PDA

View Full Version : Mexican Drug Wars Explode

silversurfer1
20th March 2010, 22:03
Does anyone speak Spanish on this board....can you say..."border war"?

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/centralamericaandthecaribbean/mexico/7482825/Mexico-president-struggles-as-drug-war-explodes-across-the-country.html

of one mine
21st March 2010, 00:53
Buena dias senor silverseeker! It is I pablo, together we trim the hedges of many small villages! (Crowd roars) Ok so Im not totally spanish. Actually My line is native american. How I dont know how, just kidding. I actually have firsthand info on the happenings in other countries. I knew before you did or the news. I also know that these guys will not give up. THey are dedicated to do what we know is crime and drugs. No matter where you come from you should not go to mexico. Trust me you are safer elsewhere, Do not let your family members travel to mexico. I used to go as a kid and its nothing like it used to be. Its my opinion that mexico may not be safe for a number of years. Even then I still would not travel alone or trust the mexican police. Never did anyways, be safe guys go to more friendly countries if you have to travel.

Take care
of one mine:cool:

Katwoman
21st March 2010, 06:37
Legalize the drugs...no hay problema. Fighting a war on drugs is nonsensical.

UmassSteve
21st March 2010, 08:25
Legalize the drugs...no hay problema. Fighting a war on drugs is nonsensical.

Hear hear! Legalize all drugs, shift focus from prosecution to rehabilitation (Look up Portugal's sharply falling drug use patterns) and we can save billions of dollars on the legal side and billions of dollars on the lost taxes side. Estimates for lost taxes on pot + money spent on prosecuting pot are about 73 billion dollars a year. And that doesn't include any of the recent border war crap.

With a legal drug market in the US, use rates would fall, drugs would be produced here (We could use any boost to the economy...) and money and guns would stop flowing south across the border. There's a really simple fix to our drug/violence problem and South Americas drug/violence/corruption problem, people just don't want to consider it.

Katwoman
21st March 2010, 08:55
Hear hear! Legalize all drugs, shift focus from prosecution to rehabilitation (Look up Portugal's sharply falling drug use patterns) and we can save billions of dollars on the legal side and billions of dollars on the lost taxes side. Estimates for lost taxes on pot + money spent on prosecuting pot are about 73 billion dollars a year. And that doesn't include any of the recent border war crap.

With a legal drug market in the US, use rates would fall, drugs would be produced here (We could use any boost to the economy...) and money and guns would stop flowing south across the border. There's a really simple fix to our drug/violence problem and South Americas drug/violence/corruption problem, people just don't want to consider it.

You know we disagree on almost everything else but this is really one of the most brilliant things to ever come out of your mouth. Especially when one considers the crime statistics and how this is used by anti second amendment nut cases to paint "guns" as the problems as if the illegal drugs trafficking would just stop if we made guns illegal.

The border situation in Arizona is so dangerous right now that it is truly comparable to Afghanistan and yet that idiot Janet Napolitano fails to offer up the equivalent of your sound advise to the president as a possible solution......even Hillary Clinton has noted that the war on drugs is futile!!

The sooner we make marijuana legal the sooner we can start saving money increasing taxes, emptying out jails and creating jobs.

The alcohol prohibition and cigarettes taught us anything in the past 100 years it is that regulation is the problems and that attitudes and knowledge about dangers etc. are more effective means of attenuating usage of any drug be it nicotine or pot or cocaine.

admthrwn
21st March 2010, 09:12
Buena dias senor silverseeker! It is I pablo, together we trim the hedges of many small villages! (Crowd roars) Ok so Im not totally spanish. Actually My line is native american. How I dont know how, just kidding. I actually have firsthand info on the happenings in other countries. I knew before you did or the news. I also know that these guys will not give up. THey are dedicated to do what we know is crime and drugs. No matter where you come from you should not go to mexico. Trust me you are safer elsewhere, Do not let your family members travel to mexico. I used to go as a kid and its nothing like it used to be. Its my opinion that mexico may not be safe for a number of years. Even then I still would not travel alone or trust the mexican police. Never did anyways, be safe guys go to more friendly countries if you have to travel.

