PDA

View Full Version : Jake

Ringramjr1
10th March 2010, 18:29
Why do all of Jake's posts (past and present) look like this:

----------------------------------------------------

Am I the only one that's seeing this? Was he banned or something?

Sakata
10th March 2010, 18:31
He was given a warning. I am guessing he ignored it. There is no registered user name Jake any more.

Sue-Z-Q
10th March 2010, 18:48
Takin' down posts. You have to leave ten digits, and holding a finger down on the period is the easy way.

I did that - in fact, used "Qwert-Qwerty" and dear Myllari kidded me and made up the most darling sample "avatar" of those zig-zagged keyboard letters.

Sakata
10th March 2010, 18:54
BTW some of you make ME nervous in talking about your ...holdings. Y'all ought consider editing some of THAT out. Peeps worry about confiscation, well, nothin' like preparing a SHOPPING LIST, eh?

And from my understanding people can take a forum i.d. and those especially talented can get ISPs and all kinds of stuff I don't really understand and soon have your name and address.

The internet is NOT anonymous.

Neither is it very truthful. People who hide behind an internet identity have a habit of exaggerating to make themselves look important. Although I am sure that many of the claims are correct, I don't actually believe anything I read on any forum. The advice and news articles I evaluate for myself. The rest if just padding.

After all, the only silver I own is a 1945 dime. Now, if only I could remember were it is. :-D:-D:-D

