PDA

View Full Version : CFT crackdown may hurt metals, say traders

LETMYSILVERGO
23rd March 2010, 18:47
W.T.F. -- i think this article is bs, SHOULD HAVE LEFT IT WHERE i FOUND IT.

http://www.amm.com/login/amm-*/2010-03-09__16-14-56.html/CFTC+crackdown+may+hurt+metals+say+traders

CFTC crackdown may hurt metals, say traders
By Anne RileyPublished: Mar 9 2010 4:12PM

With a Commodity Futures Trading Commission (CFTC) hearing on increased regulation in the metals futures markets just two weeks away, market participants say they are bracing for a possible liquidity drain.

Although the hearing scheduled for March 25 is only the first step in the federal agency's potential push to curb speculative positions in the market, players in the trading sector warn that any regulatory crackdown could have disastrous effects.

If the government body is successful in its attempt to limit speculative positions, liquidity will be the first casualty, according to players in the futures market.

"I think at any point of time that you look at a modification or a reduction (in the size) of position limits, it has a negative impact on liquidity," Frank McGhee, head dealer at Integrated Brokerage Services LLC, told AMM. "Absent speculation, you lose liquidity. If you eliminate or curtail a significant pool of liquid capital, you'll end up having significantly less-efficient...

This is a preview of the article. The full article is available only to our subscribers and trial user

Sakata
23rd March 2010, 18:49
Too bad you have to log in to read it.

tim
23rd March 2010, 19:13
The Claims By These Insiders Remind Me Of The Fed Reserve Response To Ron Pauls Request To Audit The Fed.........." If We Reveal What We Do Then It Will Impact Our Independance And Negativley Impact The Markets"" Lets Shine Some Light On All Theses Cockroaches!!!

skijake
23rd March 2010, 19:50
The Claims By These Insiders Remind Me Of The Fed Reserve Response To Ron Pauls Request To Audit The Fed.........." If We Reveal What We Do Then It Will Impact Our Independance And Negativley Impact The Markets"" Lets Shine Some Light On All Theses Cockroaches!!!

Couldn't have said it any better Tim.
This Pond Scum needs to be flushed.

Look we know we're corrupt and deserve no defense, but aren't some of the things we do for the market worth supporting so we can continue our corruption of said market?
Of course they are.:rolleyes:
You have to think like a blood-sucking investment banker or perhaps a member of Congress for reasoning like this to hold any weight.

Let Silver and Gold soar or sink on it's own merits without the manipulation.
If it sinks and can actually be purchased and delivered, I'm a buyer.
If it soars I might sell a little bit to help with the supply.:cool: