PDA

View Full Version : Question about the ASE 2006 W

balou2
16th June 2008, 02:38
So, these suckers are currently selling between $60-80 on ebay. Most private sites I see that have them are selling them for over $100.

What do you think will happen with these in the long term?

My original collecting of the ASE was numismatic in purpose. Over the last year I've gotten out of coin collecting (except for a few specific types), but still buy the Eagles for the silver.

My question: Should I sell down the last remaining few 2006W UNC that I have and put it back in to bullion, or do you think the long term value of the 2006W will surpass the value of a silver ounce?

Just looking for opinions from a varied group of folks. I could easily make enough to pick up another 100oz. bar.

JesterJay
16th June 2008, 03:04
I always think of these things in reverse:
WHY would the 2006 W, in the far future bring a larger premium than it is currently commanding?
Rarity, demand, condition, verifiably .999 silver.
You can get all that with a "run of the mill UNC" SAE.
I do not hold any Eagles for pretty value. Though they are nice. I have sold ALL my numismatic holdings except for some "cool" coins I like with minimal value involved.
Any day I could trade a couple dozen ounces of silver for ONE HUNDRED,
I WOULD!
Bullion is the answer. Buy it, hold it, own it!
JesterJay

So, these suckers are currently selling between $60-80 on ebay. Most private sites I see that have them are selling them for over $100.

What do you think will happen with these in the long term?

My original collecting of the ASE was numismatic in purpose. Over the last year I've gotten out of coin collecting (except for a few specific types), but still buy the Eagles for the silver.

My question: Should I sell down the last remaining few 2006W UNC that I have and put it back in to bullion, or do you think the long term value of the 2006W will surpass the value of a silver ounce?

Just looking for opinions from a varied group of folks. I could easily make enough to pick up another 100oz. bar.

HAG2:8
16th June 2008, 07:03
Got a catalogue from my Aussie coin dealer today.

Offering 20 SAE 2008 for US$535 or singles at US$27
Or A$643.50 A $33

How does that sound to you guys in the US?

Phaeton
16th June 2008, 07:21

Or A$643.50 A $33

It sounds steep!

But 1for1, who is also from Australia, enlightened me once, as to your situations in trying to buy cheap silver over there - So from what he's told me, that probably is a good deal for you! If you plan on holding for the long run, you should still pocket a good profit if you sell!

balou2
16th June 2008, 18:24

Or A$643.50 A $33

Yeh...definitely high, though I am not exactly sure the exchange of AUS to USD. I can get a roll (20) of ASE for about $400. HOWEVER, I do recognize the international challenges with the ASE, so I can't say whether your deal is a good one. Even on US ebay you can get a roll of 20 between $380-450.