Jake
10th March 2010, 19:01
```````````````````````````````````````````````

Sakata
10th March 2010, 19:10
Now that is certainly very interesting. If you look in the member list there is no Jake present. So how did he post? Seems like what he said was rather repetitive.

Blades
10th March 2010, 19:11
Neither is it very truthful. People who hide behind an internet identity have a habit of exaggerating to make themselves look important. Although I am sure that many of the claims are correct, I don't actually believe anything I read on any forum. The advice and news articles I evaluate for myself. The rest if just padding.

After all, the only silver I own is a 1945 dime. Now, if only I could remember were it is. :-D:-D:-D

Didnt that dime went down with your boat?

Sakata
10th March 2010, 19:18
Didnt that dime went down with your boat?

No. I was lucky. That was all I had in my pocket that morning.

Sue-Z-Q
10th March 2010, 19:26
qwerty-qwerty <wink!>

Ardent Listener
10th March 2010, 19:29
Now that is certainly very interesting. If you look in the member list there is no Jake present. So how did he post? Seems like what he said was rather repetitive.

I see Jake listed below on the main page. But it is like he is a ghost floating around here now. Any of you psychics able to contact him?

Ardent Listener
10th March 2010, 19:30
Jake, post three --- if you are o.k.

What is Truth?
10th March 2010, 19:38
I see Jake listed below on the main page. But it is like he is a ghost floating around here now. Any of you psychics able to contact him?

Jake, I'll avenge your death. :(

Sue-Z-Q
10th March 2010, 19:43
Hey, at least he has the comfort of being missed. What if ya disappear and no one goes lookin'?

Tom Sawyer and Huck Finn had the idea, heh, heh, and the modern day version can be found on SSF... lurking and watching the grieved, and those more relieved than grieved? Drama at its best.

DaBrownsRPhat
10th March 2010, 19:43
He was given a warning. I am guessing he ignored it. There is no registered user name Jake any more.

They all said edited by Jake. I thought he just wanted to prove a point and took the extreme and instead of stopping or turning it down a notch he edited everyone of his posts.

I hope he isn't gone, while he would keep on twisting the knife and could be ruthless, I liked his contributions (not personal attack but valuable) overall.

DaBrownsRPhat
10th March 2010, 19:47
Takin' down posts. You have to leave ten digits, and holding a finger across is the easy way.

I did that - in fact, used "Qwert-Qwerty" and dear Myllari kidded me and made up the most darling sample "avatar" of those zig-zagged keyboard letters.

BTW some of you make ME nervous in talking about your ...holdings. Y'all ought consider editing some of THAT out. Peeps worry about confiscation, well, nothin' like preparing a SHOPPING LIST, eh?

And from my understanding people can take a forum i.d. and those especially talented can get ISPs and all kinds of stuff I don't really understand and soon have your name and address.

The internet is NOT anonymous. Sometimes taking away one's i.d. on forums might serve double purposes, LOL, protect the poster from himself/herself and protect humanity, heh, heh. Jake seems gone from the member list but was present in the names on the who-is-present on the opening page of forums and I followed it to his link.

Go in peace, Jake, and prosperity.

Very true about announcing what you have.

I am just here because it is entertaining, I hold no PM's whatsoever. I had one silver coin but I lost it a while ago ;)

If you do not want it used against you ever, do not type it on the internet is good advice. Same with e-mails.

Sue-Z-Q
10th March 2010, 19:48
Chris Mullen is not that petty and unforgiving and cuts us all a LOT of slack in a free-speech stance and forum trusting us to be adults.

Sue-Z-Q
10th March 2010, 19:49
I'm old and "long enough in tooth" what silver I have is the amalgam kind in MY TEETH... :(

DaBrownsRPhat
10th March 2010, 19:49

Maybe he is a government cyber agent and has been taking notes. The mean spirited part of his posts are just a cover to throw us off ;)

Yes, I'm in a joking mood right now .......... or am I being serious ........... just joking ;)

main1event
10th March 2010, 19:51
I'm tired of his drama, its no loss.

beach miner
10th March 2010, 19:52
Jake had a Tantrum on the Thread; Come on hold up your hand. Chris told him to clean up his act. Guess he's--- taking all his words and going home. If I happen to be the reason for it, I'm glad. He has hurt a lot of people on this forum. My last straw with him was when he hurt the Lone Ranger. A lot could be said, but doesn't need to be. See Ya At The Top.

What is Truth?
10th March 2010, 19:55
Maybe he is a government cyber agent and has been taking notes. The mean spirited part of his posts are just a cover to throw us off ;)

Yes, I'm in a joking mood right now .......... or am I being serious ........... just joking ;)

Jake may have been cranky at times but he was no government nark.

What is Truth?
10th March 2010, 19:59
I'm tired of his drama, its no loss.

You would like him to be gone wouldn't you? Face it main, he could take your posts down to the ground with one finger on the keyboard.

main1event
10th March 2010, 20:08
Not sure if he could or not, hes been on ignore for such a long time. Looks like you belong there too.

nmreich
10th March 2010, 20:25
I hope Jake learns how to temper his rhetoric since that will end up being more important to his future survival than all of his silver and gold.

Sue-Z-Q
10th March 2010, 20:33
Hey What Is Truth?

Ya forgot to add "In Memory of DUNEYMAN" too. Fair's fair, bubba, let's not play fav'rits now, LOL. You go back purty far; you and Duney signed on within hours of each other, if I recall correctly. Long lost buds, y'know. Hoist one high for him.

fansubs_ca
11th March 2010, 02:34
I'm old and "long enough in tooth" what silver I have is the amalgam kind in MY TEETH... :(

Ug, considering the other part of the alloy is mercury I'd never want that in
my teeth leaching out over time! Gold is also out, too many freaks that would
try knocking it out to steal it. I perfer filling material that's non-toxic, matches
the color of the tooth and has no "recycling" value attached to it. ;)

What is Truth?
11th March 2010, 09:27
Hey What Is Truth?

Ya forgot to add "In Memory of DUNEYMAN" too. Fair's fair, bubba, let's not play fav'rits now, LOL. You go back purty far; you and Duney signed on within hours of each other, if I recall correctly. Long lost buds, y'know. Hoist one high for him.

