PDA

View Full Version : Coming Short Disaster

silversurfer1
4th April 2010, 11:58
Now even the Huffington Post is in on it....

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/nathan-lewis/its-ponzimonium-in-the-go_b_519893.html

tyler1717
4th April 2010, 12:24
Kudo to the huffington post. I never thought I'd say that. People on the right tell you to hate the huffington post but its funny because I haven't seen any right wing publicatin or tv show talk about this. The right has fallen in with the main stream media and ignored this blockbuster of a story. Yet on glen becks show your bombarded with gold commercials and beck has talked about gold before. I know he was off last week (must be nice considering he had two weeks off in december) so I will hold out hope he talks about it. But sadly thats just a fantasy he will probably ignore it like the hack he is.

silversurfer1
4th April 2010, 12:41
Kudo to the huffington post. I never thought I'd say that. People on the right tell you to hate the huffington post but its funny because I haven't seen any right wing publicatin or tv show talk about this. The right has fallen in with the main stream media and ignored this blockbuster of a story. Yet on glen becks show your bombarded with gold commercials and beck has talked about gold before. I know he was off last week (must be nice considering he had two weeks off in december) so I will hold out hope he talks about it. But sadly thats just a fantasy he will probably ignore it like the hack he is.

Tyler1717 come to think of it that's a good point about the right not talking about this - they don't. With those people it's just the "war on terror" or some other crap. It will be interesting to see how this plays out.

Jake
4th April 2010, 13:28

akak
4th April 2010, 14:20
Tyler1717 come to think of it that's a good point about the right not talking about this - they don't. With those people it's just the "war on terror" or some other crap.

That's because the Powers-that-be only want them to play on exaggerated and imaginary fears, not real ones, like economic decline, growing statist authoritarianism and surveillance, and inevitable currency collapse.

DaleFromCalgary
4th April 2010, 14:46
"example of a right-leaning paper ignoring the story"

The gold/silver story is completely off the radar of Calgary mass media, although they do occasionally mention Peak Oil because we live and die on the price of petroleum. We have two newspapers: the Calgary Herald (right of centre), by and for the mainstream businessman, and the working-class Calgary Sun (far right), which considers Maggie Thatcher and Ronald Reagan to have been soft on the issues.

Television won't discuss gold or silver because there are no flames, explosions, or wrecked vehicles. They do discuss oil because they can show a pumpjack or a giant haul truck up at the Athabasca Tar Sands. Instead of Ted Butler, silver bugs need a spokesperson who looks like Raquel Welch in her prime and wears low-cut sweaters.

silversurfer1
4th April 2010, 17:31
DaleFromCalgary & Akak you hit the nail on the head. I couldn't have said it better. Now Jim Sinclair stated (as been posted already) that all this new shorting whistleblowing won't have any effect. God Jim I hope you're wrong!!

Mighty_Men_of_Baltimore
4th April 2010, 21:34
Don't forget the possible "force majeure". GATA talked about it at the CFTC meeting. It's a way to avoid having to cover a short position.

is a common clause in contracts which essentially frees both parties from liability or obligation when an extraordinary event or circumstance beyond the control of the parties, such as a war, strike, riot, crime, or an event described by the legal term "act of God" (e.g., flooding, earthquake, volcanic eruption), prevents one or both parties from fulfilling their obligations under the contract. H

Considering the amount of outright fraud going on in "free markets", it wouldn't surprise me.

Mighty_Men_of_Baltimore
4th April 2010, 21:37
Tyler1717 come to think of it that's a good point about the right not talking about this - they don't. With those people it's just the "war on terror" or some other crap. It will be interesting to see how this plays out.

We also like to spend time shooting our guns and defending your right to say BS like that.

Any other lame brain comments to make while I'm here?

528hemi
5th April 2010, 07:29
"example of a right-leaning paper ignoring the story"

The gold/silver story is completely off the radar of Calgary mass media, although they do occasionally mention Peak Oil because we live and die on the price of petroleum. We have two newspapers: the Calgary Herald (right of centre), by and for the mainstream businessman, and the working-class Calgary Sun (far right), which considers Maggie Thatcher and Ronald Reagan to have been soft on the issues.

Television won't discuss gold or silver because there are no flames, explosions, or wrecked vehicles. They do discuss oil because they can show a pumpjack or a giant haul truck up at the Athabasca Tar Sands. Instead of Ted Butler, silver bugs need a spokesperson who looks like Raquel Welch in her prime and wears low-cut sweaters.

I sent it in to Angus Watt [edmonton sun/global tv] No response as of yet.....MAYBE the long weekend?

silversurfer1
5th April 2010, 07:51
We also like to spend time shooting our guns and defending your right to say BS like that.

Any other lame brain comments to make while I'm here?

