreich
5th April 2010, 11:45
We are almost there!

I just did my USA taxes and I am getting a huge refund this year (due to me not working for a large part of '09 and selling my house and moving to Canada)!

I'm going to buy several ounces of gold and a couple platinum and of course some silver (I'm a little light on gold at the moment). I may also invest some in mining stocks. Diversify.

of one mine
5th April 2010, 11:57
Even though my wife hasnt worked we still owed! Sucks!
I should just buy silver when I get the money I would buy gold but no way of knowing if I could get the frn money anytime soon. One thing for sure I will know a lot more next month if I will have the cash to do something wish me luck.

of one mine

ArchitectJS
5th April 2010, 12:04
[QUOTE=nmreich;99353]We are almost there!

I just did my USA taxes and I am getting a huge refund this year (due to me not working for a large part of '09 and selling my house and moving to Canada)! [QUOTE]

How did you move to Canada?

I have the ability to become a Canadian citizen if I can meet the residency requirement. Not sure how I could do that legally and be able to work.

I guess I could visit and never go back, just like any other illegal alien.

Not sure how i could get my wife to move their either...

nmreich
5th April 2010, 12:15
How did you move to Canada?

I have the ability to become a Canadian citizen if I can meet the residency requirement. Not sure how I could do that legally and be able to work.

I guess I could visit and never go back, just like any other illegal alien.

Not sure how i could get my wife to move their either...

I am a Canadian Citizen already (dual). Canada is rated as "diffucult" to be come a citizen.

I had to sponsor my wife (US Citizen) to become a permanent resident of Canada. The application was 150 pages!

I found the following forum to be VERY helpful. You can go there and ask questions because there are quite a few people who are trying to get up here too, some from Europe as well.

http://www.expatforum.com/expats/canada-expat-forum-expats-living-canada/

DaleFromCalgary
5th April 2010, 12:37
"I'm going to buy several ounces of gold and a couple platinum and of course some silver"

Don't forget some palladium. Bullion prices are level in Canada because the loonie is going up at the same rate that the US$ prices are falling.

ArchitectJS
5th April 2010, 14:19
I am a Canadian Citizen already (dual). Canada is rated as "diffucult" to be come a citizen.

I had to sponsor my wife (US Citizen) to become a permanent resident of Canada. The application was 150 pages!

I found the following forum to be VERY helpful. You can go there and ask questions because there are quite a few people who are trying to get up here too, some from Europe as well.

http://www.expatforum.com/expats/canada-expat-forum-expats-living-canada/

My mother is canadian so I can qualify for citizenship. I just have to convince the 3 anchors i live with.

I'll check out the site.