PDA

View Full Version : will silver drop in the summer?

joshrain
19th June 2008, 22:03
hi,

lot of experts are predicting silver will fall in the summer.
should i wait a bit and buy? i am bullish on silver, but if i can get more oz for the worthless dollar, it will be a good buy.

also, today oil fell and yet silver held its ground, which shows signs of bullishness, what do you folks think?

strongman shelford
19th June 2008, 22:17
future is unpredictable
I am telling what is the biggest driver for the 3 days ahead.

SAUDI SUMMIT. OIL.

if something goes wrong there, OIL 150$ on Monday.

and you `ll have to pay more for silver and gold

plus 2)

Asian Markets down now.

Dow very close to 12000. very nasty moment for stocks

You must consider all the options.

bye!

skijake
19th June 2008, 22:30
Not to be snide,but don't worry about the day to day ,month to month season to season price changes. If you have little to no silver, start now. If you stay in this arena for several "seasons" you will squirm with delight and kick yourself endlessly with what ifs and how comes! Don't blow all your dough at once. Keep in mind it was easier to make these decisions at 5 and 7 dollars; then look at those 5 year charts. Those big rides and sharp losses truly happened to real people, but if you didn't sell out or get too greedy we still have our silver. What would you rather have, some depreciating dollars locked in CD or bond for a lousy 5% a year. Or some shares of some nice honest banks? You have to make a decision and stick to your guns if you know you are right. Good luck and enjoy the ride-Cheers;)

FedFixNix
19th June 2008, 23:43
hi,

lot of experts are predicting silver will fall in the summer.
should i wait a bit and buy? i am bullish on silver, but if i can get more oz for the worthless dollar, it will be a good buy.

also, today oil fell and yet silver held its ground, which shows signs of bullishness, what do you folks think?

Will raindrops fall in the summer?

You can be assured silver, and gold, and oil, will rise in the summer, and fall in the summer, and in the autumn, and in the winter.

But it will especially fall in the fall....;) And then it will rise.

Exactly what kind of investing in silver are you planning to do? Futures? Options? Mining stocks? ETFs? What kinds of dollar amounts are we talking here, and what are your investment objectives?

joshrain
20th June 2008, 00:11
it seems like every now and then i seem to need some motivation when someone (experts) talk negative and i keep doubting myself even after reading and educating myself.

i was thinking of buying some physical silver worth around 3k, will go and do that and stop worrying too much about declines.

thanks folks!

Round Town
20th June 2008, 11:14
Here is how I look at this issue.
By weight.
An ounce of silver will be an ounce no matter the season or the dollar valuation.
I figure the price this way.

Cost of a gallon of gas $4.00 divided by the weight of a 90% silver quarter gives a good current dollar value for silver. If you can buy for less than this, you are doing great.

$4.00/ .18084 = $22.119 an ounce
Current spot $17.46, this means silver is underpriced. BUY NOW!

The view from my pile, yours may be different
Bob

duneyman
20th June 2008, 16:08
I have been following silver for seven years now. Although the price is quite volatile and could drop well below the 200 day moving average that is unlikely and in any event would quickly rebound after a few days. The 200 day moving average is steadily rising and wili continue to do so for the next few months at least and the average just went over 16 dollars an ounce. Buying some now is a safe bet especially if you are in it for the long term. It could drop briefly in the next few weeks and again in August or September but it is likely to be much higher after the elections are over.