Yes I do have another lame brain comment about some of the phony "far right." They pretend to stand up for America (in their own way) and then turn around and talk about the "rights of Israel". That is where they lose it with me. Israel clearly has a very negative stranglehold over American foreign policy. And too when is the last time you heard Rush Limbaugh talk about Silver naked shorting? Or Sean Hannity? Or Sarah Palin? Or Bill O'Reilly?

Wake up and really learn to see through the BS on BOTH side of the political spectrum.

DaleFromCalgary
5th April 2010, 09:59
"I sent it in to Angus Watt [edmonton sun/global tv] No response as of yet.....MAYBE the long weekend?"

Did you remember to wear the low-cut blouse?

akak
5th April 2010, 16:28
Don't forget the possible "force majeure". GATA talked about it at the CFTC meeting. It's a way to avoid having to cover a short position.

is a common clause in contracts which essentially frees both parties from liability or obligation when an extraordinary event or circumstance beyond the control of the parties, such as a war, strike, riot, crime, or an event described by the legal term "act of God" (e.g., flooding, earthquake, volcanic eruption), prevents one or both parties from fulfilling their obligations under the contract. H

Considering the amount of outright fraud going on in "free markets", it wouldn't surprise me.

This is why I don't think any "silver moonshot" is going to happen the way some overly enthusiastic silver bulls predict it will --- because the Big Boys will just change the rules of the game when market circumstances start seriously working against them. They already did it before, in 1980 with the Bunk brothers ---- what makes anyone think that the same thing, writ larger, would not just happen again?

Mighty_Men_of_Baltimore
5th April 2010, 16:34
Yes I do have another lame brain comment about some of the phony "far right." They pretend to stand up for America (in their own way) and then turn around and talk about the "rights of Israel". That is where they lose it with me. Israel clearly has a very negative stranglehold over American foreign policy. And too when is the last time you heard Rush Limbaugh talk about Silver naked shorting? Or Sean Hannity? Or Sarah Palin? Or Bill O'Reilly?

Wake up and really learn to see through the BS on BOTH side of the political spectrum.

What kind of garbled response of self-serving propaganda manure was that?

You've totally lost my respect. Added to my ignore list. And good riddance!

akak
5th April 2010, 16:50
What kind of garbled response of self-serving propaganda manure was that?

You've totally lost my respect. Added to my ignore list. And good riddance!

I don't know, MMOB, SilverSurfer made perfect sense to me!

If I may paraphrase him, the so-called "conservatives" on the national political stage are just as evil, and just as destructive to liberty and the truth, as are the so-called "liberals". It took me years to recognize that fact, and fully admit it to myself, but now it is so self-evident that I am amazed it is not instantly obvious to EVERY American!

(I exempt Ron Paul from that sweeping but accurate assessment, however.)

silversurfer1
5th April 2010, 17:27

If I may paraphrase him, the so-called "conservatives" on the national political stage are just as evil, and just as destructive to liberty and the truth, as are the so-called "liberals". It took me years to recognize that fact, and fully admit it to myself, but now it is so self-evident that I am amazed it is not instantly obvious to EVERY American!

Thanks for the defense Akak. And yes I concur with you about Ron Paul - he is one of the few in Washington with his head screwed on. I gave up long ago on the whole "Republican-Democrat" thing. They are both controlled by the same demonic higher powers. It's really political theatre for the most part.

tyler1717
5th April 2010, 17:36

When someone on the right does something wrong like sean vannity stealing money from the troops, freedom alliance and four cents on the dollar going to troops, and spending it on g fives and expensive hotels no one calls him out on it. I'm a conservative but main stream conservatives lost my support. Especially when the four cops got killed a few miles from where I live it turned out mike huckabee paroled the cop killer in arkansas he was sentenced to over a hundred and fifty years. No one called huckabee out on that everyone on fixed news was defending him. And here I thought the right was tough on crime. They just use these issues to pad there wallets. Anyone interested in the truth on these right wing phonies should check out debbieschlussel.com Shes a conservative like me and calls bs on both sides. I'm watching beck right now and wouldn't you know no mention of silver manipulation. The biggest fraud in history and the right continues to stay mum.

tyler1717
5th April 2010, 17:59
http://www.debbieschlussel.com/20046/responding-to-schlussel-expose-charity-navigator-downgrades-hannity-charity-freedom-alliance-rating-now-only-2-stars-needs-improvement/comment-page-1/#comment-254001

I was tempted to make this a forum thread but there to many vannity drones for me to deal with the death threats. This is a follow up article to others she has done on vannity. If you can't criticize your own side who can you criticize? I encourage any one to read it if your interested in the truth about sean hannity.