If you want to accuse me of being Dunneyman then just say so Sue-z-no clue. Dunneyman and Jake are as opposite as you can get. Jake is as pro-silver as they come. So what's your point?

I'm surprised that you would go so low to try to start a Dunnyman witch hunt against me. Shame on you.

Sue-Z-Q
11th March 2010, 09:52
If you want to accuse me of being Dunneyman then just say so Sue-z-no clue. Dunneyman and Jake are as opposite as you can get. Jake is as pro-silver as they come. So what's your point?

I'm surprised that you would go so low to try to start a Dunnyman witch hunt against me. Shame on you.

You ABSOLUTELY are NOT Duneyman. You're too gentlemanly to blat at us about a 'nuanced' mind. You'd let your writings speak for you. If you were...I certainly would not have just recommended you for Premium status, my friend. I was just gigging you with a stick (sorry...) because you have a proclivity of "rooting for the underdog" and also "taking up for those who are despised by others".

As a novelist and writing instructor I pay attention to "style" and yours is and always has been far afield from Duney's. My "point" was that in having signed on about the same time as the D-Man (who I basically got along with) is that you trod the same long journey with us all, put up with him when no one else did, and I was teasing you that he deserved an "in memorium" too.

Face to face, kiddo, this wouldn't have happened. Voice inflection and all that. Accept my apologies. I wasn't trying to cast aspertion on you.

Mea Culpa.

BTW - Sue-Z-No-Clue...I like that. Verrrrrrrry clever comeback, heh, heh.

What is Truth?
11th March 2010, 10:10
You ABSOLUTELY are NOT Duneyman. You're too gentlemanly to blat at us about a 'nuanced' mind. You'd let your writings speak for you. If you were...I certainly would not have just recommended you for Premium status, my friend. I was just gigging you with a stick (sorry...) because you have a proclivity of "rooting for the underdog" and also "taking up for those who are despised by others".

As a novelist and writing instructor I pay attention to "style" and yours is and always has been far afield from Duney's. My "point" was that in having signed on about the same time as the D-Man (who I basically got along with) is that you trod the same long journey with us all, put up with him when no one else did, and I was teasing you that he deserved an "in memorium" too.

Face to face, kiddo, this wouldn't have happened. Voice inflection and all that. Accept my apologies. I wasn't trying to cast aspertion on you.

Mea Culpa.

BTW - Sue-Z-No-Clue...I like that. Verrrrrrrry clever comeback, heh, heh.

I accept your apologies and sincerely thank you for them.

Yes, I root for the underdog only because I know they have a right to express their opinions even though they may be unpopular. Dunneyman was arrogant and antagonised members with it. But he had some good arguments against silver that should be discussed. Jake got cranky often but he had a counter argument against TA that will no longer be expressed at this site. I don't have his knowledge so I can't fill his shoes.

I sincerely wish both had better people skills so they would both be still posting here and then we could all decide for ourselves what is truth.

Sue-Z-Q
11th March 2010, 10:16
Thank you for forgiveness, dear.

BTW both of us have figured out that one can learn as much from a counter opinion than from those who march in mental lockstep. I've tended to "pat the underdawgs" and they rarely growl at me. I vaguely recall Duneyman writing something brilliantly insightful onct upon a time and I suggested he should be awarded a wreath around his neck like a Kentucky Derby Winner.

As we say in the hills: "Every hog finds an acorn every once in awhile."

One doesn't need to order Dale Carnegie's HOW TO WIN FRIENDS, (etc) to develop People Skills. It can be done on the cheap by listening, thinking, considering, keeping an open mind and having basic regard for fellows in humanity and focusing on what we share instead of creating emotional dust-devils over what we do not.

What is Truth?
11th March 2010, 10:28
Thank you for forgiveness, dear.

BTW both of us have figured out that one can learn as much from a counter opinion than from those who march in mental lockstep. I've tended to "pat the underdawgs" and they rarely growl at me. I vaguely recall Duneyman writing something brilliantly insightful onct upon a time and I suggested he should be awarded a wreath around his neck like a Kentucky Derby Winner.

As we say in the hills: "Every hog finds an acorn every once in awhile."

One doesn't need to order Dale Carnegie's HOW TO WIN FRIENDS, (etc) to develop People Skills. It can be done on the cheap by listening, thinking, considering, keeping an open mind and having basic regard for fellows in humanity and focusing on what we share instead of creating emotional dust-devils over what we do not.

You are welcome. BTW, the 'Sue-Z-no clue' was the best I could do. I was taught not to swear when I get upset. ;)

Chris Mullen
11th March 2010, 11:42
I did not ban Jake. I didn't even give him a formal warning or infraction. I never edited his posts. He choose to do that.

I simply made him aware that his vulgar language was disturbing many other members, which should have come as no surprise to anyone.

Jake
11th March 2010, 11:59
-----------------------

DaBrownsRPhat
11th March 2010, 12:07
-------------------I-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------was------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------never-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------hugged-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------as-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------a----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------kid-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------so------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------I---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------throw---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------temper----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------tantrums-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------now-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------bye

Sorry man, I had to. I am just joking so you know, but you also have to know you are taking this to the extreme. I like your contributions of information, but just learn how to play nice and know when to stop twisting the knife ;)

I'm just giving suggestions, take them or leave them of course your choice, and I am trying to not say ...... just learning this now? ;) hehehehe

Jake
11th March 2010, 12:15
````````````````````

