PDA

View Full Version : At what price will you NOT buy bullion?

balou2
18th June 2008, 00:52
There's a lot of commentary being slung between the pundits and the analysts. Pundits say silver is headed up, up, up with only minor deviations, while the analysts say we're headed for an end of summer/early fall between $10-$14. I've seen this discussed in a few threads, but what is the highest you'll pay for silver?

We're back over $17 now...are you still buying? Are you waiting to drop? Do you have a "magic number" that must be met in order to buy? Just curious to hear some opinions.
Thanks

balou2
18th June 2008, 00:55
And just to clarify, I'm truly curious whether folks are buying at over $17 or waiting. I've made a few small purchases recently, as I feel the long term increase will be negligible between $15 and $17.

TTAZZMAN
18th June 2008, 01:06
There's a lot of commentary being slung between the pundits and the analysts. Pundits say silver is headed up, up, up with only minor deviations, while the analysts say we're headed for an end of summer/early fall between $10-$14. I've seen this discussed in a few threads, but what is the highest you'll pay for silver?

We're back over $17 now...are you still buying? Are you waiting to drop? Do you have a "magic number" that must be met in order to buy? Just curious to hear some opinions.
Thanks

I have stated many times over the last 3 months my buy price working target is 16.50 and below this also seems to be the current floor and it seems to be very hard to buy physical under 16.50 even when spot gets there. but if i cant get physical i buy paper silver below 16.5 and have been tradeing it at above 18
i do feel if we break the 16.50 to the lowside for over 3 days close we will see support in the 15s and 16.5 will turn into resistance i do want to get my physical summer purchase goal of 2500oz bought before mid August as i see Mid August ---thru September is when silver will start its move again....if 16.5 holds up this summer as the practical low i expect to see silver go to 25ish late this year.

todate i have been able to accumulate approx 500oz of physical under 16.5 in the last couple of months

Just my personal opinions of course but this is my personal spring and summer strategy

Renegade
18th June 2008, 01:10
The long term difference will be the same as the short term difference, regardless what the price goes up to. It's still $2 difference, the buy is where money is made! DYODD

Renegade

HAG2:8
18th June 2008, 01:51
If I had the cash I would buy up to US$20.

balou2
18th June 2008, 02:03
$16.50 has been my working "rule of thumb" as well, and I believe Morgan or Hommel also said that spot below 16.50 is a sure-buy. I'm watching the resistance as well, but it changes as much as support.

I'm curious...you mention a summer goal of 2500 ounces. Is that because you'll be converting some of that if/when we see $25 this year? As with most investing, buy low, sell high. 2500 ounces at $16.50 = $41k. 2500 ounces at $25 = $62k...a tidy profit.

I wish I had the wherewithall to purchase 2500 ounces in that kind of timeframe. No matter how the pie gets sliced, we're not going to see $16-$17 for much longer.

ADUB
18th June 2008, 03:44
I'm done! I buy nusmatics here and there as gifts, but I stopped buying last year (except for 500 ounces I picked up recently with the drop). Now I have about 4300 ounces of physical. So now I just sit and wait. I read these forums and it's funny because most of the people bought for the first time this year after the increase. It has since fluctuated violently at times and folks are all concerned. If you look at 2006, and well before then, it did the same thing.

To those folks, who have recently purchased buillion, I say to just be patient and not get caught up in the day to day price swings. It will make you sick to your stomach. I remember when I first purchased siliver. I did not sleep for 3 months. Not good when you have a job like mine.

Silver for me is a love/hate relationship!

clr8ter
18th June 2008, 18:15
I won't buy it if I don't have the money, and/or I think it will not go up anymore.

JesterJay
18th June 2008, 21:13
...Then looked it up on ebay. I can make $10-15 on this bar if I post it now.
NOPE! Buy and hold. Infinitum Accumulatus.
I will buy ALSO when I have the buck-dollars and especially when it goes "drop" (waiting for that right now, I just like the JPM bar) other than that I don't think I will ever stop buying.
There may be a day when you can NOT buy at any price. It will be that tough to find. I think that will be the day to sell. Stand in front of the coin shop and say, "One ounce, ONE MILLION DOLLARS". Or Euros or Nomeros or whatever fake reserve notes they want us to use then.
Ha! I got silver today! WHOO HOO!!!
JesterJay

I won't buy it if I don't have the money, and/or I think it will not go up anymore.

TTAZZMAN
18th June 2008, 21:45
I'm curious...you mention a summer goal of 2500 ounces. Is that because you'll be converting some of that

i have no intention of converting physical bullion ever in my lifetime unless it becomes expediant to do so, it is my intention to pass along bullion to my children as a way for my children to avoid having to pay inheritance taxes. to me its all about capital presurvation and insurance against a sinking $.

Gene Daniels
19th June 2008, 02:47
My aim is to buy until about $20. But I am planning to hold for 10-20 years, so even if I were to buy until $25, I don't think I will regret it.

Imagine holding a 1oz silver round in one hand and a $20 US bill in the other, 15 years from now? Get the idea?

hiyosilver
20th June 2008, 00:56
Jeez, that's easy...I'll buy as long as there are FRNs to exchange for it. Holding "money" in the bank in this day and time is just simply stupid. Period.

balou2
20th June 2008, 01:40
Jeez, that's easy...I'll buy as long as there are FRNs to exchange for it. Holding "money" in the bank in this day and time is just simply stupid. Period.

Pardon my ignorance, but what does that mean? "You'll buy silver as long as there are FRN's to exchange for it?" My assumption is that this is with regards to stocks, not PM?

hiyosilver
21st June 2008, 00:30
As long as I can trade paper currency (FRN in this country) for precious metal.... I think a day is coming when paper too will disappear. Probably after some colossal event such as the use of a nuclear weapon, a meteor strike, or super volcano blast, or something, I imagine an announcement that all currency be submitted to banks for credit within a short time frame after which it will become worthless for trade. All monetary transactions would be required to be done electronically making them all visible and trackable to the powers that be. For a period of time barter with gold and silver could avoid this, but soon it would be confiscated and eventually become an offense punishable by death to be in possession of it.