PDA

View Full Version : A Bit Of Confusion On The China/IMF Gold Buy

silversurfer1
26th February 2010, 06:19
Check this out - the guessing game gets stronger. I say they will do it. China MUST start to get rid of U.S. Dollars. I cannot see them passing this up.

http://www.reuters.com/article/idUSTRE61P0QZ20100226

nmreich
26th February 2010, 08:50
Oh man, that's classic. A journalist who doesn't think that her actions have consequences: "there's just no way that could be because of my article.".

Contacted by Reuters, the author of the Rough and Polished story, Nadezhda Shagrova, who works as a tour guide and journalist in Shanghai, said she did not have any official information to back up her story.

"The source for the story? Well, that's been written about in lots of places. I mean, Xinhua news agency wrote about that and other official Chinese sources, lots of them. Why are you asking?"

Told that gold prices were moving on her story, she said:

"No, no, there's just no way that could be because of my article."

Steadfast
26th February 2010, 09:20
Check this out - the guessing game gets stronger. I say they will do it. China MUST start to get rid of U.S. Dollars. I cannot see them passing this up.

That's right!
China will happily give up their useless paper U.S. bonds
in trade for REAL silver and Gold...

Why, it's a no brainer... :rolleyes:

That's why You and I should all be eager to trade in our Fiat green paper for real silver rounds weekly. :D

AgShaman
27th February 2010, 03:37
Regardless of China's play...or lack thereof. Miss Shagrova works in China...and she doesn't seem to be giving up her source. Coaxed into breaking it....maybe. Coming up with the notion herself...doubtful....media mouthpieces do not have a track record of spearheading issues like these...they tend to be as uninformed as the people on the street unwilling to relieve a Cat of his one ounce gold coin for fifty bucks.

Shuffled off into the shadows...because of a slip of the lip...or a plan engineered by a puppet master controlling the "shagtastic" reporter.

Who steps up to the plate to make off with....or let it hang in the abyss....the 191.3 Au should be the primary focus. The market will no doubt decide in the near term if gold is meant to hold above 1000. With Greece losing press and Spain gaining press...one would have to conclude that Iceland could be around every corner and heads will spin with the noise. How the stock market stays above 10k is a marvel in an of itself with all the good news floating around these days. Maybe the IMF has been directed to liquidate and provide "bailout funding" for the PIIGS....last to the trough will still be artificially "fat enough" to be on their way to the abattoir.

Curiosity will not kill the C/Kats of SS nation!