Take care
of one mine:cool:

Hah, been watching The Three Amigo's a little too much eh? http://www.kolobok.us/smiles/standart/yahoo.gif

MasterQ
22nd March 2010, 06:30
The sooner we make marijuana legal the sooner we can start saving money increasing taxes, emptying out jails and creating jobs.

The alcohol prohibition and cigarettes taught us anything in the past 100 years it is that regulation is the problems and that attitudes and knowledge about dangers etc. are more effective means of attenuating usage of any drug be it nicotine or pot or cocaine.

Government's especially ours would not have a more lucrative source of untraceable cash to take sides in assorted global conflicts without the drug war. Don't forget that part!

This is why a child rapist gets 3-4 years in prison and a small time cocaine possessing junky gets 60 years. Got to love this country!

http://blogs.houstonpress.com/hairballs/2010/03/bay_city_crack_overkill.php

Yes, Texas, we are a border state too!

/facepalm

-Q

Katwoman
23rd March 2010, 02:50
From what I am hearing from people I know along the border the situation is about to get really really bad. If you live on the border you should be packing heat and be very careful all the time now. Remember not to engage the criminals crossing the border yourself but rather to alert the border patrol of their whereabouts and let the patrol officers engage them for you.

Remember if you do not follow this SOP Janet Napolitano might mistake you for a right wing terrorist, lock you up for treason, give the poor illegal healthcare and a sandwich at your expense and then seize your home via the eminent domain rule and turn it into a halfway house for the illegals to live in!!

I wish I was kidding about this but those of you who live on the border now I am not. We have no money to secure the border but plenty of money to insure illegals!!

Please be careful and God bless.

cdavport
23rd March 2010, 21:51
You are correct. The situation is bad. A brotherinlaw of my rental manager was threatened into withdrawing funds from his bank account for them. He was told his family would be exterminated if he didn't comply. A hardware store owner (fatherinlaw of my housewares manager) was phoned and his family also threatened if he didn't pay them off. He convinced the caller that he didn't own the store (not true), but was just an humble manager. Shootings are nonstop. A sister city (Mexican) politician who lives on this side was gunned down in his driveway last year. Local sheriff deputies are told not to patrol alone in a zone along the border. Kidnappings are rampant, and usually end badly. I am building a home away from here and getting my wife out. I will spend only a portion of my time here, long enough only to keep my business going. American businessmen are considered prime kidnapping candidates. I was born and raised on the border, and am amazed at how fast the climate has changed here. All because our foolish politicians (and citizens) can't understand how legalizing would end this madness.

And yes, my wife carries a Glock 19 everywhere she goes, and I pack a Springfield. Ain't life grand?

From what I am hearing from people I know along the border the situation is about to get really really bad. If you live on the border you should be packing heat and be very careful all the time now. Remember not to engage the criminals crossing the border yourself but rather to alert the border patrol of their whereabouts and let the patrol officers engage them for you.

Remember if you do not follow this SOP Janet Napolitano might mistake you for a right wing terrorist, lock you up for treason, give the poor illegal healthcare and a sandwich at your expense and then seize your home via the eminent domain rule and turn it into a halfway house for the illegals to live in!!

I wish I was kidding about this but those of you who live on the border now I am not. We have no money to secure the border but plenty of money to insure illegals!!

Please be careful and God bless.

tyler1717
23rd March 2010, 23:26
funny how this story is from the telegraph. the american media is ignoring it.

TechGnosis
24th March 2010, 02:28
quis eustodiet ipos custodes?

To quote a great line from "An Education", in 50 years, nobody will be speaking Latin, not even the Latin peoples. So nobody will notice the variation on "Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?"