Jake
11th March 2010, 12:47
````````````````

Jake
11th March 2010, 12:48
`````````````````

Sue-Z-Q
11th March 2010, 13:01
Take some responsibility, Jake-0.

I was in a nearby state with no computer access when you and The Lone Ranger crossed swords. SHE is one of the sharpest tacks in the sack. And your remarks to her were totally unpleasant and uncalled for and offensive.

One thing I've noticed about ALL you guys is when you get angry, ya all seem to "go for the genitals". That is where the twain seldom meets 'tween men and women. Guys get mad at each other and they start making Junk Remarks in the Trash Talk Realm... Women don't.

I was considering doing a post, warning people it's a parody of the song "Bill Bailey" and inquiring,

"Lone Ranger Won't You Plllllleeeeeeeasssee Come Hooooooooome"?

I truly miss 'Ranger and her input and I can tell a lot of the Real Men On This Board do, also. In bad times anyone who wouldn't want Ranger at their backs is an incorrigible idiot. She's bedrock, has done her family proud and has the great kids to prove it. I wish on my best day I knew HALF as much as Ranger does on her worst...!

Jake
11th March 2010, 13:14
````````````````

Jake
11th March 2010, 13:15
`````````````

Sue-Z-Q
11th March 2010, 13:16
Well...all of my 1587 or so posts have been deleted, so you can summon all the "offended" members back so you can have your happy family again.
This post will self destruct in a few minutes.

Uh...NO it won't sweetie. I just locked YOU in the way you figuratively and literally "locked in" other peoples' posts.

Don't act innocent. You know EXactly what I'm referring to. That way they couldn't change their long past words and you could resurrect them to beat someone over the head any damned time you fell like it.

BTW thanks. I've been humming, "Please Release Me Let Me GO!" and you basically have. Appreciate it, Big Guy.

Sue-Z-Q
11th March 2010, 13:18
blah blah blah
my god, this place is full of nuts
with all this "love" it's a wonder any of you have time for silver.

Thanks for letting me keep ya around. Funny, I was gonna ask if you'd had time to pay attention to news or the markets. I haven't, LOL, but they're hardly 'exciting'. Markets move - but so do peoples' bowels.

BTW - how come you locked up my post up earlier in the "Hard to Argue With This" thread, the one with the BIG RED BINGO?? Cause I said something NICE about you and you wanted it to remain with me unable to do a blinkin' thing about it as a permananet ego-stroke to leave behind?!

MasterQ
11th March 2010, 13:29
Thanks for letting me keep ya around. Funny, I was gonna ask if you'd had time to pay attention to news or the markets. I haven't, LOL, but they're hardly 'exciting'. Markets move - but so do peoples' bowels.

With all due respect Sue-Z...just let it die.

There are more than enough people here who can breathe much easier now.

-Q

Sue-Z-Q
11th March 2010, 13:34
Gotcha, darlin'. GREAT MINDS WALLOW THE SAME RUTS. I'd already decided that on my own.

I took down earlier posts. I clicked on his name and he spent a lotta time lurking on the Jake post (it tattles on what you are doing, BTW, even gives clues if you are merely lurking or are "responding".) So...I were merely having a little fun...and trying to talk sense at the same time.

I don't know how to do it - but a person can go in and "lock" a thread to end it. Now might be an ideal time, lol.

Chris, dear....?

beach miner
11th March 2010, 13:37
Yer RIGHT Q. We need to stick a fork in this one---It's done.