Mighty_Men_of_Baltimore
5th April 2010, 18:10
When someone on the right does something wrong like sean vannity stealing money from the troops, freedom alliance and four cents on the dollar going to troops, and spending it on g fives and expensive hotels no one calls him out on it. I'm a conservative but main stream conservatives lost my support. Especially when the four cops got killed a few miles from where I live it turned out mike huckabee paroled the cop killer in arkansas he was sentenced to over a hundred and fifty years. No one called huckabee out on that everyone on fixed news was defending him. And here I thought the right was tough on crime. They just use these issues to pad there wallets. Anyone interested in the truth on these right wing phonies should check out debbieschlussel.com Shes a conservative like me and calls bs on both sides. I'm watching beck right now and wouldn't you know no mention of silver manipulation. The biggest fraud in history and the right continues to stay mum.

Oh stop. Debbie Schlussel is making money by claiming Sean Hannity is stealing.

Well isn't she?

Besides which, all that's been denied and has not been proven.

Why would Beck, Hannity, Rush, etc care about silver? They are TV and RADIO ENTERTAINERS, not salesmen for the silver market. Only the liberals feel threatened by them.

Jake
5th April 2010, 18:10

tyler1717
5th April 2010, 18:17
Oh stop. Debbie Schlussel is making money by claiming Sean Hannity is stealing.

Well isn't she?

Besides which, all that's been denied and has not been proven.

Why would Beck, Hannity, Rush, etc care about silver? They are TV and RADIO ENTERTAINERS, not salesmen for the silver market. Only the liberals feel threatened by them.

Why don't you read the article I posted and respond back afterwards. No actually debbie is not making money she has a blog big deal. Hannity and all those guys make tens of millions. With the investigative work debbie has done I hope she's making a living but her real job is a lawyer. Dude we probably agree on political issues but when you can't look at your own side with a critical eye it makes you look like a fool. Why did hannitys charity get downgraded? You won't answer that but its because what debbie uncovered is true. I used to listen to nine hours of talk radio a day and one day I woke up and hopefully one day soon you'll see the light. Anyways with guys like hannity we'll get another mccain nomination. Hannity thought bush was a good president and is supporting mccain in arizona. Is that really somebody you want to defend?

tyler1717
5th April 2010, 18:32
Your post made me look for stories on this subject and I was amazed.
This was the only story I was able to find: and it talks about how Gensler pledges "Strong Regulation" http://www.foxnews.com/wires/2009Feb25/0,4670,CommoditiesAgencyChairman,00.html
See my Thumbnails:

The scary part is if you switched the name fox news and put in cnbc or fox business you'd probably get the same results.

Jake
5th April 2010, 18:34
The scary part is if you switched the name fox news and put in cnbc or fox business you'd probably get the same results.
I did that...but I KNEW the results already.

silversurfer1
5th April 2010, 18:50
I did that...but I KNEW the results already.

The bottom line here is that "most" all of the MSM really hasn't jumped on what is really going on with this economic disaster we're in. But anyway....let's move on because WE certainly know what's going on.

Mighty_Men_of_Baltimore
5th April 2010, 19:34
Why don't you read the article I posted and respond back afterwards. No actually debbie is not making money she has a blog big deal. Hannity and all those guys make tens of millions. With the investigative work debbie has done I hope she's making a living but her real job is a lawyer. Dude we probably agree on political issues but when you can't look at your own side with a critical eye it makes you look like a fool. Why did hannitys charity get downgraded? You won't answer that but its because what debbie uncovered is true. I used to listen to nine hours of talk radio a day and one day I woke up and hopefully one day soon you'll see the light. Anyways with guys like hannity we'll get another mccain nomination. Hannity thought bush was a good president and is supporting mccain in arizona. Is that really somebody you want to defend?

A lawyer. Yeah, there's someone who really tells the truth. Trained liars, mostly. Not all, but about 95%.

Repeat after me. I don't take entertainers seriously. I don't take entertainers seriously. I don't take entertainers seriously. I don't take entertainers seriously. And this includes Hannity, Limbaugh, Schlussel, etc.

Come on you can do it!

goldsilber
6th April 2010, 11:07
Coming Short Disaster

... many here are more or less desperately longing for it.
The point is, the big shorts are the custodians of the SLV inventories. And the SLV claims to be backed by 300 m/o silver.
I don't know how much of it is really in their vaults, but there will be no silver shortage as long as the SLV shares are backed by even 1 ounce silver.

goldsilber
7th April 2010, 07:31
Coming Short Disaster

In 2010 the SLV inventory decreased about 9 m/o.
Ted Butler interprets it saying it is no investment liquidation, but producers who need physical silver and don't find it on the open market.
I could go with it, but I note that at the same time the comex inventories are increasing. I have no clue what does it mean, but it seems that big amounts of silver are being taken out from the SLV and put it in the comex inventories.