PDA

View Full Version : Here we freakin' go again with the manipulation.....

MikeJ
26th March 2010, 09:11
Same time every day the US gov't takes down gold and silver using paper bullshit. Its so blantant and obvious its a joke. I can't wait till they get caught with their pants down and get what they deserve.

What is Truth?
26th March 2010, 10:45
They just "manipulated" the price of silver back to $17.00 again. ;)

skijake
26th March 2010, 10:55
They just "manipulated" the price of silver back to $17.00 again. ;)

And what price do you think it should be manipulated to?:confused:

Manipulation is ______?
A. A fact of life
B. The way to go
C. Dead wrong

What is Truth?
26th March 2010, 11:08
And what price do you think it should be manipulated to?:confused:

Manipulation is ______?
A. A fact of life
B. The way to go
C. Dead wrong

I was just trying to make the point no one ever says that silver was manipulated up but they sure do when it goes down.

Answer D. Manipulation is an excuse when we are wrong about the price of silver.

MikeJ
26th March 2010, 11:21
Gold and silver will never be manipulated down because it competes with paper currency. They hate precious metals because it forces fiscal dicipline. So until we get a gold backed currency again, you'll see every attempt possible to take it down.

skijake
26th March 2010, 11:24
I was just trying to make the point no one ever says that silver was manipulated up but they sure do when it goes down.

Answer D. Manipulation is an excuse when we are wrong about the price of silver.

I reasoned that.
In the end it is about manipulation of sorts.
Silver, in this case, can never find it's own true worth.
Remove the un-natural price manipulation and let the chips fall where they may.
As long as the price manipulations exist {assuming they do, I happen to believe that they do} everytime there is ANY movement up or down manipulation can be blamed. Take it out of the equation and then it's just poor little ole silver out there on stage all by his lonesome.
Why won't they take that risk. Heck, it could sink all the way back to our day to day coinage.
Wouldn't that be grand?

What is Truth?
26th March 2010, 11:25
Gold and silver will never be manipulated down because it competes with paper currency. They hate precious metals because it forces fiscal dicipline. So until we get a gold backed currency again, you'll see every attempt possible to take it down.

But the argument is that it, especially silver, has been manipulated down in price. So has it or hasn't it? Besides, why would they worry about silver? No central bank holds much or any of it and it is not used as a monetary metal any longer. Why not manipulate copper down too?

MikeJ
26th March 2010, 11:30
But the argument is that it, especially silver, has been manipulated down in price. So has it or hasn't it? Besides, why would they worry about silver? No central bank holds much or any of it and it is not used as a monetary metal any longer. Why not manipulate copper down too?

I meant to say "will always be manipulated down". Oops!:mrgreen:

What is Truth?
26th March 2010, 11:38
I meant to say "will always be manipulated down". Oops!:mrgreen:

No embarrassment. These discussions are so exciting that I too make boo boos. :mrgreen:

What is Truth?
26th March 2010, 12:19
Speaking of manipulation. Is it manipulation for those who sell silver and gold to continuously use fear to sell their precious metals even when they don't really believe it themselves?

DaleFromCalgary
26th March 2010, 14:02
It is a problem of defining "they". Governments and central banks may fiddle the price of gold but not other metals. However, the Wall Street banksters are short-selling many types of metals, not because they are part of any currency conspiracy but because they make their money trading. The more chaotic the market, the more they make.