PDA

View Full Version : Latest From Jim Willy...It Ain't Good

silversurfer1
11th March 2010, 05:48
http://www.marketoracle.co.uk/Article17803.html

Katwoman
11th March 2010, 06:57
Jake must be lovin' this sideways action in gold and silver as it definitely could not have been predicted based on TA and even defies the fundamentals. There is very little keeping gold prices flat right now and when it comes the movement upward could be very dramatic indeed as this story aptly notes.

Buy the dip:)

Katwoman
11th March 2010, 07:05
Now Hiring

Despite the millions of jobs lost overall, some sectors have actually created a significant number of jobs over the past year. Strong fundamentals are driving job creation in the following sectors:

Health Care: The health care sector created 280,000 jobs since February 2009, led by solid growth in ambulatory care services - which includes offices of physicians and other health practitioners, outpatient care centers and home healthcare services. Healthcare is one of the largest industries in the US, employing 13.6 million people. The Bureau of Labor Statistics (BLS), "Career Guide to Industries, 2010-11 Edition" forecasts that the sector will generate 3.2 million new jobs between 2008 and 2018. This is more job growth than any other industry, mainly due to rapid increase in the elderly population.

Federal Government (excluding the US Postal Service): February employment of federal government workers increased by 15,000, although there was a large decline in Postal Service employment. Jobs growth in recent months is partly the result of temporary workers hired to conduct the 2010 census. Increasing government involvement in the economy and the large number of Federal workers scheduled to retire in the years ahead provides a positive outlook for continued job growth.

Social Assistance: This sector includes individual and family services, community food and housing, emergency services and vocational rehabilitation services. It generated 82,000 jobs since February 2009. In the current climate of economic uncertainty, social assistance workers will continue to be in demand.

Employment Services: This industry provides human resources services to businesses. While most jobs in this sector are temporary, these are often a stepping-stone to better paying full-time positions. The sector created 44,000 jobs in the last month, and will undoubtedly continue generating more jobs given the high level of unemployment.

Education Services: This sector has generated 179,000 jobs over the past year. With an increasing number of people going back to school to update their skills, job prospects look bright.

Computer Systems Design And Services: Although jobs in this sector require specialized skills, it has added 8,000 jobs over the past year. This industry is expected to be among the 10 fastest-growing areas in the US, with excellent job opportunities for most workers.

Bottom Line

The ability of these sectors to generate jobs in the midst of the most challenging job market in decades is a testimony to their strong fundamentals and positive long-term outlook. Jobseekers take note.

This is absolutely the most nonsense I have heard in my entire life. So the sector of the economy experiencing the most growth is the service sector and much of this growth centers around caring for the sick, distraught, and unemployed and this is supposed to be good economic news that should inspire you to run out and get a job doing this nanny work? How the hell is this going to grow us out of debt?

We are sooooooo screwed.

Falcon
11th March 2010, 08:08
That was a very interesting article. Scary, but interesting. Other than buying PMs, is there anything that an average person can do to protect themselves?

skijake
11th March 2010, 12:05
Now Hiring

Education Services: This sector has generated 179,000 jobs over the past year. With an increasing number of people going back to school to update their skills, job prospects look bright.

This is absolutely the most nonsense I have heard in my entire life. So the sector of the economy experiencing the most growth is the service sector and much of this growth centers around caring for the sick, distraught, and unemployed and this is supposed to be good economic news that should inspire you to run out and get a job doing this nanny work? How the hell is this going to grow us out of debt?

We are sooooooo screwed.

Everyday, I hear more school boards are having to sacrifice teachers so the school adminstrators can keep there cushy jobs.
Ya, education looks like a booming industry. I think the government is still adding brokerage, real estate sales and construction jobs to the jobs picture too.:rolleyes:

I found it interesting when I read it on another site that he focused on the global earthquakes - a picture worth 1,000 words.

That's Jim.

He'll throw ya a major clue and then walk away from it, expecting you to do your own due diligence without painting himself too severely with The Dirty Brush in talking-out-of-school, as it could be considered.

I hope that picture was real. It looks like something Jake photo-shopped.:p
Anyway, I love Jim's work. Always eye-opening!:cool:

DaleFromCalgary
12th March 2010, 18:11
"Other than buying PMs, is there anything that an average person can do to protect themselves?"

I assume you mean investment-wise, and that you already have stored non-perishable food, etcetera.

I'm in conventional oil, which is doing very well lately. Look for preferred shares that pay a dividend. If you live in a petroleum-producing area, check around for limited-partnership units. Lots of junior petes have various types of investments. These are seldom advertised and are usually private equity (not publicly traded); they sell out by word-of-mouth. You can make cold calls to the juniors, or get to know people in the business. I stay away from oilsands, which are only profitable at about $75 per barrel or more; my conventional wells can run at $20.

I'm also invested in Canadian bank bonds and dividends. No Canadian bank has failed since 1928, there was no bailout required after the Panic of 2008, and some of them haven't missed a dividend in more than a century.

Cup-of-Ruin
12th March 2010, 19:24
Interesting with the Norway Spiral, it looks like the light source is coming from behind the hill, it looks like a light-beam projection. Granted it would be a fairly sophisticated torch light, but a totally terrestrial origin.

DaleFromCalgary
13th March 2010, 19:23
"A stealth rally in Gold is my forecast."

Stealth? Either there is a rally or there isn't. Unless he is talking about physical gold, which is in backwardation to paper gold.

nmreich
13th March 2010, 20:05
Kat,

Where did you get that list of job info from? Is it government propaganda? Just curious...