Katwoman
29th March 2010, 12:03
FORT HANCOCK, Texas When black SUVs trail school buses around here, no one dismisses it as routine traffic. And when three tough-looking Mexican men pace around the high school gym during a basketball game, no one assumes they're just fans.

Fear has settled over this border town of 1,700, about 50 miles southeast of Ciudad Juarez, Mexico, epicenter of that country's bloody drug war. Mexican families fleeing the violence have moved here or just sent their children, and authorities and residents say gangsters have followed them across the Rio Grande to apply terrifying, though so far subtle, intimidation.

Isn't that great news. Just imagine what amnesty will bring with it!!

My Pants Are Cold
29th March 2010, 20:41
I still like the idea of making a wall along our border with Mexico out of one giant Walmart. Entrances on the US side and exits on the Mexican side.

Katwoman
29th March 2010, 21:40
Homeland Security Assistant Inspector General Frank Deffer recently told the House's Immigration Subcommittee that the agency is not prepared for a mass amnesty, and Congress should consider this if and when they take up comprehensive immigration reform.

Deffer later declared a mass amnesty "the mother of all backlogs." Such strong statements show that massive illegal alien amnesties are not supported by government officials and U.S. citizens alike. Please send this critical message to your Congressman today against any amnesty proposal that goes through Congress.

fansubs_ca
30th March 2010, 03:37
FORT HANCOCK, Texas When black SUVs trail school buses around here, no one dismisses it as routine traffic. And when three tough-looking Mexican men pace around the high school gym during a basketball game, no one assumes they're just fans.

Fear has settled over this border town of 1,700, about 50 miles southeast of Ciudad Juarez, Mexico, epicenter of that country's bloody drug war. Mexican families fleeing the violence have moved here or just sent their children, and authorities and residents say gangsters have followed them across the Rio Grande to apply terrifying, though so far subtle, intimidation.

Isn't that great news. Just imagine what amnesty will bring with it!!

Has this started driving people to move/evacutate away from the border?
I say this just because I'm noticing a progressive reduction in English
fluency when my work calls surveys into Texas. (As in from one day
to the next over the course of last week.) It could be coincidence
driven by other factors but it seems like parts of the state are emptying
out of English speakers. Is there someone "on the ground" that can
confirm or deny this?

Katwoman
30th March 2010, 04:00
Has this started driving people to move/evacutate away from the border?
I say this just because I'm noticing a progressive reduction in English
fluency when my work calls surveys into Texas. (As in from one day
to the next over the course of last week.) It could be coincidence
driven by other factors but it seems like parts of the state are emptying
out of English speakers. Is there someone "on the ground" that can
confirm or deny this?

Read cdavport's post on page one of this thread

fansubs_ca
31st March 2010, 04:23
Read cdavport's post on page one of this thread

Seen that, I meant something more specific about _mass_ abandonment of
the area as in maybe 1/4 or more of the middle class packing up and moving.
Or at least the "renter" portion which tends to be more mobile and makes up
a big chunk of the population.

silversurfer1
31st March 2010, 16:18
This is getting more and more out of control. I see this border situation every bit as bad as our economic problems. This all will blow one day sooner than later.

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2010/03/31/states-boost-border-security-pleas-washington-unmet/

My Pants Are Cold
2nd April 2010, 23:54
This all will blow one day sooner than later.

If you ask me, the situation blows now. Blows goat, even.

Katwoman
3rd April 2010, 07:49
"Badges? We ain't got no badges. We don't need no badges! I don't have to show you any stinkin' badges"

realmoney
3rd April 2010, 08:38
funny how this story is from the telegraph. the american media is ignoring it.

True, for most mainstream media. I listen to NPR radio most mornings, and they've been covering the Mexican drug war situation for some time, esp. last few weeks. Here's one link:

http://www.npr.org/templates/story/story.php?storyId=103181125

NPR may be a bit dry, but for me they're the only station to listen to with meaningful conversations about local/national/world topics. (and no, I don't work for NPR ;).

RM